2021 Holidays

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We've decided not to book anything this year.I hope those that have a holiday planned get to go and really enjoy it. 😘
Mine was with Jet2 next month and they announced today that they are canceling all hols and flights until June 23rd so that’s me not going away 🙁

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Mine was with Jet2 next month and they announced today that they are canceling all hols and flights until June 23rd so that’s me not going away 🙁
Where were you going? Our tripe to Crete last June got cancelled and we just moved it on 12 months. We are due to go on 11th June, I'll be gutted if it's cancelled. Who knew that when we were in this position last year that a year on we would still be in the same position.

Reactions: 1
Where were you going? Our tripe to Crete last June got cancelled and we just moved it on 12 months. We are due to go on 11th June, I'll be gutted if it's cancelled. Who knew that when we were in this position last year that a year on we would still be in the same position.
Spain. If you’re going with Jet2 it will cancelled in afraid x

We are going to Scotland for our honeymoon in July. Hoping to get to America maybe in September but tbh I’ll probably feel better going next year.

Reactions: 2
We have America booked in September which fingers are crossed for with their high vaccination rates!
also Spain and Germany booked for first week of August -not so sure right now but it is 4 months away still. Can get our money back from hotels and flights so not worrying in that respect!

Reactions: 3
Me too, it's my birthday today - Happy Birthday to me from Jet2 😂 Opened my presents, my sister got me a beautiful beach set to take 😭

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
keeping every crossed for you x
I was mistaken, we were booked with Jet2. Going to take risk and re-book with Tui, which are cheaper than what we paid for the Jet2 ones. I have a feeling I will be disappointed again, but worth a try!

I'm unsure whether I've completely lost my mind or whether being cooped up indoors for a year has really effected me, but I've booked a tour of America for this summer (NYC, Atlanta, Las Vegas, LA, San Fran) because they are apparently on the green list for travel & all states we've picked are high vaccinated, low case rate (atm obv) so I'm remaining positive 😂 the flights were dirt cheap it was almost too good to be true

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I have Lisbon planned for October which I've rescheduled with airbnb 3 three times already :ROFLMAO:, was originally going May 2020, changed it to October 2020 and then May 2021.... now hopefully October 2021. Had jet 2 cancel the flights twice, so I'm now just going to wait and book them again in June time when we have more of an idea of vaccination rates across Europe. (y)

Reactions: 2
Does anyone have an upcoming holiday booked with TUI?

We’re due to go to Cyprus on 19th May. Have no intentions of going. It was for a family wedding which has now been postponed anyway. Don’t want to amend our holiday to next year as the prices have increased and it’s a ridiculous amount to pay. Can’t get a refund as it’s after the current travel ban is supposed to be lifted.

TUI refusing to budge. We have until Monday to either amend or pay off our balance, both at expense to us.

If we choose to cancel we have to pay THEM more money to cover cancellation charges according to their T&C’s.

They’re using the lack of government update as an excuse not to amend their policy at the moment but at the end of the day, it’s them that’s going to lose future custom. So frustrating.

• Wow

We’re due to go to Cyprus on 19th May. Have no intentions of going. It was for a family wedding which has now been postponed anyway. Don’t want to amend our holiday to next year as the prices have increased and it’s a ridiculous amount to pay. Can’t get a refund as it’s after the current travel ban is supposed to be lifted.

TUI refusing to budge. We have until Monday to either amend or pay off our balance, both at expense to us.

If we choose to cancel we have to pay THEM more money to cover cancellation charges according to their T&C’s.

They’re using the lack of government update as an excuse not to amend their policy at the moment but at the end of the day, it’s them that’s going to lose future custom. So frustrating.
I’ve got flight only booked with tui for august 21. Booked before covid so I have no covid protection, and I’m stuck at the moment. They have said if testing is required I could amend my date but only 14 days before departure!

Your safest bet is to pay it off. It will then be cancelled nearer the time and you get a refund or move it.

This is been pretty standard with tui and other holiday companies over the last year.

A friend had a holiday for Egypt last year even though travel from the UK wasn't banned at that point Egypts Borders were shut and it was against foreign office advice to travel there. TUI wouldn't cancel as they said it could still go ahead. She paid in full, 24 hours after paying they cancelled it.

Can anyone see the USA opening up this year? I'm thinking not....
That’s where my flights are for 😂 I don’t know I change my mind on a daily basis. I can’t seem them opening without quarantine to begin with though it would be crazy not too

That’s where my flights are for 😂 I don’t know I change my mind on a daily basis. I can’t seem them opening without quarantine to begin with though it would be crazy not too
I have a holiday booked too. For October. Keeping everything crossed but I just don't know :(

Your safest bet is to pay it off. It will then be cancelled nearer the time and you get a refund or move it.

This is been pretty standard with tui and other holiday companies over the last year.

A friend had a holiday for Egypt last year even though travel from the UK wasn't banned at that point Egypts Borders were shut and it was against foreign office advice to travel there. TUI wouldn't cancel as they said it could still go ahead. She paid in full, 24 hours after paying they cancelled it.
It’s a bit risky though. If it can’t be cancelled for whatever reason then they have another £2k of our money and we’d have to amend the holiday.

If I knew for certain it’d be cancelled then I’d do that but sod’s law it won’t happen that way 😬

It’s so frustrating, they have us backed into a corner.

I’ve got flight only booked with tui for august 21. Booked before covid so I have no covid protection, and I’m stuck at the moment. They have said if testing is required I could amend my date but only 14 days before departure!
Yeah, it doesn’t give much time to change plans does it? I still have no idea what to do and I highly doubt there’ll be an announcement by the end of the week. Had hoped there’d be one on 12th!

I’ve booked flights (Emirates) to Dubai to stay with my long distance boyfriend on the 17th may...I can change the dates but I’m worried the international travel won’t go ahead, lockdown has been tough and I’ve really missed him