2021 Holidays

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We've got Greece booked for October which was rolled over from last year - let's see what happens with that. Its a resort we are going to who seemingly do a brilliant job with testing so they had no +ve cases last year.

We have two staycations booked too which I can't wait for.

Reactions: 1
Do you reckon it’s safe to book the Philippines for 2023? 😂 also a problem I have is that I want to solo travel as it’s something I just want to do alone but I know my friend will want to come, do I just book it and not say anything?

Does anyone know anything about the traffic light system they’re implementing and when? I’m trying not to get anxious but I booked my flights and really want to go ☹

Does anyone know anything about the traffic light system they’re implementing and when? I’m trying not to get anxious but I booked my flights and really want to go ☹
Simon Calder was taking about the traffic light system this morning, you might be able to view it on catch-up. I only had it in as background noise so didn’t take in what he was saying.

Have booked a hot tub lodge for October. At the moment my husband is waiting on surgery and it’s not likely we’ll get away in the summer.

A group of cross party MPs are calling for the government to “discourage foreign travel”

What Is everyone’s thoughts on this? I’ll admit, this frustrates me. I am concerned about the state of other countries and it is a major worry. However, allowing foreign travel to resume then suggesting people don’t go is MENTAL. Plus, airlines and travel companies will argue that technically the holiday is going ahead. And people will lose out on money.

Do you reckon it’s safe to book the Philippines for 2023? 😂 also a problem I have is that I want to solo travel as it’s something I just want to do alone but I know my friend will want to come, do I just book it and not say anything?
Book it and when saying you have it booked, be all excited about your solo travel! Make it clear 😅

Book it and when saying you have it booked, be all excited about your solo travel! Make it clear 😅
It’s not even truly solo really, I want to do a group tour and then a week solo at the end. I don’t even think my friend will even be able to do the tour due to health issues there’s activities I don’t think she’d be able to do. My mum said to just book it and don’t mention it 😂
The only thing putting me off booking is that I booked to go away in September last year and the company went bust in August. I put in a claim in September and I still haven’t got a final reply. I’ve gone through the bank, ABTA and the financial ombudsman and got told I’ll get a final response tomorrow and now the bank are saying it’ll be more weeks 😭🙄

I’m honestly not bothered. I just want a refund if I can’t go.

I hate this where the gov puts responsibility on the people like they discourage travel but are allowing it therefore people who cancel can’t get a refund

Reactions: 2
Weve booked center parcs for September. Both of us have got a week off in August, we will both be vaccinated (obs kids wont) so we hoping to get a week away then. Probably book it last minute due to the traffic light system, dont want to have to isolate for 10 days when we are back due to waisting annual leave.

Simon Calder was taking about the traffic light system this morning, you might be able to view it on catch-up. I only had it in as background noise so didn’t take in what he was saying.
thank you very much! I’ll have a look to see if I can find it x

naomijaneadams just put up eve thing on her stories about the travel list and predictions
Not all her information is correct! Green list country doesn’t need 2 x PCR tests when you arrive back, it’s just one! You need one flying out, and one back but she’s typed it as you need 2 x tests once home x

We are due to go to Malta 11th June, who knows!! Waaahhh! Haha

naomijaneadams just put up eve thing on her stories about the travel list and predictions
I saw that she thinks UAE will be red list 😫

the UAE currently has a fantastic vaccination programme and their infection rates have reduced heavily. The only thing that makes me think it’ll be red list is because of all the influencers who will fly over immediately/Dubai is a huge travel hub to other countries. Even though they are not doing flights to India right now

I accepted earlier on this year that I would be holidaying in the country again this year. Loads to see and do here if I can get some sort of decent weather 😅🤞

Just for those wanting to travel to Turkey, no PCR test will be required from us as of May 15th 🤍

I’m staying in the U.K. Too many what ifs, some countries vaccinations rates are slow, to test or not to test/ quarantine which all seems to change weekly. I’d feel safer if everyone had to test both ways but I’d imagine some countries will need the tourism. I don’t want to be wearing masks outside either. I don’t mind inside but in a hot country on a relaxing holiday nahhhh.
I’m fully vaccinated now thanks to work (NHS) and raring for a break, we are in the lakes end of May. Maybe. A couple of days somewhere in July and Scotland in September.

Reactions: 3
I’ve just booked two trips to Portugal for later on in the summer and feeling confident they’ll happen with the EU green pass being a thing by then 😊