Zoella #6 It's just couch to 5k and some fake PDA

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Seriously what is wrong with women using excuses such as anxiety to stop you from getting your health checked!. its 2019 parents should tell their girls and adults should tell themselves. It doesn't work like that! The fear of cancer should override the fear of someone just for 30 seconds to a minute, usually a female taking a sample from your vagina. They do not even have to look at your vagina, they dont care they see so many females in one day. People have sex with practically a stranger after a night out but are " afraid" to get a smear test..They are happy to twerk in public show their fannies to strangers joke about sex but afraid to just go doctors. These people need to get a grip. Test your breasts and your vagina nothing more nothing less. They teach it in sex ed. So if parents are so sheepish to say then they hear the information everywhere. Too much spoon feeding on health matters. Anxiety is real it happens to people people do fear stuff but there is a wide number of people faking it because they are attention seekers and liars.
The level of ignorance around mental health and overt sexism in this comment is staggering.

• Sick
Reactions: 52
I dunno

I just don't buy the "using her influence for good" thing

Just think she's trying to rebrand for longevity

Reactions: 8
I dunno

I just don't buy the "using her influence for good" thing

Just think she's trying to rebrand for longevity
She’s the girl who cried wolf now. She’s been fake and desperate to monetise pretty much anything for so long that it’s almost impossible to take her at face value now and not suspect ulterior motives.

Reactions: 20
She’s the girl who cried wolf now. She’s been fake and desperate to monetise pretty much anything for so long that it’s almost impossible to take her at face value now and not suspect ulterior motives.
Yep this! Everything she does it’s just a matter of waiting to see which bit was sponsored or paid for

• Sad
Reactions: 9
This is a REALLY ignorant comment. How dare you say that people need to get a grip when it comes to anxiety about pap smears. You do not always know everybody's story about why they have anxiety for it.

I had a bad medical experience as a teenager and because of that developed vaginismus. I am a unique case, in that, I can have sex with my husband but when it comes to vaginal medical exams, I can't have them. Vaginismus is a condition in which your muscles involuntary spasm and contract, therefore, making penetration impossible - for me, this only happens in a medical situation, i.e. a smear test. Think of vaginismus like a reflex. When someone goes to poke your eye, your eye will close, it is an automatic reaction. When a gynecologist goes to do my pap smear, my vagina muscles involuntary tense up. In the UK, I was told it was all in my mind and essentially made to feel crazy, but since I moved to Canada, I have found an amazing gynecologist.

You do not know the anxiety this has caused me. I know how important it is to get a pap done and the fact that I couldn't get it done normally made me SO upset. I tried relaxing, using Ativan, etc and it didn't work. I had my pap done under mild sedation as that is the only way it could get done. She also referred me to a psychologist who is helping me work through it with CBT and exposure therapy. It is not until recently that I have started telling people about mine, as I think vaginismus is a condition which needs to be spoken about.

I do not normally get so enraged by comments on here but this really struck a chord for me, as I wish I was able to just lie down and have a smear done normally.
I get you girl.

Because vaginismus is no joke. I've ran sessions for sex ed in the UK so know the misconceptions surrounding it.

That being said. I still think Zoe could of used this to engage with influencers who are a bit more clued up in this area.

• Sick
Reactions: 6
I get you girl.

Because vaginismus is no joke. I've ran sessions for sex ed in the UK so know the misconceptions surrounding it.

That being said. I still think Zoe could of used this to engage with influencers who are a bit more clued up in this area.
All she cares about is the attention being on her though.

Reactions: 5
It’s great that she recorded her own experince and i’m sure it’ll help the girls who still follow her but like you guys have said her past behaviours over shadow anything she does now so it’s hard to see her as genuine.

Reactions: 7
Yep this! Everything she does it’s just a matter of waiting to see which bit was sponsored or paid for
She may not be gaining a monetary sum right now but shes gaining engagement via comments

Zoe is realising that by targeting conversations like this she can build engagements = more brands = more money

Reactions: 12
This is what I meant with my comment earlier on with so we reckon it’s an ad. She has done something for “check your boobs” before I’m sure?
Yeah I agree. Someone so media cultivated and branded wouldn’t do health related off the cuff as they would need to cross the Ts and dot the Is in relation to info they’re giving out.

She will be being paid or getting benefits somehow.

Reactions: 3
Seriously what is wrong with women using excuses such as anxiety to stop you from getting your health checked!. its 2019 parents should tell their girls and adults should tell themselves. It doesn't work like that! The fear of cancer should override the fear of someone just for 30 seconds to a minute, usually a female taking a sample from your vagina. They do not even have to look at your vagina, they dont care they see so many females in one day. People have sex with practically a stranger after a night out but are " afraid" to get a smear test..They are happy to twerk in public show their fannies to strangers joke about sex but afraid to just go doctors. These people need to get a grip. Test your breasts and your vagina nothing more nothing less. They teach it in sex ed. So if parents are so sheepish to say then they hear the information everywhere. Too much spoon feeding on health matters. Anxiety is real it happens to people people do fear stuff but there is a wide number of people faking it because they are attention seekers and liars.
I pray to God that you don't work in healthcare 😤

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
It's the lazy girl's Youtube - Zoe will always choose whatever gets her the most money for the minimum effort.
But she's also putting it up on her Zoe channel. She might get less views because people will watch it on igtv and not want to watch it again when she uploads it to YouTube.

Reactions: 1
I'm the same age as Zoe and have had to have annual smear tests since I was 24. Last year I had to have treatment to remove the cells and earlier this year I tested clear for the first time. Ultimately smear tests have the potential to save lives, so as far as I'm concerned raising awareness can never be a bad thing. Even if it encourages just one more person to go then it's worth it. It's just a shame that we all know she's only doing it for her own benefit.

Reactions: 11
But she's also putting it up on her Zoe channel. She might get less views because people will watch it on igtv and not want to watch it again when she uploads it to YouTube.
So she's putting the IGTV content on her Youtube channel now? I wonder if she started doing it when people commented they missed her channel so that she can laugh all the way to the bank twice with one ounce of effort :unsure:

I'm the same age as Zoe and have had to have annual smear tests since I was 24. Last year I had to have treatment to remove the cells and earlier this year I tested clear for the first time. Ultimately smear tests have the potential to save lives, so as far as I'm concerned raising awareness can never be a bad thing. Even if it encourages just one more person to go then it's worth it. It's just a shame that we all know she's only doing it for her own benefit.
Absolutely, more awareness is very important! Where I come from everybody gets them once a year and they're considered very normal, to the point that when I moved to the UK first and then to Ireland I was shocked to find out how many people sadly put them off due to fear and shame. It's vital they are normalised and if Zoe's content makes even one extra person go for their smear test, I'm happy.

Yeah. She's being lazy
I'm shocked ;)

• Haha
I feel like no matter what she has done in the past this will at least help a few people - whether it’s for her own gain or not.
So many women are scared of smear tests and if this can help at least a handful of people then I don’t think it matters if it raises her engagement or not. For once something she is doing can help people and I don’t think it should be criticised so much! Just my opinion - open to criticism 😂😂

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.