Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

sburton

Braces aren’t purely cosmetic though. I didn’t watch, but I know personally I don’t get braces when I was younger since it would have just been cosmetic on my lower teeth. Now that I’m in my 30s my dentist has noticed some shifts and said I should start thinking about braces potentially since I’m not chewing on my bite surfaces as I should be (teeth have slowly shifted to angle in a touch over the years, so not biting on top, but slightly angled now).

Did she say it was purely cosmetic for the braces?

Reactions: 7

Mlr

I’ve got more respect for Joe if he’s made the decision to keep the girls out of his vlogs and not been told he can’t make money from them.
I don’t remember if it was Zoe or Alfie but one of them explained in a vlog that if other people film or post a photo of their kids it has to be checked by them first and actually prefer if other people just don’t do it.

• Wow
Also, I don’t know if it was just the angles but it didn’t look like she was wearing a seatbelt when Mark was driving (even when he positioned the camera closer to her). Maybe best not to do regular podcasts in the car if you’re not practicing basic car safety 🤦🏼‍♀️🙄

coconochanel

VIP Member
Her weekly photo dump is up (don't all rush at once to have a look 🤪 )....
she made pancakes with Ottie
bought new bedding
went to a farm and bought a Mr Whippy
and Novie upgraded to a buggy.

ClaudsC

As influencers go, I actually like Zoe and Alfie - they seem like nice people and good parents - but so many of their posts when it comes to parenting and life in general is very tone deaf.

They say they're slowing down... but when have they ever had a super busy life? I'm only judging by their vlogs, but I'd imagine it's very rare. Everything has always been on their own terms, on their own schedule. And that's very lovely for them, but them complaining about how tired they are now with 2 kids, "how do people do this" etc... come on.

Both have come from quite privileged upbringings too, which I think shows... if either one of them hadn't been, I think there'd be a bit more self-awareness there in how daft they sound sometimes.
---
I just don't get why he doesn't just tell the truth and say Zoe and Myself are now retired millionaires.

All this skirting around it with things like 'we've slowed down now to just soak in the family years' and 'the office is now an unused room up in the attic for the foreseeable'

I imagine they could legitimately call themselves landlords as i assume they own many properties around Brighton and are coining it in with rent while minions do the renovating but they never publicly admit to that he'd rather just talk twaddle .
I'd actually really rate them if they were honest about that kind of thing. It's no bad thing to be aspirational - I love hearing about how people have made a success of themselves, like good for them. It's worse when people pretend and hide things to try and be relatable.

Last edited:

sburton

It’s like celebrity kids. People feel owed something. Like they are a reason that person is wealthy/successful/popular, that they somehow are part of how that child exists (the couple only got together because they are famous/rich/whatever), and they should get to see that child as a result. People also want to see what life is like for people that are famous/wealthy/whatever. What is it like for privileged people? What do their kids get to wear/eat/do?

It’s strange. Though I will admit sometimes it is interesting at least seeing a one off photo here and there and seeing how the genetics went down…..there’s some very beautiful couples that make some unfortunate looking kids….or just generally seeing the mix of traits that can happen.

coconochanel

VIP Member
I noticed she said in a comment on her post that she said that it’s so hard to pick just 10 photos from the week and there is so much she could pick from , ok then why are all the pics clearly from the same couple of days 😂 whatever Zoe!
Then in the next breath she says of the pic of her hair done and makeup on 'I don't look like this most of the time'. Yeah cause you slob out at home 90% of the time.

sburton

I thought she was seeing someone private? Just someone who is clearly horrible? She’s seeing someone who (whether private or not) has done nothing to help her, and instead almost seems to validate her and keep her set in her routine. She hasn’t changed despite apparently years of therapy at this point.

coconochanel

VIP Member
Another weekly photo dump of her doing nothing, yawn:sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:
---
Also why is she buying Alfie something Ottie wants for Fathers day, surely it should be something Alfie wants?

Last edited:

coconochanel

VIP Member
She also said in her stories a few weeks ago she didn't have time to wash her hair (which we said was bull) but she has been finding time to go to her Invisalign appointments!

tam

Chatty Member
I've not watched the vlog yet but we went to the Isle of Wight as a family when I was about 2 or 3 and my dad took a photo of me in that exact model village. We have since gon3 back and have to be honest, makes me feel nostalgic. BUT... surely it is a lovely, private thing to do. Not everyone is going to find it emotional unless you went through it yourself.

mmpop22

An old video from 2018 was recommended to me on yt and I watched a few mins of it and Zoe was wearing such well fitting/tight clothes and she looked a lot better? Everything she wears is over sized and baggy now.

Cloak

VIP Member
I used to really like the name Ottilie but I really don’t anymore…

Just had a look on Nameberry and it’s in the top 100 names in the UK. It’s exploded in popularity since about 2015. Not that unique anymore!

Samlea

She says in the latest vlog her emetophobia causes her to overcook things out of fear they'll make her sick. That doesn't quite add up when she's quite happy to eat mostly ready meals or takeouts with no idea what preparation has been involved in the making of those... she even buys ready made mash 🤦🏻‍♀️
Yes!!! And eating absolute crap, unhealthy food, which won't help your body fight off any bugs!!!
---
But most people with this phobia cannot avoid sick when they have children. It’s very privileged to be able to avoid it. Most people have partners at work and are left to deal with sick children alone
Yes!! And Single parents!!!Just bloody have to do it!!!!

Reactions: 6

gossiping_kel

Her forehead is looking very smooth and shiny in the car at the end... is that a camera filter or a little botox?

Reactions: 6