24 hours in Police Custody - Channel 4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What is inexcusable about the police’s handling of the bloke in custody was their refusal to send for a nurse because he didn’t reply to the redundant question what is wrong. As can be seen in the CCTV he had them repeatedly his head and neck hurt. He was quite obviously disoriented, distressed and had issues with balance. Way above what you would expect of someone pissed on vodka. The complaints system and IOPC isn’t fit for purpose.

Reactions: 17
What is inexcusable about the police’s handling of the bloke in custody was their refusal to send for a nurse because he didn’t reply to the redundant question what is wrong. As can be seen in the CCTV he had them repeatedly his head and neck hurt. He was quite obviously disoriented, distressed and had issues with balance. Way above what you would expect of someone pissed on vodka. The complaints system and IOPC isn’t fit for purpose.
They 100% shouldmve had a nurse attend BUT you clearly haven’t been around a lot of drunk people. I’ve seen people act worse and just be drunk.

Reactions: 3
They 100% shouldmve had a nurse attend BUT you clearly haven’t been around a lot of drunk people. I’ve seen people act worse and just be drunk.
But he got more and more "drunk" as time went on. As they kept saying, they are not trained nurses/doctors which, is even more of a reason to call a nurse right away.

Reactions: 10
I did a placement In police custody some years ago and it was standard practice even if someone came in showing signs of intoxication to alert the nurse. Not sure if this was just good practice in the custody suite I was in or if it’s suppose to be countrywide. The way that lad was acting should of been signs for him to be medically checked out. Even if they thought he was drunk!

Reactions: 13
You’re making a lot of assumptions that are so far from the reality of my life. There is a clear difference between being drunk and some of the symptoms he presented. Don’t make presumptions about anyone’s life experiences based on how you perceive one comment.

Reactions: 1
You’re making a lot of assumptions that are so far from the reality of my life. There is a clear difference between being drunk and some of the symptoms he presented. Don’t make presumptions about anyone’s life experiences based on how you perceive one comment.
Yes, there is a difference if you know what to look for which a regular person wouldn’t.
The great thing about Tattle is that I can have opinions and presumptions and say what I want

Reactions: 4
Yes, there is a difference if you know what to look for which a regular person wouldn’t.
The great thing about Tattle is that I can have opinions and presumptions and say what I want
They're not regular people. They are police who have a responsibility to look after the public.

There are plenty of stats and research proving how the police treat people of colour differently to white people, it's not anecdotal.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
That woman on the bus was awful - who behaves like that - with a baby. It was absolutely disgraceful.
The whole situation could have been solved if she a) did threaten to 'batter a fed' and b) if she'd just got off the damn bus.
You pick your battles don't you - and the police are involved and your baby is crying then I'd suggest that staying on the bus is really just not worth it.

Reactions: 6
We now have a thread for To Catch a Copper, if not everyone has found it yet. :)

Reactions: 6
There are plenty of stats and research proving how the police treat people of colour differently to white people, it's not anecdotal.
They treat anybody that is from a marginalised background differently. From black to disabled.

It has been on youtube for ages, why they reshowing this I don't know unless it is cheap TV as C4 are struggling at the moment.

Reactions: 2
Did anyone else watch this one in 2021? It was The Detectives on BBC, It always plays on my mind as the third part was never shown but looking back, I think it was on TV early 2021 which is around the time of the trial (poss delays due to Covid) the whole of series one has been removed from iPlayer. The crimes committed in 2020 were horrific but it was a really interesting watch.
IMG_3780.jpeg

Did anyone else watch this one in 2021? It was The Detectives on BBC, It always plays on my mind as the third part was never shown but looking back, I think it was on TV early 2021 which is around the time of the trial (poss delays due to Covid) the whole of series one has been removed from iPlayer. The crimes committed in 2020 were horrific but it was a really interesting watch.
View attachment 2767789
They created a second series with the missing episodes I think. I guess something got caught up legally

Attachments