Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

sushimama

Chatty Member
I have extremely optimistic plans for this year haha.

I spent 10 days in Rome last month which was amazing and we're planning a trip to Amalfi coast in May (or as soon as Campania opens up again).

For my 30th in june we'll be sailing in Croatia, already have that booked and I'm pretty sure there won't be problems with that, then I NEEEEED to go to London as soon as it will be possible (2020 was the first year after more than 10 years when I didn't go and it broke my heart because it's my favourite place in the world), so hopefully this will happen this summer.

And I also hope we'll be able to go to Japan this year - we had to cancel it last march so if things get a little bit better we're planning that for september.

🤞🤞🤞

Reporting back from our trip to Amalfi coast - I still can't believe how lucky we were. Bought plane tickets back in March, hoping things will get better in a couple of months and we got it right - Italy opened for tourists on May 15th and we were flying on May 19th haha. Towns were completely empty and we were one of the first tourist everywhere we went, locals were so kind and happy and helpful. Capri however was packed, it's hard to imagine there would be even more people during the high season.

And the best part - on our last night in Praiano my boyfriend of 14 years proposed!🙈🥳 I think this trip was really meant to happen and it was the one to remember. 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 15

sushimama

Chatty Member
I can’t believe I’m really flying to London tomorrow 🥺 it’s been two years! Have my test ready, day 2 test booked, I’m checked in and now I wait. 😁 Already called my ex housemates and booked some exhibitions, I also have appointment at Grace Loves Lace, gonna be trying wedding dresses for the first time! 😻 Honestly I’m so excited I probably won’t be able to sleep tonight, I feel like I’m in love, I have butterflies and can’t eat and can’t sleep 😂 Had an amazing summer but this will be the highlight I think! 💖

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Brianbadonde

So our Covid holiday to Crete was a roaring success, we are back tanned, relaxed and happy. Apart from the added bit of admin to go and come back it was absolutely wonderful! (Tests and plf checked Greece side to come home but no checks at all getting back into England) Hotel we stayed at had a mask and glove policy in the buffet restaurants and I’d paid extra for a private shared pool so we had allocated sun beds. To be honest I felt a million times safer over there than here.. for anyone worried don’t be ☺ Can’t see that they’ll put such popular holiday hotspots like Spain and Greece on the red list as there simply wouldn’t be enough quarantine hotels to put everyone in that are currently abroad.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Mulholland Drive

VIP Member
I'm hoping to return to South Africa next month for a three month stay with my parents. Just waiting for this current lockdown to be lifted December 2nd, and will work on my options

As for the remainder of 2021, hopefully Toronto, Canada for 2 or 3 weeks in late September. But again, who knows?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10

eSsExBiRd

VIP Member
Europe is gearing up to enjoy freedom of movement and travel, unrestricted if fully vaccinated whilst here in the UK we are still treated like kids by our government. Only 1.5% of holiday makers from Portugal tested positive yet we put it back in Amber meaning only those who have time and money can go away.

The travel industry is being sabotaged by our government, yesterday Stobart Air called in liquidaters so more jobs lost, disgusting 😡Yet Lufthansa is using 747’s to meet demand. Families have been part for too long now.

We’ve been conditioned to fear movement and travel (even I was in the beginning) way I don’t know. Given most countries are now getting back to normality there is no great reset. We can’t keep going on like this, we can’t stop every time there is a new variant and we can’t let an industry that so many rely on to live fall on its knees 😡

Last edited:
Reactions: 10

dotty.doodlexx

I flew out to Portugal on the 19th May and returned on the 31st. I have to say, I felt safer at the airport/on the plane and in Portugal than I do going to the supermarket at home in the UK.

Everyone was distanced in the airport, I didn’t come into contact with anyone on the plane due to no standing in the aisles or queuing for the toilets and Portugal was handling Covid amazingly. It massively helped that we stayed in a villa, so only really wore masks when going into shops, but for those nearly 2 weeks, my life felt normal and it was amazing!!

I would travel again in a heartbeat but unfortunately due to my partners job, we can’t do the quarantine.

• Heart
Reactions: 9

dotty.doodlexx

Hi all, due to go to lanzarote in November and really looking forward to it but honestly the main thing worrying me is the seatbelts on the flight. We are flying with Ryanair and I know Iv put on quite a bit of weight since I last flew especially since covid .. I am convinced the seatbelt won’t fit me. I’d be about a size 18/20 now when before I would have been 16. It’s really worrying me to the point I want to cancel the holiday
Do not let this stop you from going on your holiday ❤ I work as cabin crew and believe me there are people way bigger than a size 18-20 that can get the seatbelt on. Even if you have to ask for an extension, you won’t be alone, I get asked on most flights for an extension. No one will bat an eyelid if you do have to have one, chances are no one else will even notice. Whenever I get asked I always try to be super discrete so hopefully if you do have to ask one, the crew will be the same with you. X

• Heart
Reactions: 8

Mulholland Drive

VIP Member
Slightly off-topic, but looking at these posts so far, I never realised Florida was such a popular place!

Have never been, but I wonder what the great appeal is?

bookworm1403

I'm unsure whether I've completely lost my mind or whether being cooped up indoors for a year has really effected me, but I've booked a tour of America for this summer (NYC, Atlanta, Las Vegas, LA, San Fran) because they are apparently on the green list for travel & all states we've picked are high vaccinated, low case rate (atm obv) so I'm remaining positive 😂 the flights were dirt cheap it was almost too good to be true

• Heart

NomDeGuerre

VIP Member
All being well we fly to Greece on Friday.

I've been sensible this week and worked from home / avoided any unnecessary contact so fingers crossed have dodged anything nasty.

I'm now in the frantic, 'checking weather for resort every five mins' stage of pre-holiday prep. I don't why I trust long-range weather forecasting; they always predict tornados and freak blizzards and it's much nicer than they say, every time!

bookworm1403

The only thing that keeps me going is the (albeit small) chance I'll leave the country this year. I had five holidays booked (not a brag - single, no children definitely helps haha!) last year and all were cancelled. Only one booked for June so far for 2021, but we've agreed that if needs be we'll pay to have the test and get out there. Only thing that would cancel it is if we needed to isolate on our return. Hoping by that time we'll have air corridors, or the R rate will be down due to mass vaccinations. I can't write this year off yet, honestly I refuse to 😂 😂

• Heart

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
We’ve booked a trip to Italy and I will be truly gutted if we can’t go. Both have very stressful/demanding jobs, have worked the whole pandemic, Christmas plans scuppered so didn’t see my family for a year and 3 months so royally fed up with it all now. Tbh, when the time comes we will just book a break anywhere that’s allowed last minute if it’s possible at any point this year. We’ve had covid tests for work so not bothered at all about having those.

Reactions: 7

Tublet83

VIP Member
I would rather stay at home than camp 😂

Too much like hard work, no sleep and people near me 😅

Ruby’s mum

VIP Member
Have just booked for Barbados in June. More my husbands idea of holiday than mine (he likes lounging around with a drink in his hand, I like activities and sightseeing) but he was so ill with Covid earlier this year I promised him two weeks complete relaxation once we felt able to travel. Just hoping the world is in a better place by June 🤞

Kezza_69

VIP Member
I am currently on holiday in Cyprus
Both of us double jabbed
Flight from Heathrow was a much speedier check in, despite being advised to allow longer . .
Had to show flight pass on arriving at Larnaca airport.

Most places are open but not as busy as you'd expect.

Moving freely about
Masks needed in shops
"Some" restaurants ask for your safe pass but barely glance at it tbh. .

We will test 72 hrs before returning home and have a test booked for 2 days after landing.

Im glad we jumped hoops and ticked boxes to get away . . The sunshine is a great pick me up and the Cypriots are more than grateful to have us

• Heart

Brianbadonde

Currently in Greece (Crete) having an awesome time. As long as you’re prepared with remembering everything you need to sort to go and then come home it’s all good.. absolutely no regrets here ☀☀

• Heart