Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Alexis123

Any ideas why Alfie's parents feel so strongly about marriage later in life?
Because they did it…. Some parents always think there kids should follow suit with everything the do. Like I can imagine Alfie has a real “mother knows best complex” tbh I’ve always found there relationship to be weird and Alfie definitely comes across a sheltered middle class child with a mollycoddled upbringing. Almost like his parents where so over bearing he hasn’t learnt about the outside would. Exhibit A: the one pound video. He’s just tone deaf about real struggle because his parents sheltered him so much.

Reactions: 47

quipawiticism

I loved that vlog where Zalfie went to that massive mall with his mum and when they sat down to eat, Zoe brought up marriage and children and Big Mandy instantly interrupted and told Alfie "but not before you turn 30" in a very stern voice to which Zoe defeatedly answered with a quiet "yeah".
I wonder if it's every occurred to her that Alfie wouldn't be doing so well (financially) if it weren't for Zoe... If Zoe had gotten wise years ago and left him, he would not have half of the things he does now.

Reactions: 46

Anneliese2199

VIP Member
CDD667EB-ED87-4AA0-A2C9-4C050AF2C208.jpeg

When I saw the story before this one I thought that she started to hate herself and decided to actually get up and do something. (Silly me.) Then I saw this story and I felt embarrassed for her as always.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 46

Lilykins

VIP Member
I don’t normally feel sorry for zoe but actually alfie ignoring her on Mother’s Day and then making Father’s Day all about him just sums up his arrogant self centred dickhead personality.

also edited to add those weird as anything selfies saying happy Father’s Day look like he is bored by the idea of Father’s Day and being a dad, and couldn’t give a shit. Still trying to play the ‘hot’ single dad schtick to get attention from instagram followers?!

Last edited:
Reactions: 45

Yupyupyup

VIP Member
I love my best friend to death, would take a bullet for her truly. One thing I will never do is let her watch a video of my vagina, whether it’s pushing out a cucumber or a baby. Too far. Hilariously too far for someone who is clearly a massive immature prude

• Haha
Reactions: 43

Lilykins

VIP Member
Someone needs to tell Zoe the post partum period is actually only 6 weeks…. Not almost 10 months on.

• Haha
Reactions: 42

QueenBW

VIP Member
It's the height of narcissism to think someone else will be interested in your birth video. And then forcing them to sit and watch?

I'd rather have no friends than Zoe as one.

Reactions: 41

Bababe

Hi. I can be wrong. I don't follow these two closely... but I think that the proposal to Alfie, or not doing by him for 10 years, is about the total control that he clings to.
He knows Zoe won't propose. He knows she is desperate for him to do so. All their fans are eagerly waiting. All is set in his corner.
Alfie is less famous and successful than Zoe ( it is a throwaway comment, casual gossipper here). Even though in his mind he is entrepreneurs/gadget and fashion guru/Pro vlogger etc. He is and never will be Zoe Sugg. To too many he is Zoella's boyfriend! Now, that hurts (speculation).
Then, if he proposes...she gets the spotlight as the *bride*/wedding organiser, she'll as a bride to be, would get more deals with the brands than him (presumably). She is giddy and she gets what she wanted from him for her. Getting married, another milestone, attention and self esteem boost, smugness....superiority (?).
Now Alfie, after proposal, is left with pretty much almost no control/change (apart from best wishes comments, there will be "nothing else" to make it worth it for his ego). On the other hand, alltheir fans are asking Zoe about the ring, wedding,dress, food menu, music, flower arrangement, guest list.. Everyone watches HER IG impatiently. Zoella's channels GETs more views. Zoella gets interviews! And Alfie?
Alfie thinks that he won't have the fair share of the deal aka attention, control, brand deals, image, all those things that Zoe will benefit.
I can be wrong because I don't follow these two very closely. But to me it's very clearly about the last string of control/attention and superiority that Alfie has over her.
Additionally, he might rightly believe that Zoe waiting for the ring will make her more humble and *trying* as a girlfriend. Without the proposal or wedding, the current situation makes him think that he has the upper hand.
It's Alfie's ego that stops him in my judgement.

Reactions: 40

November_again

VIP Member
I used to have a friend who was in a Brighton choir a few years ago which Alfie’s mum was in. She told me once after choir practice someone was talking about weddings as they’d recently got engaged and they commented how Zoe would make a lovely bride and Amanda commented ‘well yes, that’s if they get married’ but it was said in really sarcastic way as if she didn’t want anyone and especially Zoe marrying her precious son. 😂
I loved that vlog where Zalfie went to that massive mall with his mum and when they sat down to eat, Zoe brought up marriage and children and Big Mandy instantly interrupted and told Alfie "but not before you turn 30" in a very stern voice to which Zoe defeatedly answered with a quiet "yeah".

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 39

milkyways

VIP Member
why is she dressing like a divorced mom in her 40s 😭

100% this is why zoe hangs around with her, no competition to her cult outfits

• Haha

getawaywithit

VIP Member
The Zoella IG just reminds me of the appeal of Cosmo magazine to high schoolers back in the early 2000s lol. It wasn’t really anything genuinely about sex or what it really means to understand and experience your sexuality as a woman, was it, it was just trading on the vocabulary and a commercialized idea of sex to sell magazines to certain demographics. And the Zoella content is the same in a kind of a ‘ohh don’t read this but do or you’ll be naive and left out because we’re all talking about VIBRATORS because we’re progressive women’ thing. But always with a fun kind of teenybopper commercial shine to it. It doesn’t actually suggest anything to me about real sex.

It’s probably why she says those posts get the most traffic. It’s like how 16 year olds always wanted to pick up Cosmo. I highly doubt a woman Zoe’s age (me, for one, lol), actually thinks they’d get anything from those posts. I think it’s girls clicking it because it has that fake allure.

• Heart

littlenoodle

I know her insides are shit and she looks unhealthy but just to rant... God it's annoying her figure looks good post baby, no exercise, no healthy eating whatsoever.

Reactions: 38

louseylou

VIP Member
I can't believe she said that, and in front of Zoe as well! Alfie is an adult, she doesn't get a say in his life anymore. Don't get me wrong, I find Zoe's relationship with Alfie's family a bit much but she seems to at least try and treat them well, sometimes it even seems like she makes more of an effort with them then she does her own family. Maybe that conversation is part of the reason why though.

Reactions: 38