Zoe Sugg #46 Another year with no Zoe bling but #nodadbods bought little Pay a teething ring

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
^ i totally agree with previous posts

its like them never ever mentioning that they got cleaners, but all of sudden during christmas they mention it.
with influencers- its always like: if they dont show it / they aint doin it 😂

Reactions: 18
It was a strange video. It definitely wasn’t the giggly, high pitched almost childlike Zoe pre Otillie. I thought that she was on the verge of tears at one point.
I don’t think that she really thought through what motherhood entails. It’s not just dressing them up like dolls and carrying on with life. I don’t understand why she needs to wear make up especially if she isn’t leaving the house.
It seems like Alfie is doing a lot of the practical parenting. I could understand her being overwhelmed if Alfie had two weeks paternity leave and went back to work, but he is there.

Reactions: 25
I don't have a baby, so correct me if I'm wrong, but even if we pretend Horsey doesn't exist, at Pays age, and with that great big bathroom, Zoe can plonk the bairn in a bouncer or seat or blanket on the floor and just keep an eye on her/talk to her whilst she showers right?
Yep I used to put my daughter in her pram and wheel her into the bathroom with me, she’s full of sh*t she just needs to get herself into a routine and stop bitching and moaning. Alfie althou he seems like a doofus doesn’t seem like a total jerk I’m sure he would watch pay if she said she needs to have a shower and fix herself up. Maybe she’s a micro manager of whatever Alfie’s doing with pay so she can never just relax. She seems like a bossy cow so it wouldn’t surprise me.

It was a strange video. It definitely wasn’t the giggly, high pitched almost childlike Zoe pre Otillie. I thought that she was on the verge of tears at one point.
I don’t think that she really thought through what motherhood entails. It’s not just dressing them up like dolls and carrying on with life. I don’t understand why she needs to wear make up especially if she isn’t leaving the house.
It seems like Alfie is doing a lot of the practical parenting. I could understand her being overwhelmed if Alfie had two weeks paternity leave and went back to work, but he is there.
I liked how he was showing pay how to make a coffee I thought it was sweet just including her in what he does every day but Zoobs seemed to make fun of him in my opinion. I think she’s jealous that Alfie is a more relaxed parent while she is struggling

Reactions: 22
Silly me I thought once she had Ottie we get clips of her being a mum like getting Ottie dressed or feeding her etc but no all we get is her TALKING about being a mum but we never actually see her BEING one.
Making actual content???????????? NEVER!

I think they both would thrive more if they werent together, they could stop pretending and find true happiness with other people
I used to think this... I'm not sure if I believe in anything anymore
They are comfortable
WHat if they just found someone else to let them be comfortable and put in no effort

I think there might be a nanny. Neither of them have shown the day to day life of having a baby. All we have had is them saying they don’t have time to brush their teeth or shower and a photo where Ottie woke them up through the night because she was teething. Nothing else has been relatable and their content has been baby clothes/things or holding Pay.
Hard Agree

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Well I’ve watched most of it. I’m probably on my own here but I am shocked at how she spoke about getting the Magpie artwork back. She just didn’t give a tit, sounded completed bored and her eyes and expression didn’t change at all. I get more excited getting artwork though at work (and I hate my current job!).

Which leads me on nicely…Why is she lying? She has zero interest in grabbing the camera or whatever she said she does. The clock showed it was 8 Feb and I expected a vlog montage of a few trips. Even a few different days in the house would prove she still loves vlogging. I’m only in my current role for the maternity package. The place is tit and I work with absolute morons but it’s the right place for now, which is why I don’t whinge and moan about it. She’s her own boss and has a huge number of people on her payroll who she could use to help her plan her content, book her days out, film, edit and upload but she doesn’t. She just moaned on about how hard it is when, for her, it doesn’t have to be

Reactions: 17
I used to think this... I'm not sure if I believe in anything anymore
They are comfortable
WHat if they just found someone else to let them be comfortable and put in no effort
I agree. I think out of the two of them Alfie would probably “thrive” (or claim he is), but Zoe is too used to everyone coming to her she wouldn’t put the effort in to find someone new and get to know them. I don’t think it would push her out of her shell at all because she’s waited too long. She has a good chance to break it off and thrive a few years ago but she’s fucked herself over.

So she definitely hasn't been staying with them? Not like they don't have room. Not sure if she has a proper job to be at. Was just making a presumption as seen her in posts and stories and mentioned quite a bit since the birth. Don't think they would make it common knowledge but I don't believe the pair of them do everything with Ottie day in day out. At least with Carys (much as she annoys me) she shows the struggles and reality of going out with a baby, the cut short shopping trips, the impromptu feeding etc. Bit more relatable. We're only seeing the Enid Blyton version of parenting from Zoe. Almost like just having another Nala but you can dress it cute and it just smiles and coos all day.
Enid Blyton version of parenting is such a true statement. Zoe and alfie don’t show any reality or the day in day out of parenting. They just show posed pictures or cute outfits and that’s it. And Zoe’s desperate attempts to seem relatable seem anything but, especially considering her situation. I think they have a lot of help - whether that’s a nanny or not I don’t know, but either way I don’t think Zoe and alfie are free styling it themselves.

Reactions: 14
duck me. Then she goes on to gush about the M&S chocolate packaging saying she loves design. Erm, if you loved design, surely the new cover of your book would be of more interest. Also stop eating Easter chocolates, it’s bleeping February. Not even Shrove Tuesday has passed yet.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
That was the weidest most boring and cold 'vlog' i've ever attempted to watch. I agree, I think there's a nanny.

duck me. Then she goes on to gush about the M&S chocolate packaging saying she loves design. Erm, if you loved design, surely the new cover of your book would be of more interest. Also stop eating Easter chocolates, it’s bleeping February. Not even Shrove Tuesday has passed yet.
She just doesn't care about the Magpie books and is sour that the publishing house clearly didn't renew their book deal. It was promised as a multi-book series... it just got two. They clearly didn't sell well at all (what a shock, considering the poor writing and next to no campaigning Zoe did). So she doesn't care about them because likely there's no more money to be had. They probably paid her a nice, hefty advance but the books haven't earned back against that advance. And until they earn back, she'll make nothing more... and they will never earn back because only hard core minions bought them.

Reactions: 10
I think it gets said a lot on here but Zoe's mum looks fab. Love her outfit.

Reactions: 19
I know it’s a trend at the minute but her ears look bloody ridiculous with that many earrings in/with cuffs on. Her earlobes are looking droopy!

Reactions: 11
She just doesn't care about the Magpie books and is sour that the publishing house clearly didn't renew their book deal. It was promised as a multi-book series... it just got two. They clearly didn't sell well at all (what a shock, considering the poor writing and next to no campaigning Zoe did). So she doesn't care about them because likely there's no more money to be had. They probably paid her a nice, hefty advance but the books haven't earned back against that advance. And until they earn back, she'll make nothing more... and they will never earn back because only hard core minions bought them.
And that’s another thing I just do not understand. She has/had a bookclub. How easy would it have been to promote it. I don’t follow any but I’m sure there are reading/fiction influencers and book clubs it would be the easiest thing to promote. Throw in a book signing or some competitions and job done. It would have been hardly any effort for maximum results, results that other publishers and authors would kill for. I don’t know why she did the books if she wasn’t bothered by them. Just more wasted opportunities.

I don’t know anything about publishing, if the book doesn’t perform, don’t you have to pay the advance back?

Reactions: 5
I know it’s a trend at the minute but her ears look bloody ridiculous with that many earrings in/with cuffs on. Her earlobes are looking droopy!
I was just about to post that!! Thank you!!

Also, why was she explaining chocolate to us and reading off the wrapper? How daft! :rolleyes:

Complains that she has no time to herself but ends the video saying she's going to take a long bath and have a relaxing evening? There's a night nanny/nurse for sure! :rolleyes:

Reactions: 15
And that’s another thing I just do not understand. She has/had a bookclub. How easy would it have been to promote it. I don’t follow any but I’m sure there are reading/fiction influencers and book clubs it would be the easiest thing to promote. Throw in a book signing or some competitions and job done. It would have been hardly any effort for maximum results, results that other publishers and authors would kill for. I don’t know why she did the books if she wasn’t bothered by them. Just more wasted opportunities.

I don’t know anything about publishing, if the book doesn’t perform, don’t you have to pay the advance back?
When the second book came out was lockdown rules still in place? if so that might have made it hard to do a book signing etc esp when pregnant. Do we think she will have another baby? I do because she will want a boy so she's got the 'perfect' family.

I was just about to post that!! Thank you!!

Also, why was she explaining chocolate to us and reading off the wrapper? How daft! :rolleyes:

Complains that she has no time to herself but ends the video saying she's going to take a long bath and have a relaxing evening? There's a night nanny/nurse for sure! :rolleyes:
Yeah her earlobes look like my husband’s great aunt’s which were practically touching her shoulders after abusing them with 80 years of Pat Butcher style clip ons. I have a few ear piercings, I’ve not changed any of them in months and some, years as it takes ages. She has plenty of time to faff around with that though.

However, minion opinion incoming, I’d definitely have a night nanny if I could afford it. My baby screams herself into hysteria unless she’s feeding or being held (and that doesn’t even always work) and it would be bliss to enjoy the days. Wouldn’t work if you’re breastfeeding though and she was before so maybe she doesn’t have one? Unless the night nanny wakes you up for a feed then takes the baby away to wind? You can see I’ve given this a lot of thought!

Reactions: 4
I wonder if her throat lump is her Thyroid! Would explain her pale skin and her eyebrows being bald places! I have an underactive thyroid and boy does it suck! I got diagnosed when my 2nd child was a baby and it was hard to parent! Had -100 energy! Once on the meds, it changed! Nice to see her mum is there and they seem more closer... I see Joe and Dianne are Australia - bet Alfies gutted LOL!

Reactions: 5
Yeah her earlobes look like my husband’s great aunt’s which were practically touching her shoulders after abusing them with 80 years of Pat Butcher style clip ons. I have a few ear piercings, I’ve not changed any of them in months and some, years as it takes ages. She has plenty of time to faff around with that though.

However, minion opinion incoming, I’d definitely have a night nanny if I could afford it. My baby screams herself into hysteria unless she’s feeding or being held (and that doesn’t even always work) and it would be bliss to enjoy the days. Wouldn’t work if you’re breastfeeding though and she was before so maybe she doesn’t have one? Unless the night nanny wakes you up for a feed then takes the baby away to wind? You can see I’ve given this a lot of thought!
I don't think any of us are saying we wouldn't have help but the fact is if they are they should be honest about it.

Reactions: 10

She, as in Zoe, doesn't have a book club. Zoella has a book club, and she's separated herself from Zoella, essentially decimating Zoella's reach. Zoella's book club did have the Magpie books as part of their book club, but again, only minions follow what Zoella says.

She's lazy, she's utterly, irredeemably lazy, that's just it. She could have done virtual signings, worked with the publisher or with her local Brighton bookstore to send people personalized copies if they preordered, she could have done giveaways, organized blog tours, she could have done virtual events. Scores of authors published books during the highest pandemic restrictions and they didn't just sit on their arse and claim "oh no, pandemic" or "oh no, maternity leave."

Zoe did the books because a) they probably paid her well and b) Amy was the one who really did the heavy lifting. Zoe named a character or two, gave some plot points, and took video of herself pretending to work.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.