Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Pumpkinpie0991

VIP Member
This may sound like a stupid question but will one can of Diet Coke a day derail my progress 🤦🏽‍♀️
Not in the sense of the Coke calories. My issue is personally it sets me off wanting something sweet or even savoury. I think that’s why they try and tell you not to have one. For if it then makes your tastebuds and brain think and want something other than your products. Hope this makes sense.

tbh tho Myself trying now to get back on it I am having Coke zero or a Pepsi max. In hopes it doesn’t make me want toeat crap. I’ve pigged over mid Dec to new year so I’m trying to throw myself in the deep end doing step 2.

obviously just make sure your not drinking all that pop in stead of water. I always like to balance out say 500ml of diet side by drinking around 750ml of water.
Everyone is different so just try and find your own balance x

Reactions: 3

Hushpuppy

VIP Member
I don’t do the savoury meals either. Just shakes, bars and smoothies.

I lost 4lbs so that’s 41lbs and 1lb off my Christmas target. 👏🏻
That's amazing well done. Today is the last day of my 4th week and so far I have lost 13.6lbs. I want to ideally lose another 3 stone, so I've a kong way to go yet but I'm heading in the right direction!

• Heart

Pumpkinpie0991

VIP Member
Thank you. Totally get where you’re coming from. I’m drinking around 3litres of water a day but sometimes I just feel so tired & like the feeling a Diet Coke gives me 😂.
It’s a life saver when you feel like that. Tbh I have around 3 cans when At work Cos I feel like a slugging around half way in shift.

Countrybumpkingirl

Chatty Member
Can someone tell my roughly how much 1:1 plan is? Is it filling enough? I’m desperate to shift 4 stone 😬 Seriously considering having a go.
I'm doing exante which is pretty much the same without having your own consultant but a good fb community page and I think it works out a third of the price. Could can get 100 products for £99 which depending on the plan (800 which is 3 or 4 products and/or 1 x 200 cal meal or 1200 which is similar but either 2 meals or 1 400 cal meal)

Pumpkinpie0991

VIP Member
My first week done and I’m half a stone loss. I have finally come to the realisation how I’m eating for the sake of it. Wanting food all the time And not actually hungry

Anyone else like this? How do I get over this constant need to feed myself. It’s how I know I’ll bugger up.

• Heart

mrsLd2

Yay that's brilliant.... it is hard in the cold weather to drink loads.....

I'm doing OK - weigh day tomorrow..... hoping for another decent loss as been really good this week and not picked at the naughty stuff...... I've got 9lbs to be in the next stone down bracket and13lbs for 3 stone total loss I'd be happy with either by Christmas Eve :)
Ooh so we’re similar - I’ve 5lbs to go until my three stone by Xmas target 👏🏻

Argh I keep messing up! 😠 angry at myself.
I do well but then it’s late at night I end up picking.
going to try and literally get myself into hibernation, bed extremely early from tomorrow onwards.
All the wrong foods too sugar fiend is me 😩
In my first few weeks I used to come to bed at 8pm!! Just to stop the cravings.

My first day was Friday but I’ll need to go and get weighed Thursday night otherwise I’ll have no product for Friday.

I don’t like evening weighs.. I always think I’m going to be heavier.

So tempted to pop on the scales tomorrow night and see what it’s like!
Haha do it. Don’t worry about first week evening weigh in as it should be a good loss regardless

Dontmissmuch

VIP Member
I was going great guns and had lost just under 4 stone then had to have surgery so had to come off plan for 3/4 months.... have managed to gain a couple stone back and feel rubbish but have lots of products to re-start back after Christmas and not undo all my hard work..... :)

Last edited:
So, been reading about Exante and Cambridge (I did sign up once before but I don’t really like being weighed each week and “being accountable” like that just doesn’t work for me. I think it’s cos I am embarrassed to be on a special diet etc and therefore try to hide the fact) ..... anyway.... realised that I have 2 packs of Purition that I really like and used to have for breakfast .... been reading about them and they are also suitable as meal replacement alternative. So, have started today, going to have those for 2 meals a day with alpro almond milk or coconut as are lower in cals and see how i get on. I quite like being able to input into nutracheck calorie tracker what I’m having the day before it makes me feel organised and somehow looking at the calories before I start and pick at the biscuits I find does work for me. Also we’ve been using Hello Fresh meals for a few weeks now 3 times a week and I’ve been making sure we go for lower calorie options (some of them are quite high !). Wish me luck and thanks for the inspiration!!! I really want to shift 4 stone. Meal planning and prepping just stresses me out plus I end up spending a fortune somehow on internet food shopping (I’m dreadful with £, just falls out of my bank account!) so I’m trying to just get onto some kind of autopilot for a few months.

mrsLd2

That's fantastic in your first month...... you can do it.... I have lost just over 2stone - would like 3 for Christmas but that's 10/11lbs so got to really push it ! I will still have 5 stone to lose after Christmas !! But I'm determined to get there.... already feeling much better...

Have a great weekend everyone :)
I’ve got another 3-4 stone to lose after Christmas too! Seems huge but just hope I can continue at this rate but I’m sure it’ll slow down soon. 😬

• Heart

mrsLd2

Ah ok, think I’ll definitely switch to that after I’ve got to 4 stone off maybe.
Weighed today. Another 4lb off - 36lbs now

• Heart

mrsLd2

haha I find some days I do pee more than others.... I'm 6 weeks in now and it's not quite so bad.. try and space it out.... so about 1 pint every hour/hour & half...... I aim for minimum 3L maximum 4L per day....... drink the first two pints before breakfast and have it quite hot.... goes down a bit quicker that way too ... :)
I need to drink more. I’m only having a litre a day.
I’ve just had a smoothie for breakfast, peanut crunch bar for lunch and chocolate shake for dinner.
Feeling soooo cold today. Wish I liked fruit teas as I’m missing the hot drinks after the cold dog walks.
Moved into a new stone bracket today so feel motivated today. 8lbs to go until my “three stone by Christmas target” (another 3 to go after that!)

Last edited:
  • Heart

Yoghurtpots

VIP Member
You will probably lose 1 stone in 6 weeks after rehydration. The first 4-5lbs in the first week you unfortunately usually gain back and its water weight that is stored in your carbs deposit. You lose it then gain it back in a day when you finish. I ended the diet at 8.7 but rehydrated at 8.11. That is something to be mindful of x my average loss was 1.5-2lb (after the first week) per week.. it certainly isn't RAPID weight loss for a normal person but at 5foot 3.. 2lb per week is amazing!
Its great that you haven't been hungry. By day 5 hunger completely goes.. its strange! Yeah I'm not a fan of sweeteners either🤢 I only do shakes and bars though.. not a fan of the meals.
One thing to note is that when in ketosis I start to smell like cat wee! Its disgusting! Really horrible smell! Really trying to avoid doing this diet in the summer again!😷

I did it back in 2010/11 and lost a lot of weight. I was absolute desperate. Nothing else was working.

I think they've changed all the names now but I wasn't allowed to do Sole Source (the complete meal replacement) for medical reasons. I did the 810 calorie step which was three meal replacements and a small small of protein and salad. I didn't go into ketosis. I did porridge in the morning, shake or soup for lunch and a bar at night. If cravings got too much, I'd have a coffee with lots of sweeteners. Diet Coke was a real treat - maybe one can a week.

Because of the medical issues and medication, which not only causes gain weight but also makes it hard to lose, my weight loss still took 18 months. I stuck to it pretty much rigidly - I still had meals out, weekends away occasionally but I would plan beforehand what I would eat and stuck to it. Then got straight back on plan. I had Christmas Day off but was back on it Boxing Day. That nearly killed me.

But I was very, very determined so found it pretty easy most of the time to be honest. You just learn to live with the hunger! 😂
Wow I bet that was so disheartening! How amazing that you stuck at it for 18 months!!! Well done! Did you manage to keep the weight off?

AutumnSpring

What step did you do ?
Im crap with the official names sorry haha. I did the one with sole source, 3x products a day and that was it. I found I didn’t even want my 3rd product my the end of the day so towards week 4 I started having 1 product for lunch and then having the M&S (balanced for you) ready meals that are about 400 cals and similar to Cambridge they have the correct amount of protein, carbs etc whereas the “diet” ready meals are just low calorie and full of salt. I still lost the same amount by doing this and I felt better for eating “proper” food if an evening. I guess no matter what diet you do, it’s calorie based so having 600 a day you are sure to lose weight. Although on Cambridge I honestly never felt better (im prone to a dodgy tummy & lightheaded etc) x

Anyone done it or currently on it? I want to lose 2 stone and as much as I eat healthily I just needed some discipline to get me started. I’be just finished day 2. Any tips etc?

mrsLd2

Thanks. Yes I do have the shakes warm but they don’t last long. I only like tea with sugar so definitely going to avoid. I often drink warm/hot water but just need to up the quantity.
Must try harder.

I hate all the meals. Literally gag eating them which is so weird as I’m not a fussy eater at all. So just sticking to the shakes, bars and smoothies as I like those so it’s not a chore.
Today I had:
blackcurrent and apple smoothie
Salted caramel bites
Vanilla shake for evening meal.

Countrybumpkingirl

Chatty Member
I’m on week 3...

Does anyone ever have a cheat meal?
Really missing food today!
So I'm on exante so pretty much the same, I have a treat (a lot of trainers say don't say cheat as otherwise you give yourself an unhealthy mindset) usually on a Saturday morning. So I have a couple of small treats like mini bags of sweets (the 3 for £1 type) and I still keep my calories for the day low ish (like under 1200). Stops me binging or craving everything.
In 3 weeks I have lost 14 inches overall on my body

mrsLd2

Thanks. I did order a two litre bottle on Amazon and when it arrived I realised I’d ordered the wrong one and it’s 5litres 😂🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
I think I’m going to start again soon, just need to get all the cheese and wine gone and hope my brain will focus. Good luck everyone ❤

£60 a week for 24 products.
basically 2.50 a product from my consultant
I pay £53 for a week which is 3 packs per day and I also have a 200 calorie meal of 'real' food.... I think prices depend slightly on consultants and what they charge as some charge different prices for bars/packs..... mine charges same for all of them. My consultant is very good and messages throughout the week with tips/advice and general support... she's been doing it a long time. I go and get weighed once a week and have a 1-2-1 chat with her.... it's not an easy diet and you do have to be 100% committed..... but if you still to it then the weight comes of quickly. Best thing to do is go to their website and read up on it.... I've done Lighterlife in the past and also Slim & Save but I know I need to change my relationship with food..... ie ... weekend = treats and try and stop rewarding myself with food.... it's took me a long time to get to this place but I am feeling committed now and have lost almost 2 stone in 10 weeks....... the secret is lots of water.... I chose this one as I actually like most of the flavours of products and seeing a consultant to get weighed keeps me accountable as I do lack self-discipline ☺
I'm doing exante which is pretty much the same without having your own consultant but a good fb community page and I think it works out a third of the price. Could can get 100 products for £99 which depending on the plan (800 which is 3 or 4 products and/or 1 x 200 cal meal or 1200 which is similar but either 2 meals or 1 400 cal meal)
Thank you all so much. 👍

I think have chosen this because I feel a weigh in with a consultant puts pressure on me. Which I need. Your old weight loss is pretty much where I am. I’m 10stone 10 and would like to be around 9 stone again.
currently I’m struggling to eat all 3 meals a day as they are swelling in my stomach.
good luck with it too!