2024 Celebrity Death Pool #5

Should we do another Death Pool next year?

• No! You're sick and disrespectful!

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Yes! It's just a bit of fun!

Votes: 123 96.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Recap:

*Stuff happened

*We placed votes for the St Patrick's Bonus Round (Friday 15th-Sunday 17th March)

*Dick Van Dyke is not dead yet...

And now, on we go...

Reactions: 12
I’m drinking, does that count as celebrating? Haha I’ve just got back from London, twas horrifically heaving

Reactions: 1
Fecking slim pickings everywhere......... 😡😡

tumbleweed-silence.gif

Where are the pine boxes 😃😃😛

Reactions: 1
Just been down a rabbit hole and caught up on all the drama I’d apparently TOTALLY missed. No wonder this thread is quiet. Hope all the usuals are ok 😘

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Last day for the Bonus Round... will any of the nominated celebs die today? Who knows!?

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Nul points.
---
The (at present) four people who said we shouldn't do a Death Pool for 2025 because we're sick and disrespectful; would you care to elaborate further?

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Nul points.
---
The (at present) four people who said we shouldn't do a Death Pool for 2025 because we're sick and disrespectful; would you care to elaborate further?
........ I luv this thread & the frisson when somebody pops off 😃😃😆😛

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Deaths this weekend so far include:

Ernesto Bergamasco, Italian boxer
Steve Harley, British musician
Pinu Khan, Bangladeshi politician
Hennadiy moskal, Ukranian politician
Roger Pfund, Swiss artist
Emmet Staff, Irish Politician
Joe Camp, American film director
Peter Kelly, Scottish actor

Nul points

Reactions: 9
Deaths this weekend so far include:

Ernesto Bergamasco, Italian boxer
Steve Harley, British musician
Pinu Khan, Bangladeshi politician
Hennadiy moskal, Ukranian politician
Roger Pfund, Swiss artist
Emmet Staff, Irish Politician
Joe Camp, American film director
Peter Kelly, Scottish actor

Nul points
Emmett Stagg died?? Aw that’s sad.
He was one of the stalwarts back when (Irish) Labour were worth a damn. From friends in Kildare he was regarded as a decent constituency worker.

I was always happy for the Irish public never fell for his constituency rival (and economic traitor, in my eyes) Charlie McCreevy’s smear campaign. That fucker is top of my 2025 list 🤬

Reactions: 2
Nul points.
---
I was tempted to vote for that, for the laugh. Maybe they couldn’t fight the impulse 😂

There are much worse threads than this one; we're just playing a darkly-humoured game that is basically the same as betting on greyhounds or placing lottery numbers.

Oh well.

For everyone who thinks this thread is sick or disrespectful, even those who have bitched about it in the past (even though I know some of them have a 2024 list of nominated celebs...) I apologise.

👍🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 11
(but did I have my fingers crossed at the time...?)
---
Since everyone is off having a good time on the Lunatics thread or wherever, here are some famous people who died on this day in history:

180AD Marcus Aurelius, as played by Richard Harris
461 Saint Patrick
1853 Christian Doppler, of the Doppler Effect (not a band name... or is it?)
1891 Napolean Bonaparte, or Boney to his friends
1912 Lawrence Oates, British explorer and self-sacrificer
1956 Irene Joilot-Curie, French chemist and physicist, daughter of Marie Curie (the person, not the charity shop)
1961 Susanna Salter, 1st US female mayor
1993 Helen Hayes, actress and 1st female EGOT winner
1995 Ronnie Kray
1997 Jermaine Stewart, American singer (We Don't Have To Take Our Clothes Off...)
1999 Rod Hull, emu botherer
2010 Alex Chilton, singer and guitarist
2016 Paul Daniels, he liked that but not a lot
2023 Lance Reddick, actor

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
I am really sad about the death of Steve Harley. I grew up with 70's music as the soundtrack to my childhood, thanks to my lovely stepdad who is still a rock n roller despite being a pensioner now. He will thump me if he sees me refer to him as that :D

You've done it all
You've broken every code
And pulled the rebel to the floor

• Sad
Reactions: 6