To Catch a Copper - Channel 4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"Jaw-dropping documentary series which, like the real Line of Duty, unearths shocking cases of corrupt officers in Avon and Somerset Police."

Has anyone caught the first episode? It was honestly harrowing to watch. 😢

They showed bodycam footage where officers grabbed a suicidal woman by her hair, pinned her down by kneeling on her back and pepper sprayed her inside a vehicle.

Another case featured a female member of the public who reported that she'd had sex with an on-duty officer.
The officer was suspended on full pay and it took four years to get to court. After being found not guilty, he was allowed to medically retire! 🤬

I'm really looking forward to the next episode but I know already it's going to make me so bloody angry. 🤯

• Sad
Reactions: 7
"Jaw-dropping documentary series which, like the real Line of Duty, unearths shocking cases of corrupt officers in Avon and Somerset Police."

They showed bodycam footage where officers grabbed a suicidal woman by her hair, pinned her down by kneeling on her back and pepper sprayed her inside a vehicle.

Another case featured a female member of the public who reported that she'd had sex with an on-duty officer.
The officer was suspended on full pay and it took four years to get to court. After being found not guilty, he was allowed to medically retire! 🤬

I'm really looking forward to the next episode but I know already it's going to make me so bloody angry. 🤯
I watched it

Omg I found it so hard to watch what they did to that woman .. I felt sick and angry... they treated her like tit on their shoe ..
Very well made documentary though have to say... but very sad to watch xxx

Reactions: 12
I watched it last night. It was so traumatising. That poor woman. The police made me sick. Scum of the earth. And that rapist with his simpleton of a wife. Vile.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
I don’t know if I can bring myself to watch the next episode, the outcome of the last one made me so so angry. I don’t know how to do a spoiler to speak about it in more detail 😡😡

Reactions: 5
I don’t know if I can bring myself to watch the next episode, the outcome of the last one made me so so angry. I don’t know how to do a spoiler to speak about it in more detail 😡😡
You just type [spoiler*] write your post here [spoiler/*] but remove the asterisks. :)

Reactions: 3
Oh this made me feel ill watching it.

The way that suicidal woman was manhandled and mistreated.

As for the Lee Cocking part of it...

No wonder we have such a low reporting rate and such a low conviction rate for rape. Poor woman didn't think anyone would believe her and the system bore that out.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
As a woman with mental health issues who's been through it I couldn't watch. So traumatising for a woman who is already in crisis.

The police are sick.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
This is horrific, and why are the officers babied so much when they get interviewed about the incidents? The ‘reflective practice’ is absolutely pathetic. Most of us have probably had a worse bollocking at school!

Reactions: 12
Just watching the second episode now.. have to say its infuriating the way the police are behaving... makes me feel sick ... then they dont even get proper punishment .. horrible

Reactions: 1
I haven’t watched the second episode but the first one honestly made me cry and bought back some awful memories. As a woman with trauma and MH issues, I’ve had some horrid experiences with the police. Fortunately I have also had some extremely good experiences with them too and I now work with the police in my role now.

• Heart
This is horrific, and why are the officers babied so much when they get interviewed about the incidents? The ‘reflective practice’ is absolutely pathetic. Most of us have probably had a worse bollocking at school!
I've only seen the second ep, but I found this just absolutely jaw-dropping. Pretty much the first thing said to them by the investigators was 'don't worry, we've got your back'. And they wonder why no one trusts them anymore

The title of this show is so misleading - I thought it was going to be about how they investigate corrupt police officers. Quite the opposite

omg it really was harrowing!! and the fact they all basically got away with it???
I really thought they were going to say the coppers got sent down for it but the fact they didn’t, boils my piss and terrifies me at the same time!

Reactions: 7
omg it really was harrowing!! and the fact they all basically got away with it???
I really thought they were going to say the coppers got sent down for it but the fact they didn’t, boils my piss and terrifies me at the same time!
Me too! "Reflective practice" is a load of old guff. I imagine when the cameras aren't there it's a case of the line manager saying, "You f*cked up there mate, just make sure you don't get caught next time!" 😉

It's absolutely infuriating. 🤬

Reactions: 6
It's no secret about the corruption in the police but this show has opened my eyes. They care about the officers being blamed than they do the victims and the "training" they have is a joke , its like a teacher telling primary school children to be kind to each other

I still can't get over that fella the other day saying "If you're not getting complaints you're doing it wrong", blatantly, in front of the cameras. And these 'reflective practice' sessions are clearly BS, just an excuse to have a cuppa and say whoopsie, try not to get caught next time, but I would have done the same thing.

I was looking forward to watching this series, but then I watched the first episode and felt so much anger that I’ve not watched any more. Not good for my internal rage at the corrupt system.

When the one officer in the second episode said something like ‘I don’t care who you are or what alien planet you come from’ I could have cried with frustration.
No there aren’t any ‘aliens’ but there are people of colour and different cultures in the UK and you should acknowledge that.
It’s 2024 and ethnic minorities’ experiences with the police are vastly different to those of white people.
The police are so institutionally racist that it’s in the very language that they use. It’s so flippant and casual. And the Chief Commissioner couldn’t have given less of a tit about it all.

Reactions: 13
So that's 2 episodes in and not one officer disciplined!!! Rotten to the absol core

Reactions: 10
When the one officer in the second episode said something like ‘I don’t care who you are or what alien planet you come from’ I could have cried with frustration.
No there aren’t any ‘aliens’ but there are people of colour and different cultures in the UK and you should acknowledge that.
It’s 2024 and ethnic minorities’ experiences with the police are vastly different to those of white people.
The police are so institutionally racist that it’s in the very language that they use. It’s so flippant and casual. And the Chief Commissioner couldn’t have given less of a tit about it all.
THIS!! I’ve just watched the second one and was horrified by that police officer making those blatant comments. It’s disgusting. Liking anyone other than a white male to aliens is nothing but disgusting.

• Heart
Reactions: 4