Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

emm

VIP Member
Yeah, I'm surprised that was allowed as late as that.
I think stranger danger at that time (from my memory anywya) was literally still a stranger in the street offering you sweets, does anyone remember using chat rooms in the early 2000s? I look back and am horrified by the fact that I was 100% talking to adults who were trying to groom me. Luckily I never ended up giving my address but I came very, very close

• Heart
Reactions: 33
It’s mental we used to use Omegle and websites like that 🥲
Omg yes! Also this is gonna get dark quickly and DO NOT check out this website it’s a gore fest but was anyone else an early teen looking at some of the absolute horrors on rotten.com? 🤯🤯🤯

On school computers to boot!!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28

HaventAClue

VIP Member
IMG_5121.jpeg

While we’re on the subject of shops. I used to love going in here to get my new pencil case and stationary for school. Said pencil case below ⬇

IMG_5122.jpeg

how much of a trip would it be to walk into one of these shops and have it filled with stock and exactly the way it would have been on a random day in 1998

• Heart
Reactions: 25

karmadrama

I remember being in college and going on chat rooms on the computers, ended up talking to some boys from miles and miles away and they actually drove up to see me and my friends one day. Can’t believe how fucking stupid we were 😂 Come to think of it, the amount of times I found myself in cars with boys I’d known for less than five minutes, I’m surprised I’m still alive. What an idiot I was 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 25

soph30

VIP Member
I remember I think it was Sugar there was a Rate or Slate page and girls sent in a pic and their teen boy columnist would say whether or not he’d date them :) ‘Lindsay, 14”- She has too much makeup, maybe a bit too slaggish’ 😆

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24

ElChanguito

VIP Member
I was thinking earlier...who the fuck did I think I was walking into La Senza as a 12-year-old!! What gave me the right to walk into a grown ass womens lingerie shop and rifle their Little Miss bras?! 'Ooo did I think I was?! Didn't help that I giggled throughout either.

• Haha
Reactions: 24

HiyaCath!

Sorry if this isn't the place for this, but I made a Spotify playlist for 90s/00s dance songs. Maybe some of you might like it.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

unfinishedsentenc

VIP Member
I was on ASOS and they're selling Von Dutch hats. Took me right back to Britney Spears and Paris Hilton in the early 2000's 🥴

Screenshot_20230122-172015.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22

MilkAndTwoSugars

VIP Member
Does anyone remember bath oil balls? you often got them scattered amongst a bath gift pack from
Boots. i remember my friend dared me to bite into one, tasted vile and could taste it for days afterwards! i also remember accidentally stepping on one in the living room one christmas and the oil went all over the wallpaper, like flecks
of grease 🤦🏼‍♀️ looked awful, took
months and months to finally dry out clear.

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21

HaventAClue

VIP Member
I’ve read through half of the thread so far but wanted to add my own 😊

Habbo Hotel for me. I was a complete scammer on it, does any fellow Habbo fans remember you’d trade “furni” and the big hand would come down from the corner of the screen and you’d put your furni into the box. Well my scam was that I’d “double” people’s furni so they had to put whatever furni into the box they wanted doubled and they’d have to click “trade” three times and on the second or third click I’d also hit trade and do a runner outta their room 😂 looking back it’s actually so awful and I do feel bad!

also our house was a Nickelodeon/Cartoon Network house - Sabrina, Are you afraid of the dark (loved it!! And have watched episodes with my daughter now and fuck they were scary for their time and the audience) also Cartoon Network shows - cow and chicken, Ed Edd and eddy, cramp twins, Johnny bravo.

god I’d love my daughter to have grown up in this era. No worry about looks or comparing urself online ugh.
---
MTV in its prime - My Super Sweet 16, loved it and would be so jealous of the girls even though when I see clips now they were irritating spoilt cunts 🤣 Room Raiders, I had no business at 13 watching people check other peoples bed with a black light for cumstains 🥲😂 Pimp My Ride, always wanted to bring a car to West Coast Customs and have a swimming pool put in my boot 😂 oh and also Cribs, it was the best having a glimpse into the rich and famous’ houses 🥲

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21