Zoe Sugg #25 Thirty, dirty and still boring.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree, but like... this is her job. She's already miss two videos in 11 days because of... Nala? Come on. Film a bit and do a 7 minute video, not a 30 min long one.

It's maddening to think that she's my age.
I shouldn't be but sometimes I still find myself stunned at her awful work ethic. She wouldn't survive five minutes in the real world. We all struggle with things but we still have to get up and go to work in spite of a poorly dog, headaches or the weather being a bit crap. But with Zoe, she has become so spoiled and insulated from reality that she can get away with being as lazy as she wants and no one will tell her to snap out of it and grow up.

One of her vlogs last week had her spending her Wednesday morning in front of the fire watching I'm A Celebrity and editing her vlog. It's not exactly a hard life yet she can't manage to film short videos for twenty-four days where all she has to do is ramble inanely at the camera about her love of Christmas.

Reactions: 26
And she has had months to plan out something for each day of vlogmas, I’m sure she could have come up with something low maintenance to do while keeping an eye on nala. Too much effort though isn’t it to do both 🙄 imagine when or if her and aldie do have a baby!

Reactions: 17
I’ve said it before but I genuinely think it’s a possibility she could be depressed. There is literally no other way that she can be so lazy. Not doing her job for two days because her dog has the shits. Editing on the sofa for a couple hours out of her day and being exhausted.
It’s sad because even though she used to be open about her anxiety, she’d always get out and do stuff, and you could tell she enjoyed doing her job. She’s such an empty shell

Reactions: 41
I’ve said it before but I genuinely think it’s a possibility she could be depressed. There is literally no other way that she can be so lazy. Not doing her job for two days because her dog has the shits. Editing on the sofa for a couple hours out of her day and being exhausted.
It’s sad because even though she used to be open about her anxiety, she’d always get out and do stuff, and you could tell she enjoyed doing her job. She’s such an empty shell
Definitely. There are so many different dimensions to and experiences of depression. I’ve thought for a long while Zoe has some form of depression and Alfie does too... but because it doesn’t present as that debilitating sadness, they don’t recognize it.

Reactions: 27
I see here lots of you saying from time to time that it's her job and that we, who have normal jobs, cannot skip days like that. But she is rich and a freelancer. We just can't expect her to behave like one of us. If I had a chance, of course I would enjoy skipping days randomly. I'd love just taking free days whenever I feel like it. The only downside is that it shows she doesn't care about her viewers that much. The rest is fine, she can do whatever she wants. No paper says she has to vlog every day or whatever.

Reactions: 42
I see here lots of you saying from time to time that it's her job and that we, who have normal jobs, cannot skip days like that. But she is rich and a freelancer. We just can't expect her to behave like one of us. If I had a chance, of course I would enjoy skipping days randomly. I'd love just taking free days whenever I feel like it. The only downside is that it shows she doesn't care about her viewers that much. The rest is fine, she can do whatever she wants. No paper says she has to vlog every day or whatever.
Whilst this is a valid point, her whole shtick is vlogmas/Christmas and although she earns plenty doing other random things during the rest of the year, fans of hers, or people who enjoy her vlogmas, wait for her content at this time of year. Being freelance, she should be able to stick to 24 days. It doesn't even have to be 24 days of work, technically she could pre-record a lot of them. I wrote a list a few pages back of ideas and multiple of those could be done in a day but released separately and most people wouldn't even notice.

Yes taking a day off here or there is amazing as a freelancer, but you can also put in the work... but she does the absolute minimal, which I think most people have an annoyance with.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I agree, but like... this is her job. She's already miss two videos in 11 days because of... Nala? Come on. Film a bit and do a 7 minute video, not a 30 min long one.

She didn’t miss vlogging the day she had a bleeping shill sesh to do for that daft shampoo and Magpie tripe, did she?

Reactions: 24
I know someone mentioned it couple pages back but I really do think she would look so much better with lip filler, everytime I watch her I just look at her mouth and it annoys me!!! Her teeth are so big and long and her lips are so smol

• Haha
Reactions: 10

If you could maintain your lifestyle 'working' a day or two a week, would you?

Work to live, don't live to work... and live however you damn well want!

Reactions: 22
While I agree that it’s not an admirable trait to simply have to constantly work at all costs... and that ideally we’d all be able to take time when we need it and have more control over our schedules... for me the issue with Zoe is that she obviously needs structure and something to strive for. Instead, she’s been able to cultivate a world in which everything is convenient and while she will always have periodic “launches” (the book being one of them... all set up for her to just put her face on a product, all work done at her leisure at her house while she pets Nala), there is no real ambition or grit or determination in her.
She can push a “deadline” or randomly stop working when she feels like it and never needs to ‘push herself’ through something. Of course, it’s not a good thing to force yourself to work when you’re facing difficulties and we can acknowledge that. However, I honestly believe that Zoe creating this life where everything is just vaguely pleasant and works around her, has been detrimental to her. She just kind of keeps placating herself, day after day, and sometimes unpleasantness does bring rewards.

Reactions: 15

i think i saw someone say that videos have to be at least 10 minutes long to have ads so by putting out 30 minute videos, she's getting a lot of ad breaks on there..

Reactions: 10
I know someone mentioned it couple pages back but I really do think she would look so much better with lip filler, everytime I watch her I just look at her mouth and it annoys me!!! Her teeth are so big and long and her lips are so smol
Have to say this is one area I don’t agree with. I like the fact that Zoe (for all her faults) hasn’t succumbed to the trend for filler.

I absolutely hate this fakeness that seems to be mandatory for most influencers these days, with surgery or fillers of some kind. It’s so so unhealthy for young, impressionable followers to believe you should have to physically doctor yourself to achieve a certain look.

Zoe is a joke, but I’m so glad that this is one area she hasn’t strayed into.

• Heart
Reactions: 96
Zoe has more days off than days of work in a year! This isn’t a person who is flat out most of the time as it is and so deserves to have a fair few days off, she is off more than she works! Pick and chose when you work yes but at least when you do work make an effort and make it good!!!!

Reactions: 17
TBH she should just stop doing vlogmas if she cant be arsed to do it properly. Last decent one was 2018 been crap ever since.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Honestly wouldn’t surprise me, buzz and nala have been ill since they were puppies
Its because they are pugs. If they had done even the tiniest bit of research rather than just buying the breed that was on trend for the time they would be aware of how cruel it is that people keep breeding pugs despite how widely documented it is that the way they are bred dooms them to a life of medical issues and difficulty breathing.

Reactions: 33
Right, if I had more money than sense and didn’t need to work then I absolutely wouldn’t. However I wouldn’t be banging on to everyone I knew about how busy I was when I actually lay in bed til 11 watching movies and then pottered about the rest of the day. That’s the problem with her ‘work ethic’. She thinks she’s flat out busy, telling all of us who work full time how much she’s got to do and then she posts a photo on Instagram and calls it a day.

Couldn’t give a tit if she misses a day of vlogmas cause it’s boring as duck. It’s the fact she’s apparently so busy when she’s actually horizontal most of the day.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Yeah and bemoans when she does have to do anything vaguely work related when her work is cushty as hell to start with!!!

Reactions: 16
I shouldn't be but sometimes I still find myself stunned at her awful work ethic. She wouldn't survive five minutes in the real world. We all struggle with things but we still have to get up and go to work in spite of a poorly dog, headaches or the weather being a bit crap. But with Zoe, she has become so spoiled and insulated from reality that she can get away with being as lazy as she wants and no one will tell her to snap out of it and grow up.

One of her vlogs last week had her spending her Wednesday morning in front of the fire watching I'm A Celebrity and editing her vlog. It's not exactly a hard life yet she can't manage to film short videos for twenty-four days where all she has to do is ramble inanely at the camera about her love of Christmas.
10 years later and editing STILL takes her half the day and "overwhelms her"

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.