2021 Holidays

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm eyeing up Portugal. I have a week off mid July, just before the kids break for summer and I've a week off in August, which I will have to take my 13 year old, as jts school holiday and I'm not that selfish ... is it selfish for me to be ME , have ME time and get pissed and do duck all for 4 days BY MYSELF . I actually have taken myself off on short European stays for 3 days because I refuse to spend a week off doing nothing . That's what days off are for not a WEEK off so I book things last minute much to the mans disgust . I did invite him on 2 of my short breaks , one to Auschwitz, he didnt want to go..and the second one was Barcelona last minute , literally I decided 3 days before and he had back to back meetings all that week that couldnt be shifted
He literally does not want to go away this year at all , but I'm feeling like I probably might want to . Only spain , very short distance and only for 3 nights.. doing what I want ,when I want, how I want .. as long as my daughter gets her weekend in Brighton she be ok , I am eyeing up the mid July, because the price hikes right up in August

I’ve booked flights (Emirates) to Dubai to stay with my long distance boyfriend on the 17th may...I can change the dates but I’m worried the international travel won’t go ahead, lockdown has been tough and I’ve really missed him
I’m in the same boat, flights to Japan to see my boyfriend booked for later this year but I’m freaked they won’t open the borders by then. I miss him so much. I hope you get to go!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I’m in the same boat, flights to Japan to see my boyfriend booked for later this year but I’m freaked they won’t open the borders by then. I miss him so much. I hope you get to go!
I hope you get to go too!! Keep us updated on what happens ♥♥

• Heart
Had flights & a villa booked for Marbella start of Aug but just been told the owners have had to put it on the market :( so sad

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Is anyone confident that holidays will go ahead this year?

We have an apartment in Krakow booked in September for my sister’s 40th. We can cancel with full refund up to 5 days before so that is fine. We have not booked our flights yet as who knows what’s happening with our governments requirement. Plus, Poland’s cases have been spiralling and they still have the 10 days quarantine requirement in effect. All in all, we’re pretty pessimistic about holidays this year. Gutting as that is.

However, with cases increasing in Europe, US, Turkey, Japan and India as they are... when will “normal” travel return? 😢

I am going to have a couple of UK holidays this year, I usually go abroad around 3 times a year. I need something definite to look forward to, I have a stressful job and worked throughout and am desperate for a break.

Reactions: 6

We have an apartment in Krakow booked in September for my sister’s 40th. We can cancel with full refund up to 5 days before so that is fine. We have not booked our flights yet as who knows what’s happening with our governments requirement. Plus, Poland’s cases have been spiralling and they still have the 10 days quarantine requirement in effect. All in all, we’re pretty pessimistic about holidays this year. Gutting as that is.

However, with cases increasing in Europe, US, Turkey, Japan and India as they are... when will “normal” travel return? 😢
I remember in April 2020 when the first lockdown was in full swing I was thinking 'Oh, looks like I'll have to have September holiday this year'. How very wrong I was LOL. It seems even more undoable than last year at the moment. Most of Europe isn't looking in great shape at the moment however it seems to be the ever changing rules that are the main problem.

Reactions: 2

I live in Turkey and our season will go ahead regardless ☹

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Tbh I’ve given up with going abroad, even if we can go I can cope with the anxiety of testing etc! We’ve booked a staycation I’m really excited 😛

Reactions: 3
I think if come May 17th the rule of a travel ban is stopped holidays will commence. unless companies do what Jet 2 did and just cancel to a certain date.

They’ve already said about cutting the costs on the tests so I personally think they’ll push them to happen as a way of travel agents to get back working.

That’s how I’m taking it anyway. I was preparing to not go, haven’t booked a new holiday this is the second time we’ve had it rescheduled from when we booked in 2019.

We are supposedly getting to Greece mid July. we’re now in mind as it yes it is going to be happening so we’re prepared. If it doesn’t happen I’m not bothered.

People are going crazy at each on social media saying people who fly deserve to die. I find it mental that people can just say that to others.

tbh I don’t know what to make of it. I would presume withplaces like India and Brazil there won’t be any travel allowed but who am I to say what the rules will be or won’t.

We’ve booked a trip to Italy and I will be truly gutted if we can’t go. Both have very stressful/demanding jobs, have worked the whole pandemic, Christmas plans scuppered so didn’t see my family for a year and 3 months so royally fed up with it all now. Tbh, when the time comes we will just book a break anywhere that’s allowed last minute if it’s possible at any point this year. We’ve had covid tests for work so not bothered at all about having those.

Reactions: 7
We’ve booked a trip to Italy and I will be truly gutted if we can’t go. Both have very stressful/demanding jobs, have worked the whole pandemic, Christmas plans scuppered so didn’t see my family for a year and 3 months so royally fed up with it all now. Tbh, when the time comes we will just book a break anywhere that’s allowed last minute if it’s possible at any point this year. We’ve had covid tests for work so not bothered at all about having those.
Ah hope you get to go! Do you get private testing through work? Everything I’ve seen NHS isn’t permitted so have to shell out for private ones

• Heart
Ah hope you get to go! Do you get private testing through work? Everything I’ve seen NHS isn’t permitted so have to shell out for private ones
Thank you! Nope, self employed. The last time we had them done privately it was approx £500 for the two of us to have results in 48 hours 😬 at this point we’ve just accepted we’ll probably have to factor that into the overall cost of the holiday though

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
Thank you! Nope, self employed. The last time we had them done privately it was approx £500 for the two of us to have results in 48 hours 😬 at this point we’ve just accepted we’ll probably have to factor that into the overall cost of the holiday though
If it was just the two of us I would be the same but I’ve kids 😂 , and because we’re working from home I’m confident we wouldn’t have covid before travelling. Can’t be with the kids though they are little buggers and silent spreaders, who aren’t social distanced at school due to their age and knowing my luck we would turn up at the airport and one of them would be positive 😂🥴

If it was just the two of us I would be the same but I’ve kids 😂 , and because we’re working from home I’m confident we wouldn’t have covid before travelling. Can’t be with the kids though they are little buggers and silent spreaders, who aren’t social distanced at school due to their age and knowing my luck we would turn up at the airport and one of them would be positive 😂🥴
It must cost a fortune with kids, it’s not fair really 🙁 that would be a nightmare!

Maybe he means he’s used to sticking them up his nose for regular testing so having one for holidays wouldn’t phase him

Maybe he means he’s used to sticking them up his nose for regular testing so having one for holidays wouldn’t phase him
Oh yeah same here, to get away the idea of it doesn’t phase me at all it’s just the costs x4 and anxiety there’s a positive 😂

Damn the price!