Zoe Sugg #39 Smug as a Sugg in a gifted rug.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s actually a very old German name. It originates in old high German which was used 750-1050. Because at time the Ottonen (actually House Ludolfing) ruled as emperors and many of their men were called Otto, it’s a good bet that the female form got traction then. Not in fashion anymore but for some old peerage families (same goes for the male counterpart Otto). I will say, I snicker every time people come up with an English pronunciation. It just doesn’t work. Ottilie has 4 syllables O-tti-li-e and as i and e are almost pronounced the other way round the English way really grates my ears. I have seen it in France but their pronunciation works. The more common French version is Odile though.
I'm from Austria and therefore pronounce it the German way in my head and I really dont like the sound of it 😄 it's like you said a really old name and old fashioned

Reactions: 2
Some people are all about aesthetics and appearances. Someone I know only has their baby in beige and white to fit in with their Instagram 🤦‍♀️
I read the other day about how many people facetune their babies. Made me want to swiftly eject myself from this planet.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 31
I will say, I would have taken those Insta handles if I were them. The one fan account just hours after their announcement shows clearly that some people know no boundaries. I have no doubt someone would have tried to get the handles only to act as if it’s them. Those fan account are really creepy. Who does that?

Reactions: 22
I don't like the name, but Zoe was never going to give her child a 'normal' name, let's face it.

Reactions: 7
D426338E-514B-4D75-9CD2-18536216018F.png

Mark has just posted an IG story saying “laters, London” - do we think he’s visiting baby Ottilie?!

Reactions: 19
Have never heard the name Ottilie before. I love Rue, reminds me of Princess Tutu, but paired with Deyes it’s a bit of a strange choice.

Reactions: 1
Thread suggestion

Zoe Sugg #40: Otti-LIE is a cutie PIE but Paye Dayes is what we will know her BY.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I will say, I would have taken those Insta handles if I were them. The one fan account just hours after their announcement shows clearly that some people know no boundaries. I have no doubt someone would have tried to get the handles only to act as if it’s them. Those fan account are really creepy. Who does that?
10 year olds more than likely.... young fans have always been strange though back when they made fan pages for 1D (and I know some of you here deffo did that ;))

Reactions: 5
Have never heard the name Ottilie before. I love Rue, reminds me of Princess Tutu, but paired with Deyes it’s a bit of a strange choice.
Rue reminds me of the little girl that dies in Hunger Games. I used to always cry at that part.

Reactions: 8
10 year olds more than likely.... young fans have always been strange though back when they made fan pages for 1D (and I know some of you here deffo did that ;))
I thought it was young fans too, but I've just seen a screenshot of one of these accounts on another thread and the person running the account says they've been a fan since 2014. Which means they're probably in their 20s now. Bizarre.

Reactions: 8
View attachment 739437

Mark has just posted an IG story saying “laters, London” - do we think he’s visiting baby Ottilie?!
He normally drives to Zoe’s though, so train doesn’t make sense. Didn’t he recently ask for recommendations for Oxford?
Also in Alfie’s most recent blog, he seemed to make it clear it would only be his mum & dad along with Poppy & Sean who would be seeing them after the birth, I could’ve misunderstood 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 3
He normally drives to Zoe’s though, so train doesn’t make sense. Didn’t he recently ask for recommendations for Oxford?
Also in Alfie’s most recent blog, he seemed to make it clear it would only be his mum & dad along with Poppy & Sean who would be seeing them after the birth, I could’ve misunderstood 🤷🏼‍♀️
What about Zoe’s mum and sad and brother? It’s all so one sided

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Why would they only want Alfie's family visiting? Aren't the suggs just as important, I'm sure joe and Tracey would love to meet her along with dianne at some point

They have made a fuss out of all their friends and zoes 30th birthdays will they do the same for joe I wonder?

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Someone did this with Elle Darbys baby I think, it’s just bloody creepy. What an absolute weirdo you must be to set up an insta account for a ‘strangers’ child. That’s just wrong on so many levels

Reactions: 9
The weird elitism some people are feeling about birthing a child over have a c-section is so gross. "too posh to push" - outdated and smarmy view. Who cares how she delivered her baby, it changes nothing. You're no less of a mom because you had a c-section, a major surgery that takes 6 weeks to heal from. It's the same strange band of sad mommies that judge another mom for not breast feeding too.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.