Zoe Sugg #46 Another year with no Zoe bling but #nodadbods bought little Pay a teething ring

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When the second book came out was lockdown rules still in place? if so that might have made it hard to do a book signing etc esp when pregnant. Do we think she will have another baby? I do because she will want a boy so she's got the 'perfect' family.
Yes, you’re probably right. Could have done all the online ones though. Could have done an Instagram Live or even a virtual meet and greet from the comfort of her living room.

She will definitely have another and I bet she wants a boy so it mirrors her family. And maybe the Deyes’ - I don’t know which of Alfie and Poppy is older. I try to avoid everything about them.

Reactions: 5
I honestly don't think they have a nanny at all.
Do you think they pay Zoes mum to be their live in nanny or does she just get free rent and board?
She definitely has Ottie more than they do. Bet she does the night feeds too.
It's basically just Zoes little sister and that is how I see her. More like a big sis than a mum. They can literally carry on as normal and be with Ottie when they feel like it.
How relatable.....
[/QUO

Reactions: 8
I don’t think they have a nanny at the moment but I can almost definitely see them getting one after she was talking about how difficult it is to organise themselves so that they can work and take care of Ottilie

Reactions: 12
I don't have a baby, so correct me if I'm wrong, but even if we pretend Horsey doesn't exist, at Pays age, and with that great big bathroom, Zoe can plonk the bairn in a bouncer or seat or blanket on the floor and just keep an eye on her/talk to her whilst she showers right?
Yep you’re right, with my eldest I put her in a baby cushion seat thing then in her high chair at the door of the bathroom because my OH went out to work early, with my second I leave her with him cause he now works from home. I then take my eldest to school and spend the day with my baby. There are some days I don’t manage a shower because both kids sleep longer (so I sleep longer, I’m not getting up before them on the rare occasion they sleep in)
It can be done.

Reactions: 4
Zoe saying her mum gets the best laughs from ottie… probably as she actually meaningfully interacts with her.

Reactions: 41
I don’t understand how she just puts the baby to bed at night & then has time for a bath but doesn’t have time to wash and dress? And is so busy she has time to talk about chocolate bars to a camera....so busy.

Reactions: 23
She seems so uncomfortable in that vlog? Also, I always think Zoe's at her worst when she's trying to be nice and be sincere - the stuff about everyone being so lovely and patient? Ew.

Reactions: 20
She seems so uncomfortable in that vlog? Also, I always think Zoe's at her worst when she's trying to be nice and be sincere - the stuff about everyone being so lovely and patient? Ew.
I really think she seemed really weird whenever talking about motherhood. She had nothing but complaints about it then said ‘but I’m loving it’ and it didn’t sound genuine or convincing to me. It felt really forced like she was just saying what she expected new mums to say, even if it’s not true.

It’s almost like she’s playing a character of a new mum, but she’s not a good actor so it doesn’t seem natural.

Reactions: 21
I think Zoe has just never had to be consistently responsible and accountable in this way before in her entire adult (and young adult) life… even though she thinks she has. We also all know she really likes to be treated a bit like a child and being ‘childlike’ and now, she has to be the adult. Forever, lol.

I actually do think she likely ‘enjoys’ motherhood in many ways but I think she is struggling moreso with that adult sense of accountability and having to be present and show up to the ‘job’ every day. You can call in nannies and parents and help and everything… but at the end of the day you are the mother and your body is your baby’s for a good while and the demand will be there tomorrow too.

Also while I do think it’s great that there is more opportunity for young mothers these days to connect online and share experiences and not feel ashamed about certain things… in other ways it is a bit of an echo chamber where you are encouraged to complain and highlight any negativity because it’s ‘being real’ and ‘no one talks about this’. (Except for the 10, 000 other posts and blogs on the same topic…). And in that sense you lose a bit of perspective that yes parenting is demanding but that is also the job you signed up for and it’s actually entirely doable, especially with two parents and a high income, and if you are genuinely mentally struggling you should seek help for that because it could also be a mental health condition that is actively filtering your experiences for negativity and in that case it makes it WORSE to lean into it and obsess over it.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Zoe saying her mum gets the best laughs from ottie… probably as she actually meaningfully interacts with her.
When she assumed her mum would be knackered because Zoe is the most unfit person in the planet. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I don’t know anything about publishing, if the book doesn’t perform, don’t you have to pay the advance back?
Sorry, didn't answer this part of your post! (Covid brain fog, yay).

You don't have to pay back. An advance is against earnings, so if you don't earn it back, you don't have to pay back, BUT it goes on your record and affects future deals. You will get smaller advances if you don't earn out, for example. If your advance was 50k but you only made 25k, then your next advance will probably be 20k or under. If you want to change publishers, this will follow you too. It's a tough business.

Or, like I'm guessing happened with Zoe and Amy's Magpie books, an intended longer series will be cut short if it doesn't earn back. The publisher bought two books, intending to see how they performed. They gave what was likely a good advance, expecting to cash in on Zoe's 9 million followers. But when the first book underperformed severely, they probably decided to cut their losses. They might have yanked away the option for more books completely, or they might have offered Zozo bean less money, prompting her to say no. We probably will never know, but Book 1's terrible sales definitely played a role, since Zoe initially talked about it as a "multibook series" and even the title with the numbers seemed to imply there'd be more.

Reactions: 9
She also looked like a bit of a chav at the beginning of the vlog with all that jewellery, the bun with the bad bleach job and the top she was wearing. Ironic since she took the piss out of and stuck her nose up at chavs back in the day on twitter

Reactions: 28
Yes, you’re probably right. Could have done all the online ones though. Could have done an Instagram Live or even a virtual meet and greet from the comfort of her living room.

She will definitely have another and I bet she wants a boy so it mirrors her family. And maybe the Deyes’ - I don’t know which of Alfie and Poppy is older. I try to avoid everything about them.
I think Poppy is older by a couple of years, so similar to Zoe and Joe.

Reactions: 5
I agree. I think out of the two of them Alfie would probably “thrive” (or claim he is), but Zoe is too used to everyone coming to her she wouldn’t put the effort in to find someone new and get to know them. I don’t think it would push her out of her shell at all because she’s waited too long. She has a good chance to break it off and thrive a few years ago but she’s fucked herself over.
Maybe, I don't know if Alfie is capable of thriving
which is probably why he is still there
Zoe definitely fucked herself over by clinging so hard to him

Reactions: 2
Zoe’s Mum does wonders for that little baby, actually playing with her and encouraging her. What a lovely Grandma to have!

Reactions: 30
Aww Ottie is sitting up. The way she looks at Zoe with mild interest is like when they look at a aunt they don't see very often 🤭

Reactions: 23
I honestly had no idea the Zoella book club was still a thing. When was the last time Zoe posted anything about it or about reading any of their book picks? I want to say it was at the beginning of the pandemic, so like 2 years ago

I wonder how she feels that Alfie’s trying to make reading his personality trait

Reactions: 9
I find it weird from her latest video that the only thing she said that was hard was that she didn’t have as much time for herself? She sat and talked for ages and surely more people would have been interested to hear how she’s finding being a mum .. is she still breastfeeding how has she found that, how does ottie sleep, have the been sleep training, does she nap well, what do they do with her etc, surely that kind of stuff would have made better small talk while she was doing her make up rather than the same old drivel she always talks about!

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I find it weird from her latest video that the only thing she said that was hard was that she didn’t have as much time for herself? She sat and talked for ages and surely more people would have been interested to hear how she’s finding being a mum .. is she still breastfeeding how has she found that, how does ottie sleep, have the been sleep training, does she nap well, what do they do with her etc, surely that kind of stuff would have made better small talk while she was doing her make up rather than the same old drivel she always talks about!
She wanted it to be about her.

Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.