Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ATV2021

VIP Member
Just for anyone disheartened.... this is 1lb of fat. Always remember WHY you're doing this - what's your reason? Set smaller goals, then move the posts. Allow yourself "mistakes", you're human and its life! Keep that positive mindset and keep going.

Attachments

Reactions: 4

GossBoss

VIP Member
I'm on week 3 now, on track since Jan 1st and lost 12.5lb in 1st two weigh ins. Hopefully passing the 1st stone off milestone on Saturday weigh in.

I miss food but it's been easier this week. I haven't been hungry in the slightest, just had that *wanting* feeling and realised that previously I was really using food and drink as an emotional comfort when I was lonely, or bored, or stressed.
Have struggled a bit with some strong emotions the 1st couple of weeks but I've powered through as I want to lose the weight more than I want to eat

• Heart

TillyMiffin

Chatty Member
Anyone done it or currently on it? I want to lose 2 stone and as much as I eat healthily I just needed some discipline to get me started. I’be just finished day 2. Any tips etc?
I’m in it (for the third time in 8 years 😫) first time I lost 5st in 4 months, second time 6 stone in 6 months. Just lost 10lb in first week. The fact I yo-yo is totally my fault, not the diet at all c

• Heart

Pumpkinpie0991

VIP Member
Is anyone in the private group before and after pics on Facebook. I’m really surprised a post has been allowed to be shared. I’m not usually a shocked person but knowing that there are people out there struggling and suffering with bulimia and purging I’m just shocked this was allowed to be shared since it’s a thing that people suffering with what I stated do. Eating disorder sign. I don’t think the woman meant it as any way to this but it’s just not what I would have thought they’d want to have on their Page with CWP being a VLCD anyway. It actually reminded me an episode of sex and the city where Miranda’s friend chews the steak but spits it out literally because he has an eating disorder. 🤔

Attachments

• Wow

GossBoss

VIP Member
So I’m going to do exante diet in the new year and I just wondered how many weeks to into the diet do you actually lose weight? I know you lose it each week but I’ve heard the first few weeks are mainly water?
It's only really the 1st week that you generally have a big loss which is alot of water but you can still lose approx a stone a month on a full mrp. I lost 7.5stone in 7months some years back so it definitely works. Good luck 👍

Reactions: 3

Curtains

Hiya how are you doing? I hope you’re getting on ok since you last checked in!
Hello, thanks for asking. Yes got through first week, only ordered the savoury products for this week, plus a couple of the smoothies which are quite nice. 9lbs off so far. Hunger is lessening. Consultant says I can exercise as soon as I want to go up to step 3 but, I will stay where I am until a large chunk of weight is off!

ATV2021

VIP Member
Thanks for your support - I’m finding it hard (mentally). I think the trick will be finding products I like. Stupidly just weighed myself and my weight hasn’t changed since Friday… 😅
Yeah my biggest advice is don't weigh yourself in between. We all fluctuate throughout every day. Just keep telling yourself you can do this and remember the goal. It's a marathon this WL game and its all worth it ❤

• Heart

AutumnSpring

I stopped maybe 5 weeks ago after losing 2 stone in total. Eaten completely normal food since (which for me is five guys and oreos for breakfast 😂😂😂) gained 2lbs back. Planning to start again next week as I have nearly 4 weeks of products left where I was only having x2 products a day. 2 more stone to go but I just needed a little break and feel better doing it this way.

GossBoss

VIP Member
I started today! It feels so weird not eating food 😂 I mean..I’m saving a lot of time not cooking haha.

what are your guys favourite shake flavours? I quite like the peanut crispy bars 🥰
choc mint is my favourite but I never have mine as a shake, I always have it in a bowl with much less water, like a mousse. And I have it as a *dessert* after my tea. I'm on step 2 now so allowed a little food but don't always, some days I just have products. I'm on week 6 weigh in on Saturday, currently 1.5stone down 🙌

Pumpkinpie0991

VIP Member
I’m mentally ready to start now as well

i am definitely eating at the moment for the sake of it. I’m fed up. Literally. So swollen and painful being so obese and tired all the time.

But once Xmas is done with I’m ready to start new year. Not going to do any targets on myself though so I’ll feel less pressure.

• Heart

Be More Pacific

VIP Member
I did it back in 2010/11 and lost a lot of weight. I was absolute desperate. Nothing else was working.

I think they've changed all the names now but I wasn't allowed to do Sole Source (the complete meal replacement) for medical reasons. I did the 810 calorie step which was three meal replacements and a small small of protein and salad. I didn't go into ketosis. I did porridge in the morning, shake or soup for lunch and a bar at night. If cravings got too much, I'd have a coffee with lots of sweeteners. Diet Coke was a real treat - maybe one can a week.

Because of the medical issues and medication, which not only causes gain weight but also makes it hard to lose, my weight loss still took 18 months. I stuck to it pretty much rigidly - I still had meals out, weekends away occasionally but I would plan beforehand what I would eat and stuck to it. Then got straight back on plan. I had Christmas Day off but was back on it Boxing Day. That nearly killed me.

But I was very, very determined so found it pretty easy most of the time to be honest. You just learn to live with the hunger! 😂

ATV2021

VIP Member
I’ve put my first 2 week order in and I start the plan on Monday 22nd May (I’m away next week) I thought there was lots of choice of products so have ordered lots of different things to try sweet and savoury! I don’t doubt that I probably won’t like them all but don’t know till I try right?!
And everyone is SO different. I personally dislike all of the savoury things (remember they will never taste like the "real thing" either) but love the sweets and some others are reverse to me. You'll find your favs quickly lol good luck

(Remember the lower steps are just a step, not forever) x

GossBoss

VIP Member
Hi all! I have come for a nosy because @swimming recommended it over on my desperate post regarding weight loss surgery!

I have never heard of this plan before - can someone explain it to me in simple terms?! xxx
I've actually signed up with a Consultant I follow on Insta. I follow her personal account too but just knew she was the one for me. She's an absolutely lovely lady, is supportive, inspiring, positive and just all round brilliant.
I only messaged her on Sunday and already I've had my 1st month supply delivered, signed all the forms, had a phone consultation and all set to go 1st Jan.❤

Be More Pacific

VIP Member
Mindset is a HUGE part of it. You have to really, really want it and stick to it. I didn't find it hard because I was so determined. I'm a very all or nothing kind of person. A supportive consultant is a must as well.

It's not the kind of plan that you can flit in and out of when you fancy a takeaway or glass of wine or whatever in my opinion. Yes, I had a little time off plan (I was on it for eighteen months) but I was always very mindful about what I was going to eat and drink and stuck to it. And then got straight back on plan. I did step 2 the whole way which, back then, was 810 calories a day (three products and a small meal of protein/salad/veg)

Personally, I don't think it's for people who want to lose a couple of stone quickly - you can eat healthily and/or exercise to achieve that. For me, it was a last chance saloon type deal. Nothing else had worked and I had a lot to lose. The other thing I will say is you can only really do this diet once. I tried again a couple of times, with different consultants, and it was never the same.

As for the products, I found a few favourites and stuck to them. The apple & cinnamon porridge, coffee powder shake, the golden vegetable soup and pretty much all the bars. They have introduced a lot of new products since my time though.

ATV2021

VIP Member
Anyone still doing this? Failed at step 2 but did actually enjoy most of the products so going to give step 4 a go, hopefully might be able to stick to that step more!
Yep. On the maintenance step, have been since March. Still maintaining my weight and enjoying food (syn and guilt free!)

• Heart

Dontmissmuch

VIP Member
That's amazing well done. Today is the last day of my 4th week and so far I have lost 13.6lbs. I want to ideally lose another 3 stone, so I've a kong way to go yet but I'm heading in the right direction!
That's fantastic in your first month...... you can do it.... I have lost just over 2stone - would like 3 for Christmas but that's 10/11lbs so got to really push it ! I will still have 5 stone to lose after Christmas !! But I'm determined to get there.... already feeling much better...

Have a great weekend everyone :)

Dontmissmuch

VIP Member
Hi all,
I’m 7 weeks in and I’ve lost 30lbs. I’m hoping to get another 12lbs off by Christmas. Then I’ll be half way to my goal.
I’m on sole source and find it easy apart from the weekends. It doesn’t help that I’m bored in lockdown on a weekend. Too much thinking time!
That's fantastic WELL DONE !!! I'm on Step 2 and have lost almost 2 stone in 9 weeks...... I'd like another stone off by Christmas...... you'll do 12lbs easy ☺☺