24 hours in Police Custody - Channel 4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
the Canadian one i often think about the neighbour who let her go back.

the alex ruggles one happened next to my grandparents house
Was it the neighbour who didn't call the police until the noise had stopped? (Or I could be thinking of a different case , I've watched a few documentaries lately)

Oh did it how awful , I feel a bit bad for saying this but Alex's mum sounded like she was putting an accent on , it didn't sound real and like she sometimes slipped from a "posh" accent to her usual one

Was it the neighbour who didn't call the police until the noise had stopped? (Or I could be thinking of a different case , I've watched a few documentaries lately)

Oh did it how awful , I feel a bit bad for saying this but Alex's mum sounded like she was putting an accent on , it didn't sound real and like she sometimes slipped from a "posh" accent to her usual one
Think you’re mixed up with another. From what I remember the neighbour encouraged her to ring the police and she refused and said she was ok. I don’t know why neighbour didn't ring anyway but i assume we have the benefit of hindsight

i never noticed the accent change. Where is the mum meant to be from?

Think you’re mixed up with another. From what I remember the neighbour encouraged her to ring the police and she refused and said she was ok. I don’t know why neighbour didn't ring anyway but i assume we have the benefit of hindsight

i never noticed the accent change. Where is the mum meant to be from?
Ah right.... think we're getting 2 cases mixed up , are you talking about Alice ruggles? I haven't seen one on her , I watched the Alex Rodda one and that's whoes Mum I meant

Ah right.... think we're getting 2 cases mixed up , are you talking about Alice ruggles? I haven't seen one on her , I watched the Alex Rodda one and that's whoes Mum I meant
yes sorry alex rodda. I don’t think I noticed her accent change. I do think he must have been up to quite a bit behind his parents back. I can’t believe the lad who chose to do that’s motive was he didn’t want people to know he was gay. On tiktok theres loads of tiktoks that his friends made about him, think he was a popular lad.

alice ruggles is the one who lived near my grandparents. Thats the one who was being stalked by the ex boyfriend.

Reactions: 1
yes sorry alex rodda. I don’t think I noticed her accent change. I do think he must have been up to quite a bit behind his parents back. I can’t believe the lad who chose to do that’s motive was he didn’t want people to know he was gay. On tiktok theres loads of tiktoks that his friends made about him, think he was a popular lad.

alice ruggles is the one who lived near my grandparents. Thats the one who was being stalked by the ex boyfriend.
Yeah definitely must have been up to more , especially after accepting the money not that I say he deserved to be murdered or that it was his fault

Yeah definitely must have been up to more , especially after accepting the money not that I say he deserved to be murdered or that it was his fault
no defo not his fault but i did get homophobic vibes from the dad

Reactions: 1
I watched it this morning and heard a comment in the programme about how much the call out for the seige cost and read it online last week - at least £85.000 and one of them got 20 months - be out in about 6. Plus the cost of police time elsewhere.

Edit - just read last nights was a 1 off special documentary.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
I watched it this morning and heard a comment in the programme about how much the call out for the seige cost and read it online last week - at least £85.000 and one of them got 20 months - be out in about 6. Plus the cost of police time elsewhere.

Edit - just read last nights was a 1 off special documentary.
It’s a new series. It’s on next Sunday