00s nostalgia #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone remember these sherbert straws? Everyone was obsessed with them and they ended up being banned in my school because the playground was absolutely covered in empty ones 😂 Also fondly remember buying Fizzy Jerks and Toffos from the vending machine.

also, a bit later: I ❤ NY white t shirts, superman t shirts and the obsession with Superman and Batman belt buckles
View attachment 2961756
Pmg I loved these, we downed them almost ad if they were drugs and got insanely hyper 🤣 I remember a friends brother snorting some as a dare. Pro tip:don't try it 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Anyone remember these sherbert straws? Everyone was obsessed with them and they ended up being banned in my school because the playground was absolutely covered in empty ones 😂 Also fondly remember buying Fizzy Jerks and Toffos from the vending machine.

also, a bit later: I ❤ NY white t shirts, superman t shirts and the obsession with Superman and Batman belt buckles
View attachment 2961756
In year 9 my mate once brought a wholesale pack of them (~5000, I think) for about £4 and was selling them at 5p for 4. This lasted about a morning until one of the teachers confiscated them.

And a different mate once snorted crushed Parma Violets as a dare. I don't recommend that, either.

View attachment 2961756
Omg toffos - memory unlocked!

We absolutely loved these straws too. And remember edible paper? Also on the subject of snorting it was crushed polos in my school 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7

View attachment 2961756
Yesss I loved these! Making sure the opening didn’t touch your mouth because the saliva would make the sherbet stick and not come out 😂 remember they were 1p each! Crazy how you could have went to the shop with £1 back in the day and the amount of stuff you’d get! I remember my mum sending me to the shop by our house to buy her cigarettes and id get to keep the change 30/40p and I’d have got loads! Imagine being able to send your kid to buy you smokes now! Even if I handed my daughter £1 to go to the shop with she would laugh at me 😂

Reactions: 1
Yesss I loved these! Making sure the opening didn’t touch your mouth because the saliva would make the sherbet stick and not come out 😂 remember they were 1p each! Crazy how you could have went to the shop with £1 back in the day and the amount of stuff you’d get! I remember my mum sending me to the shop by our house to buy her cigarettes and id get to keep the change 30/40p and I’d have got loads! Imagine being able to send your kid to buy you smokes now! Even if I handed my daughter £1 to go to the shop with she would laugh at me 😂
I remember going to corner shops nd buying little bags of sweets, individual fruit salads food 2p etc and getting loads for less than a pound. A pound no is like 1 thing or less

The sherbert straws are deffo still on as my youngest bring them home in nearly every party bag.

I'm more girls aloud chunky belts, boho skirts but I've been searching vans for my son and now keep getting this, did someone say superman belts..

On a similar note to the snorting, did boys at anyone else's school used to suck up the ink of gel pens?? Inevitably someone would always go overboard and get a mouthful of ink 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 3
In year 9 my mate once brought a wholesale pack of them (~5000, I think) for about £4 and was selling them at 5p for 4. This lasted about a morning until one of the teachers confiscated them.

And a different mate once snorted crushed Parma Violets as a dare. I don't recommend that, either.
I once snorted wasabi.

Those were the days.

• Haha
I once snorted Guarana. (It was marketed as some natural stimulant in the early 90s - but it was just caffeine!).

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Ah the thrill of getting a new phone between 1998 - 2015, each transition would look and feel completely different from the last one :LOL: black and white brick phone, to a slim Nokia, to colour screen camera phone, to Motorola flip phone, to Samsung slider phone, to blackberry or touchscreen phone then.... that's been it for the last 10 years just touchscreens that all look the same!

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.