24 hours in Police Custody - Channel 4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I seem to have missed that episode the first time round, so just watched it based on your proclamation. The syopsis made it sound boring but what a great episode!
A highlight was of course the surgeon's freudian slip when he said "That doesn't make me innocent" in the interview. :LOL: Also what a nob he was when he was being charged, getting annoyed at having been "addressed incorrectly", when he'd previously referred to the leading officer as "Dave" and addressed the female officers in his second interview as "Girls..."
claim to tangent fame - my brother in law received a number of calls from the antiques guy when he worked for a bank, just before he was arrested and actually flagged them up to his manager because he was just so obviously dodgy. He then had the case taken off him to the team that deals with criminal enquiries and was like 'I GUESSED HE WAS A CROOK!'

• Haha
Reactions: 13
have seen in a news article, Channel 4 are doing a program called’The Push: Murder on the Cliff’ looks interesting but I can’t find out when it airs 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 8
I can't for the life of me remember if this was 24hr in police custody or if it was something else, but does anyone remember a series maybe 2yrs ish ago that was about the police hacking into Encrochat? (Like a secure WhatsApp for criminals basically) and they busted some drug gang that was smuggling stuff into the country?! I can't remember the name and would love to re-watch..

Reactions: 4
I can't for the life of me remember if this was 24hr in police custody or if it was something else, but does anyone remember a series maybe 2yrs ish ago that was about the police hacking into Encrochat? (Like a secure WhatsApp for criminals basically) and they busted some drug gang that was smuggling stuff into the country?! I can't remember the name and would love to re-watch..
I think it was a 24 hours special. Might have been a 2 parter

Reactions: 1
There’s two episodes called Home County Cartel - could it be that one?

Reactions: 2
I don’t know about a TV series but I’m currently listening to a BBC podcast about it called Catching The Kingpins - quite good. They often have accompanying TV shows to their pods so it might be on the BBC.

Reactions: 3
I love these programs. Did another see the episode called something like the black widow? It put me off online dating!

Reactions: 1
Hmm yes, was it where they were shipping drugs in on crates of insect catchers? And the police intercepted the crate at Dover and put a camera on?

Reactions: 3
There’s two episodes called Home County Cartel - could it be that one?
That's the one! Thanks!

Re watched the episodes this evening and forgot how good they are. Fascinating re-watching it now and googling some of those involved. One got 20yr sentence in 2020, eligible for parole in 2030, for importing millions and millions worth of drugs. I think I was expecting a lesser sentence for drugs but I suppose that is some pretty serious drug shipping there.

Also thanks whoever mentioned kingpins podcast - love stuff like that so will give it a listen!

• Heart
That's the one! Thanks!

Re watched the episodes this evening and forgot how good they are. Fascinating re-watching it now and googling some of those involved. One got 20yr sentence in 2020, eligible for parole in 2030, for importing millions and millions worth of drugs. I think I was expecting a lesser sentence for drugs but I suppose that is some pretty serious drug shipping there.

Also thanks whoever mentioned kingpins podcast - love stuff like that so will give it a listen!
Another good podcast is ‘scamfluencers’ mostly American celebrities (a few real housewives too surprise surprise)