2024 Celebrity Death Pool #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm a cold, callous, unemotional twit. I don't even react to the deaths of people related to me beyond being sad and brutally practical.

The first one that got me was Jim Henson.

The second was Oliver Postgate when I heard that he did a meet/reading once and all the middleaged people sat on the floor like children to listen to him.

The third was the bleeping Warhorse puppet. Didn't even make it through the first 30 seconds and refused to watch the movie despite knowing it was largely bollocks (Granddad was one of the literal bleeping children out there looking after the horses, not the officers). Then the bastard Mr D switched it on TV and promptly buggered off with the remote control as I had to try and find the off switch round the back of the TV with the poor bleeping horses plodding through the pissing rain and mud with tears streaming down my cheeks and calling Mr D every name under the Sun.

I know, I know, I'm a twit. I'm a twit who thinks Watership Down is the most tender, loving, joyful depiction of death in literature/film and firmly believe it is a happy ending (whilst also being in bits over pets dying/being put to sleep).

And now I've admitted that I had *feelings* over these, if any of you mention it again, I shall just have to kill you.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I'm so sad about Steve Harley I had a crush on him. Annoyingly he was on my list but we crossed him off as he seemed to be doing okay with tours etc. RIP xx

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Chester Bennington was the first celebrity death I cried at & also shed a few tears at Matthew Perry’s death. Friends is my comfort show

Reactions: 1
Sinead O'connor for me. I was surprised I cried as it was, on the surface at least, not unexpected
---
Only the queen or now the king, it’s different in each state in Aus though. I’m in WA and the King’s birthday is celebrated in September
Never knew this.

Reactions: 1
Tina Turner was a sad one for me. Loved her music and her strength. I was very sad when she went.

The one I've been most upset about was Freddie Mercury, 15 year old me had heard the news about his hiv/aids announcement and then I found out he had died after coming home from school

The one I've been most upset about was Freddie Mercury, 15 year old me had heard the news about his hiv/aids announcement and then I found out he had died after coming home from school
Oh that was a shocker too, hard to believe it's been 33 years.

He died the same day as my great gran 😕

What happened?
The third was the bleeping Warhorse puppet.
They snuck that bastard thing on breakfast telly a few weeks back. Couldn’t find the remote in my panic so hid, sobbing and snorting, in the downstairs loo til I was sure it had gone. Needs a trigger warning.

I know, I know, I'm a twit. I'm a twit who thinks Watership Down is the most tender, loving, joyful depiction of death in literature/film and firmly believe it is a happy ending (whilst also being in bits over pets dying/being put to sleep
Yup, fictional animals every time. I had the book of the film of WD as a kid. “Hazel felt that he wouldn’t be needing his body any more, so he left it lying by the hedge and paused for a minute to watch his rabbits” finishes me now ( it has done). That and Charlotte “nobody was with her when she died” ‘s Webb. What sadistic sociopaths make this stuff?

(And Alan Rickman. And Robin Williams. And the dark-haired one from Alias Smith and Jones who topped himself and was my first crush.)

Anyway. Who next?

• Heart
Reactions: 3
[QUOTE="Darvos, post: 18740682, member: 370828"
.And the dark-haired one from Alias Smith and Jones who topped himself and was my first crush.)
[/QUOTE]
I thought you were talking about Alas Smith and Jones and wondered when Gryff Rhys Thomas topped himself.

Current British Royal votes on t'Death Pool 2024:

17 votes King Charles III
15 votes Edward Duke of Kent
8 votes Camilla, queen of the desert
6 votes Harry, the artist formerly known as Prince
1 vote Katharine Duchess of Kent
1 vote Princess Anne
1 vote Prince Andrew
1 vote Prince Edward
1 vote Princess Alexandra (Lady Ogilvy)
1 vote Princess Michael of Kent

(This doesn't include any Bonus Round votes)
Harry, the artist formerly known as Prince really made me laugh Sirry Lance. Excellent work 🥂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Caroline Flack's death really shocked me. So sad that only a few weeks later, she wouldn't have been in the news as Kuch because covid dominated the headlines.
Yea, if only she'd hung on a bit longer, her court case wouldn't have made the headlines at all, it was all about the pandemic. Such a waste of a life.

Sir Pterry Pratchett and Rik Mayall both made me shed a tear at their passing. I have felt very sad about others ( Paul O'Grady for example) but not actually had a little boo. Well I did a bit over Paul but that was more over Buster and Conchita and how much he loved them 🐶❤

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Sir Pterry Pratchett and Rik Mayall both made me shed a tear at their passing. I have felt very sad about others ( Paul O'Grady for example) but not actually had a little boo. Well I did a bit over Paul but that was more over Buster and Conchita and how much he loved them 🐶❤
I still miss Sir Terry 😞

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.