00s nostalgia #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Spike - the hipster's choice!

"Oh I far prefer Interpol, The Killers are too commercial"
Everyone knows interpol are far superior anyway.
90s/00s tv was great, I loved buffy, my so called life and Daria

Reactions: 1
Spike - the hipster's choice!

"Oh I far prefer Interpol, The Killers are too commercial"
My favourite Spike line

Spike: Dru bagged a slayer? She didn't tell me. Hey, good for her! (Remembers he’s talking to Buffy)

Though not from your perspective, I suppose

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Okay okay what was everyone's fave magazine to get ?
Mizz? Sugar ? Teen vogue?
I used to get heat magazine every Tuesday without fail for about 10 years🤣
'We're going to Londonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn to buy Heat magazine'

God I used to buy them all though - Sugar, Mizz, J17

Reactions: 7
Sugar with its confessions and embarrassing stories all very clearly written by the staff
I mentioned this a couple of times before, and I can't remember which magazine it was, but my mate Jamie made us howl with laughter by reading out the agony aunt letters (again, likely written by staff) and then the replies to them in a ridiculous "maiden aunt" voice (or as close as a 14 year boy with an already deep voice could get, which was part of the humour...)

There weren't really any equivalent magazines for boys, but we tended to read skateboarding or video game magazines.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I mentioned this a couple of times before, and I can't remember which magazine it was, but my mate Jamie made us howl with laughter by reading out the agony aunt letters (again, likely written by staff) and then the replies to them in a ridiculous "maiden aunt" voice (or as close as a 14 year boy with an already deep voice could get, which was part of the humour...)

There weren't really any equivalent magazines for boys, but we tended to read skateboarding or video game magazines.
This sounds hilarious and would make an amazing podcast!

Reactions: 3
I never watched buffy the series but I loved the original film, different actors but same character names I think? I know I’m in the minority with liking the film as the series seemed to be much more popular with people but I didn’t get into it at all

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Th
I never watched buffy the series but I loved the original film, different actors but same character names I think? I know I’m in the minority with liking the film as the series seemed to be much more popular with people but I didn’t get into it at all
The films a bit different. Luke Perry is a very different Angel.

Pretty sure she'd get period cramps as well when vampires where about

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Did anyone ever watch an adult cartoon called Quads? It was from what I remember similar to family guy but the main characters were in wheelchairs. It used to be on really late on a terrestrial channel… 🤣

Anyone see Daniel Bedingfield recently went on tour and all the fans complained as apparently he was a total dick saying he didn't really want to sing his old well known songs and was only on an hour , I didn't mind a couple of his songs back I'm the day tbf but not enough to go watch him

• Wow
Anyone see Daniel Bedingfield recently went on tour and all the fans complained as apparently he was a total dick saying he didn't really want to sing his old well known songs and was only on an hour , I didn't mind a couple of his songs back I'm the day tbf but not enough to go watch him
I saw him on (I think) loose women the other day and he gave me that impression, he's not released anything famous in decades what does he think fans going to see him want to hear?!

How many "well known" songs does he really have, even?

Reactions: 5
Just saw someone with a Jane Normal bag on Tik Tok. Rushed here to tell everyone that they still exist and that I had a proper nostalgia moment.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Just saw someone with a Jane Normal bag on Tik Tok. Rushed here to tell everyone that they still exist and that I had a proper nostalgia moment.
I’ve got one at home. Never really use it though and it’s been at the bottom of my wardrobe for years. I think I have a dress of theirs to, worn it a few times and then left in my wardrobe. I love it when I wear it so can’t bear to throw it away.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.