Zoe Sugg #49 Five go absolutely nowhere, unless it's gifted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel like Zoe saying she has shown her birth video to a lot of people is a hardcore version of people making you sit through their holiday photos, what else can you do than to politely smile like poor Mark did

• Haha
Reactions: 51
I feel like Zoe saying she has shown her birth video to a lot of people is a hardcore version of people making you sit through their holiday photos, what else can you do than to politely smile like poor Mark did
and also the fact that they shared that she showed it to him… why do they have to tell us everything?

Reactions: 13
In her post about the new vlog she references how more special her time with mark is now she has ottie to look after. Interesting that her post about spending time with mark sounds more heartfelt and happier than anything she has mentioned about ottie/family/alfie. Pleased to know motherhood means so much to her after it always being her dream 🙄.

Reactions: 27
I don't know the right word but Mark is so desperate and try-hard when he's with her... he seems really flustered and they instantly cackle at anything they say... 'ooh we're so old' AAHAHAHA *silent laughing*

Reactions: 26
I noticed that too, it's as if Mark constantly seeks Zoe's approval or something. He seems so much more chill and easy-going in his own videos.

Reactions: 22
I think everyone of us had sooner or later a friend like zoe.
needs constant attention, you do everything they want to do, your whole personality is adapted to their likes.
the only difference is. most of us grow outta that type of friendship cause its toxic and emotionally taxing.

usually those get sour once they realize you dont bend yourself to fit their standards anymore so they treat like you never were friends or they cut you off.

this is exactly the dynamic between zoe and mark

Reactions: 21
I think it's because before he used to see her at least once a week so it was easy to adapt but he hasn't seen her since March so when he saw her it took him a while to get into the 'haha everything hilarious' fake persona.

Reactions: 32
Yeah, the power imbalance ingrained to their friendship is also part of the problem. He was a Zoella fan who got lucky and was "chosen" to be her friend. He built his career, at the beginning at least, around being Zoe's friend. So of course he does whatever she wants and laughs at all her lame ass jokes and praises her as if she were the best person ever.

I imagine he has realized how cringe that is, but also can't really stop. They see each other every couple of months only nowadays, so I guess he's like "eh, will take some awkwardness for the perks."

Reactions: 30
Mark is like that hanger on of queen bees in high school. Only befriended said queen bee to they don’t get excluded or made fun of by the popular group. Except that Zoe is no longer the queen bee these days. I don’t know when exactly the two of them became friends but if I remember correctly, Mark wasn’t in the picture during the height of the Youtubers of Gleam and Zoe’s peak popularity. He only came into the picture when the downfall began and everyone ditched Zoe. I mean, the people in that group are all problematic in their own right but I kind of got the sense that they all outgrew her as she’s stuck in that high school mindset of being queen bee when in reality, she has no real power over them except clout and dropped you as soon as they got that. I think Mark sticks around because unlike the others, he hasn’t got a solid footing in the influencer world and still needs Zoe. Zoe keeps him because he’s the only one left that isn’t related to her therefore forced to hang out with her.

Reactions: 17
Zoe seems to thrive in imbalanced friendships. Even when she was friends with Gabie it was a fan-youtuber friendship and Gabie basically worshipped her. I really don't know what Zoe and Mark have in common and it's still weird to me he enjoys night life and clubbing so much, yet his bestie didn't go out to have fun with him like ever.

Reactions: 16
Gabbie has a lot of issues that she refuses to seek help for and I think it was only right of Zoe to ditch that friendship. Zoe can be vapid and has issues of her own as well but she’s not on the same level of mental as Gabbie is.

Reactions: 17
Zoe seems to thrive in imbalanced friendships. Even when she was friends with Gabie it was a fan-youtuber friendship and Gabie basically worshipped her. I really don't know what Zoe and Mark have in common and it's still weird to me he enjoys night life and clubbing so much, yet his bestie didn't go out to have fun with him like ever.
That's another thing apart from both being influencers they have nothing in common.

Reactions: 8
I'm playing devils advocate here, but I reckon if Mark was straight, Zoe would go there, no questions asked.

Reactions: 22
I just went through Alfie Instagram page to try and find out how old the baby is. And I just realised he never posted (I could be wrong) anything about congratulating Zoe on giving birth to his child or saying she’s amazing or anything like that? With the amount of influencer babies recently, I’ve seen a lot of partners/ husbands posting about how strong their wife was, Gemma miles husband is one I can think of at the top of my head…
I don’t know I just find their relationship really weird

Reactions: 28
I just went through Alfie Instagram page to try and find out how old the baby is. And I just realised he never posted (I could be wrong) anything about congratulating Zoe on giving birth to his child or saying she’s amazing or anything like that? With the amount of influencer babies recently, I’ve seen a lot of partners/ husbands posting about how strong their wife was, Gemma miles husband is one I can think of at the top of my head…
No he didn’t. It was mentioned so much when they first had the baby as Zoe was consistently praising Alfie for being so ‘helpful’ when she gave birth and praising him for making her breakfast in bed. But he couldn’t even muster up a ‘well done and thank you for bringing our daughter into the world’. He said nothing about how amazing she did despite having an emergency induction. But she said he was so helpful and calm whilst she gave birth, it was like he was the one who did the hard work 🙄

Reactions: 32
He’s a trend follower but he hates to do anything that society expects of him.

Reactions: 12
In her post about the new vlog she references how more special her time with mark is now she has ottie to look after. Interesting that her post about spending time with mark sounds more heartfelt and happier than anything she has mentioned about ottie/family/alfie. Pleased to know motherhood means so much to her after it always being her dream 🙄.
It's a manipulative tactic to get him to stay friends. Love bombing him publicly. I bet she can feel him pull away.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.