2021 Holidays

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m supposed to be travelling to Vegas in September and kind of feeling cautious about booking flights again. I’d booked for last year and it took 6 months to get a refund. I’m hoping there’s more information soon- I’m in the category that’s likely to be last for vaccines, talk to the vaccine passports plus a traffic light system that can possibly change on a whim, it just makes it all so stressful.

My only hope for a holiday is last minute snap deals where there's not a lot of time between booking and travel. Wouldn't book anything even 2 months in advance at the moment.

Reactions: 4
We've booked 3 staycations this year for May Jun and September. Can't believe how expensive they are!

Reactions: 1
Not all her information is correct! Green list country doesn’t need 2 x PCR tests when you arrive back, it’s just one! You need one flying out, and one back but she’s typed it as you need 2 x tests once home x

We are due to go to Malta 11th June, who knows!! Waaahhh! Haha
Is that from Naomi Jane Adams what do you think about her predictions?

It’s the isolation periods that put me off going, I had holidays booked that have been cancelled - I was supposed to be going away in august but if you have to isolate when you return it’s impossible for me to do so I probably won’t be going anywhere.

Not all her information is correct! Green list country doesn’t need 2 x PCR tests when you arrive back, it’s just one! You need one flying out, and one back but she’s typed it as you need 2 x tests once home x

We are due to go to Malta 11th June, who knows!! Waaahhh! Haha
I think she did correct this. You need 1 PCR test to get on your plane back to the UK, and then another on or before day 2 of your arrival in the UK. So 2 tests to get home.

I don't like going abroad much, as I am scared of flying, so I've always mostly visited places in the UK. This year, I want to go to all of the little quaint villages in Buckinghamshire.

Reactions: 2
I think she did correct this. You need 1 PCR test to get on your plane back to the UK, and then another on or before day 2 of your arrival in the UK. So 2 tests to get home.
What confuses me is it says pre departure test for coming home then a pcr test? Not 2 pcr? So confused lol

I think the list will be released Friday morning since the elections are on Thursday 😭

is anyone else really nervous for some reason? 😂

I'm a bridesmaid in Greece this August I haven't booked it yet. I really think it'll be 50/50 chance of going. What's everyone think?

Another potential green list
Unfortunately lists are bullshit. I think they're trying to erase the memory of last year when people were abroad and the isolation rules suddenly changed so there was a mad rush back. Thousands got fucked from the government changing their minds on a whim. This traffic light system will be the same if not worse

Reactions: 3
So far: Turkey, Maldives and Nepal added to the red list

Spain, France and Greece will not be on the green list

Green list includes Portugal, Gibraltar and Israel

Haha some of the countries on the green list have their borders closed until at least next year 😂😂

• Sad
Reactions: 6