Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
So, Helens mate, 40notfrumpy, is asking her followers to complete a survey on behalf of a major retailer who she’s working for to look at reducing waste and only supply clothes people really want. So it’s meant to be about sustainability, which is a joke. She’s as bad as her mate 40plusnotgivingupyet with regards to constant swipe ups, ads and try ons, receiving gifted clothing etc. She, along with Helen, are actively encouraging followers to buy more not less. I mean, how many dresses/ T shirts/ etc does one person need? Really hypocritical for her to be addressing that we need less waste in the fashion industry whilst always encouraging others to buy the clothes she shows off. These influencers are a disgrace - they only think about the money they are getting paid and certainly not the effects on the planet. BTW her #ad is hidden amongst the other hashtags, so it’s not immediately clear it is an ad - I think that’s also a bit misleading.
And let’s not pretend their mutual friend Abi who brought 3 All Saints leather biker jackets 🙄 The hypocrisy is astounding!

• Wow
Reactions: 5

Interwibble

I wondered if thered be a thread for the page that is pretty much story after story of swipe ups and adverts... i wasn't disappointed and heh, we all rolling our eyes at the same stuff. Unfollow time!

I agree re backofthewardrobe70. I used to like what she wore, but then she got in with the 'popular girls' and I think it went to her head a bit. She's hit and miss now, and the copious flouncy dresses a bit much for me.

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
My work dress code is semi casual (I can wear plain fitted black jeans, but no other colour or style jeans, knee length skirt, a shirt or more 'formal' top etc. Men can wear a shirt with chinos but don't have to wear a tie or formal shoes. No trainers allowed on anyone) My job is very much male dominated. I've never worn a blazer in my life for work and I've never seen any of the men I work with wearing one either.

I don't think I know any woman who wears a blazer, not for work and DEFINITELY not for casual wear.

AdAdAdGiftGiftGiftBoring

I like Helen but as I said before getting very bored with her account. She appears very conscious of the spend culture and sometimes caveats her stories with “only buy what you need/or can afford”. It really doesn’t sit well with me when she starts flogging advent calendars at £130 with affiliate links - it just contradicts everything. Who in their right mind would spend £130 on an advent calendar. The beauty ones really wind me up as I would imagine 90% of the products in then you’ll never use as likely to not suit your skin tone/colour etc.

LilyRose

I'm a bit conflicted when it comes to Helen as I do enjoy some of her posts. However I agree that she desperately tries to flog some nasty cheap clothes and pretends that she loves them (seriously, M&CO!) and like most 'influencers' she is out to get people to swipe up on her affiliate links. I have bought a few things on the back of her promotions, but I never swipe up, I always go online on my PC (old school!) and order them direct. Her post today about how to style the Sweaty Betty yoga pants was beyond hilarious - she looked ridiculous. And I have to disagree with her - the elephant cameo leggings are not a flattering print on her. I really don't like her short friend though (there is separate thread about her so I won't say anything on this thread).

Saps

Is it me or does she pronounce the name of those Spanx leggings wrong? They are moto (as on motorsports) he pronounces them Mot o. I’m pretty sure someone told her that she was saying it wrong and she is still doing it!
Also how desperate is she for a John Lewis deal??

• Haha

loubylou50

VIP Member
We bloody knew it didn't we? I expect the majority of her followers won't want to throw £75 at a pair of sandals. Surely she must feel awkward about pimping them?

I expect the fangirls will buy. Then they will have a revelation and we will see them on this thread in a few months time....
I wonder if they’ve only had a fairly small amount made, so that in just a week or two’s time she can claim “all sold out already!” and have everyone praising her?!

motherofdonkeys

VIP Member
I don't dislike Helen, like others say, she's more genuine that many other instagrammers, I unfollowed her though as couldn't take all the repeat try ons she posts, plus she talks like she's on speed too much.

Remember to clear your cookies too....just in case youve ever been tempted to swipe up...even if you didn’t buy she still gets something if you ever revisit a site, even for something unrelated....I didn’t know this until I read that here

Unfollowed. The bloody look fantastic swipe-ups at sparrows fart when you’re on a fitness retreat was the final straw. Which is a shame because I liked her in the beginning and even followed a few of her recommendations but too much same same and tat now in the pursuit of a quick buck

fiffle-faffle

I think I am with the majority here - I used to really like Helen but have unfollowed as I can't take any more eyelash serum, tan drops, earings, cami tops or bloody biker jackets.

Saps

Backofthewardrobe70 is another one that looks like a bag lady, I’ve never understood this woman’s popularity as she’s trying too hard and getting it all wrong! Also I was flabbergasted to see she’s only in her ‘40s !!
Totally agree Frumpy!

it is the multitude of long skirts!!

I think 40 plus annoys me more. the heels and jeans last week were awful. And the constant ‘such a cool look’ ‘how cool is that’ when it isn’t!

VerrucaSalt

She’s actually posted herself in her underwear. Absolutely selling her soul. Why does she think anyone wants to see her in her bra and pants?

I have lost count of the times I’ve seen the green jumper and the under eye brightener she uses 🤦🏻‍♀️
It’s insufferable isn’t it. Who are the people who are buying all these things through her links?! Clearly people are or she wouldn’t keep doing it. It’s the repetitive stories that I find the worse, she should just story once then put in highlights. No need to repeat the EXACT SAME try on eight, nine, ten times!