2021 Holidays

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm hoping to return to South Africa next month for a three month stay with my parents. Just waiting for this current lockdown to be lifted December 2nd, and will work on my options

As for the remainder of 2021, hopefully Toronto, Canada for 2 or 3 weeks in late September. But again, who knows?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I’m dreaming of pretty much everywhere but I just don’t feel like there is any point in getting serious about it at this stage. Florida is top of my list!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I booked Lanzarote for August, before Covid19 was considered too much of a problem.
I really hope we can go. We have daily entry to a water park as part of the deal.
We'd just got back from another Canary Island when I booked it. Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine the chaos that was coming to us all!
Kids say they don't want to go abroad the year after, they want caravans or lodges with hot tubs..What?! Are they mine? 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
I booked flights to Florida pre Covid 🙈 for Aug 21, so still hoping we can go 🤞

Was meant to go in a cruise May 21, but have pushed it back to Aug 22

Reactions: 4
Our holiday to Florida was cancelled May 2020. It was supposed to be our last holiday before trying for a family. We paid in vouchers so they won't give us a refund. They are holding the money for a future holiday (right now the expiry to use this is March). We feel in a conundrum at current - do we forget about the money and continue with our plans or wait until we can holiday first. I think we'd both prefer to get on with life but it is a lot of money to just say goodbye to! Therfore, hoping for our holiday in 2021.. we can go anywhere that Virgin Holidays goes but we love Florida so that is our preferred! Nothing booked again yet.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Hoping for a weekend break with my mum to Morocco and 2 weeks all inclusive with my husband. These are the two holidays we nearly booked at the beginning of March, but my husband said let's wait and see what happens with this virus and I am glad we did!

We are also booked on a Guernsey mini cruise (2 nights) in May for a family celebration. Not sure if that will go ahead.

• Heart
Like a few of you, I would ideally like to do Florida but it depends on where we are by November time! (I like to go Oct/Nov ideally) Masks when walking outside would be the deal breaker for me I think, also if Disney World still don’t allow park hopping.

If we decide not to do Florida (it takes a bit of planning so would wanna decide by about May) then I would like to do NYC and maybe a trip to Disneyland Paris but again we shall see where we are mask wise.

If bu April things are looking up I might also look at doing a couple of European long weekends and maybe a weeks all inclusive.

Basically if things are fine as many as I can get my husband to agree to go on using our 5 weeks annual leave 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I will be honest if we didn’t have flights booked I don’t think I would be looking to go to Florida next summer, but I don’t really care about any changes, happy to be out of the house 😂

Reactions: 2
Slightly off-topic, but looking at these posts so far, I never realised Florida was such a popular place!

Have never been, but I wonder what the great appeal is?

Reactions: 8
Slightly off-topic, but looking at these posts so far, I never realised Florida was such a popular place!

I've never been one for a beach holiday. I like lots to do. Having said that, I've only been to Florida twice - once as a child, once as an adult. We don't have children yet but wanted one last time to go on the theme park rides (we only go on tame ones having said that) that we won't be able to once a little one comes along. I can imagine the theme parks are a whole different experience with children.. in good ways and bad!

I’m a big Disney fan, but also a big fan of theme parks, American food and holidays where you don’t have to think at all 😂 so Florida encapsulates all that for me really.

If you stay on site at Disney you really don’t have to think about anything the whole time you’re there as it’s all done and that for me is just a nice break from having a million things in my head. Totally takes you out of it and it’s like being a kid again in that aspect - no responsibilities except having fun. I go back every year just for that feeling tbh 😂

(No kids - I’d imagine with kids it’s different and better in some ways but not others!)

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’m a big Disney fan, but also a big fan of theme parks, American food and holidays where you don’t have to think at all 😂 so Florida encapsulates all that for me really.

If you stay on site at Disney you really don’t have to think about anything the whole time you’re there as it’s all done and that for me is just a nice break from having a million things in my head. Totally takes you out of it and it’s like being a kid again in that aspect - no responsibilities except having fun. I go back every year just for that feeling tbh 😂

(No kids - I’d imagine with kids it’s different and better in some ways but not others!)
Same but haven’t been since we had kids, and I’m desperate to take them!

Same but haven’t been since we had kids, and I’m desperate to take them!
How old are your kids? I want to start a family in the next few years and would wanna take our child if we are lucky enough to have one but I’m not sure when’s the earliest I could really! I was thinking maybe 3? (Purely so I don’t have to deal with not going for too long 😂)

How old are your kids? I want to start a family in the next few years and would wanna take our child if we are lucky enough to have one but I’m not sure when’s the earliest I could really! I was thinking maybe 3? (Purely so I don’t have to deal with not going for too long 😂)
Mine will be 7 and 3. We have done 2 Disney cruises and trips to Disney land Paris since having kids 🙈😂

Just haven’t been able to mentally cope with the long flight until I was satisfied they would watch tablets for 8 hours on the plane 😂😂😂

I'm hoping to return to South Africa next month for a three month stay with my parents. Just waiting for this current lockdown to be lifted December 2nd, and will work on my options

As for the remainder of 2021, hopefully Toronto, Canada for 2 or 3 weeks in late September. But again, who knows?
Same. I've family in SA and I go most years too! I'm also planning on going back to NYC at least twice to see friends who live there.

*fingers crossed we can travel*

• Heart
Have nothing booked for next year but we had to cancel our Thailand/Cambodia trip this year so have vouchers with Qatar.

Hoping to maybe use them next year either for Vietnam or Thailand.

• Heart