00s nostalgia #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone see Daniel Bedingfield recently went on tour and all the fans complained as apparently he was a total dick saying he didn't really want to sing his old well known songs and was only on an hour , I didn't mind a couple of his songs back I'm the day tbf but not enough to go watch him
Yeah apparently at the earlier gigs he was barely singing because he said he didn’t want to strain his voice because he had so many dates to do and wanted to keep his voice for the whole tour! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Anyone see Daniel Bedingfield recently went on tour and all the fans complained as apparently he was a total dick saying he didn't really want to sing his old well known songs and was only on an hour , I didn't mind a couple of his songs back I'm the day tbf but not enough to go watch him
I saw him at Newcastle Arena in 2005 and I’ve never seen the arena made to be so small! They brought the stage forward so much that there were basically only about 10 rows on the floor then seats up on the back tiered section. He really should have been in a much smaller venue as the size they made the arena really showed how poor ticket sales had been.
I remember thinking he had a good voice when I was there but I can’t remember anything else.
I must add that I didn’t buy the ticket, it was given to me by a friend who was a big fan and no one else was willing to go with her.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Yeah apparently at the earlier gigs he was barely singing because he said he didn’t want to strain his voice because he had so many dates to do and wanted to keep his voice for the whole tour! 😂
What?! 🤣 His comeback tour only had like 5 dates!
I was going to go his Palladium date as there were loads of seats still available the week before, but glad I never bothered! The acoustic version of Gotta get through this is fantastic, but probably doesn't warrant a whole comeback tour 20 years later!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Yeah I did used to have his album years ago but can only name 3 songs 🤣 someone said apparently his other shows got a bit better so he must have took om board the comments from the first but I'm suprised he had enough fans willing to buy tickets nevermind after all the complaints 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
What?! 🤣 His comeback tour only had like 5 dates!
I was going to go his Palladium date as there were loads of seats still available the week before, but glad I never bothered! The acoustic version of Gotta get through this is fantastic, but probably doesn't warrant a whole comeback tour 20 years later!
I had thought maybe he's coming back on the type of thing like Craig David etc, people wanting to reminisce. But hardly like he has a huge bad catalogue

Reactions: 5
I had thought maybe he's coming back on the type of thing like Craig David etc, people wanting to reminisce. But hardly like he has a huge bad catalogue
He doesn't come across as overly likable either. Quite arrogant for someone who was only big for a few years in the 00s. I can't read you is a bop though, I remember the hits music channel HAMMERING it in 2003 🤣

Reactions: 3
He doesn't come across as overly likable either. Quite arrogant for someone who was only big for a few years in the 00s. I can't read you is a bop though, I remember the hits music channel HAMMERING it in 2003 🤣
He must be fuming his sister’s song is everywhere again rn lol

• Haha
Exactly, instead someone like Craig David (sounds like I'm in his pr ,I'm not 🤣) genuinely like their fans and fins it fun to come back
---
He must be fuming his sister’s song is everywhere again rn lol
Did you see the interview or whatever it was of his sister in an uber or something "this is my brothers song"? I 100%now think this was staged, she keeps going on about it. Neither of them are anything special imo

Reactions: 2
Exactly, instead someone like Craig David (sounds like I'm in his pr ,I'm not 🤣) genuinely like their fans and fins it fun to come back
---
IMO everything of Craig David’s has lasted. You hear it on the radio and stuff like Fill Me In could have just been released last week

Reactions: 10
IMO everything of Craig David’s has lasted. You hear it on the radio and stuff like Fill Me In could have just been released last week
Yes!
I don’t love his new stuff but his older stuff is banger after banger
---
---

Did you see the interview or whatever it was of his sister in an uber or something "this is my brothers song"? I 100%now think this was staged, she keeps going on about it. Neither of them are anything special imo
Yeah lol. I did see it

Reactions: 4
Ooh I’ve just remembered a 4th!

If You’re Not The One will always hold a special place in my heart as it came out when I was 17 and I was waiting for almost a week for my first love to ring my landline (we’d been friends at school til he got expelled, then I met him again 2 years later and we had a toxic yet very intense relationship for 11 months and then he sadly ended up killed in a car accident)

Gotta Get Thru This

James Dean

Never Going To Leave Your Side

• Heart
Okay okay what was everyone's fave magazine to get ?
Mizz? Sugar ? Teen vogue?
I used to get heat magazine every Tuesday without fail for about 10 years🤣
I think I went from Mizz to Sugar to More Magazine. I felt so grown up buying Sugar and More 🤣.

Reactions: 3
Ooh I’ve just remembered a 4th!

If You’re Not The One will always hold a special place in my heart as it came out when I was 17 and I was waiting for almost a week for my first love to ring my landline (we’d been friends at school til he got expelled, then I met him again 2 years later and we had a toxic yet very intense relationship for 11 months and then he sadly ended up killed in a car accident)

Gotta Get Thru This

James Dean

Never Going To Leave Your Side
That sounds like a very intense and very sad time of your life. I do also always find Daniel Bedingfield having a song called James Dean almost ironic, given that he almost died in a car accident himself.

I love that one but my favourite is probably Soulmate
Ah yes I liked the stuff from her second album (I wanna have your babies is a a guilty pleasure 😂) but she seemed to get a lot of success in the US and kind of ignored her UK audience after that. Was pocket full of sunshine ever released in the UK? I only know it from Easy A!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.