Zoe Sugg #21 Autumns coming Zoe's in her prime she's watching HP for the millionth time

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My boyfriend asked me to marry him after one year of dating. After two years of dating a man knows whether he wants to marry you or not.
I genuinely cannot understand how anyone could stay with a man for 7 YEARS without so much as a proposal.
Not everyone will agree but there’s just no way I would put up with that. I’d be gone after two.
To me, personally, that's a little harsh but each to their own. I do respect that you and your fiance are probably mature and responsible to take that next step like my partner and I. We've been together for 5 years although he hasn't proposed, we have started planning to have a family very soon. So every couple is different.

However, don't take it like I'm defending Zoe & Alfie because I'm not. He knows what she wants the last few years as she has been very vocal about it. He has been stringing her on (like the man-child/f-boy he is) and getting her hopes up numerous times on camera (I can't even imagine what he is like when the cameras aren't on). They are still mentally stuck in their late teens/early twenties as they haven't had the life experiences everyone else their age should experience.

I think Zoe is trying compensate by wanting marriage/kids with Alfie because she doesn't want to go through the trauma of breaking up with someone and having to try and find a partner when we all know she doesn't go outside because she is too cozy indoors. I think deep down she knows it's over but is in MAJOR denial and afraid that she will never get to experience all these moments. She is probably holding out for "he might change and mature soon" but hun, he's never going to. Man-child/f-boy's never ever change, pack them bags Z and leave. You have to respect yourself and take control of your own life rather than waiting on someone to mature. Both of them are as bad as each other.

Rant over! Sorry about that 🥴

This applies only if the parts want to get married. For some, a tangible legal commitment is essential, for some others it is unnecessary.

Personally I don't really care if Zoe and Alfie ever get married but judging by Zoe's constant clickbaiting, hints at ring-and-a-bump and the sheer thirst for a move from Alfie, I'd say she'd appreciate that tangible step forward. I wish she'd cut the cord and find the guts to actually meet someone who cares about her life plans and dreams but at this point I'd be more shocked if they broke up than they got engaged. I have a feeling they'll walk into an obligatory marriage and be miserable for the sake of branding
Totally agree with you!

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Talking about autumn, years ago I really loved her content during this time of the year. In my country Halloween wasn't a thing really back then, so Zoe kind of made autumn more of an interesting season with all the pumpkins, Halloween festivities, hot drinks etc. She really made autumn feel cosier and more special somehow.

But ahh I don't know if this works anymore as the content is literally the same from year to year. I remember waiting for the Halloween video where they went to this scary farm, but even this is same every year.

One thing I got from Zoe is the walking around shops and looking at seasonal things. Except... I never buy anything.🤣🤣

Reactions: 7
Maybe I'm nitpicking here, but doesn't the phrase "this side of covid" imply that covid is over?

• Sick
Reactions: 28
To me, personally, that's a little harsh but each to their own. I do respect that you and your fiance are probably mature and responsible to take that next step like my partner and I. We've been together for 5 years although he hasn't proposed, we have started planning to have a family very soon. So every couple is different.

However, don't take it like I'm defending Zoe & Alfie because I'm not. He knows what she wants the last few years as she has been very vocal about it. He has been stringing her on (like the man-child/f-boy he is) and getting her hopes up numerous times on camera (I can't even imagine what he is like when the cameras aren't on). They are still mentally stuck in their late teens/early twenties as they haven't had the life experiences everyone else their age should experience.
I also (and I'm not defending them here but hear me out) think that the age you get together has a lot to do with it. The younger you are, the more you have to go through to become your own person still, so with Zoe and Alfie I wouldn't have said a year - they would still have been very young then, but I do think there's an obvious disconnect in their communication around it because she clearly wants a ring and a bump while he doesn't.

An example: my two best friends, one met her husband at nineteen and was engaged six years in, and one met hers at twenty seven and was engaged a year and a half in. Zoe and Alfie were young when they got together, so I understand why it wasn't super quick, but it does feel like he's dragging it out now.

Reactions: 27
It’s supposed to be in excess of 26 degrees for at least the first part of next week. THAT’S NOT VERY AUTUMNAL! You can’t be putting Instagram autumn leaves in 26 degree heat on an instastory. Just pack it in with the bleeping up of seasons, Zoella. It’s still damn summer!
She's probably just slow roasting them for all the pumpkin based recipes she's going to pretend to make in October.

oh she's annoying, isn't she?!
Unrelated....love Shitfaced Shakespeare! But yeah, there appears to be an impending second wave (expected) and the number of local lockdown impending seems to be increasing. It's not really over, but the majority who appear to be less at risk don't care about the minority who would be at severe risk. It's over for people like her.

Reactions: 5

What is she going on about. We’re having one of the worst spikes on covid so far!
I really hate the way she’ll be encouraging her younger followers to think that way -

also, why do her hands literally always look like pigs trotters? For someone so slim she really does have swollen hands and ankles

• Haha
Reactions: 24

Have they swapped coats or something? Hers looks very big for her and his looks like he stole it from her because it is quite short on his arms.

Their faces look very shiny and her face looks quite bloated that it's hard to recognise her.

He's probably (definitely) sniffing her thinking "oh smells like sewage must be day 8"

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I also (and I'm not defending them here but hear me out) think that the age you get together has a lot to do with it. The younger you are, the more you have to go through to become your own person still, so with Zoe and Alfie I wouldn't have said a year - they would still have been very young then, but I do think there's an obvious disconnect in their communication around it because she clearly wants a ring and a bump while he doesn't.

An example: my two best friends, one met her husband at nineteen and was engaged six years in, and one met hers at twenty seven and was engaged a year and a half in. Zoe and Alfie were young when they got together, so I understand why it wasn't super quick, but it does feel like he's dragging it out now.
This! My boyfriend & I started dating when I was 18, now I'm 25, so 7 years ago. An engagement one or two years later would've been wayyy too early for us. We're still not engaged, but we talk about our future a lot & I feel like that's something Zoe & Alfie don't do... or Alfie just doesn't care about Zoe's wishes, & that'd be really sad cause she literally said her worst nightmare is not having kids.

Reactions: 14
I think her whole "ring-and-a-bump" song is weird. The way she would chirp on with that specification made it feel more like she was hoping to achieve a certain status, and that she viewed a baby as an accessory, more than actually wanting marriage and a child for the purposes of the relationships and other human(s) involved.

Nothing she says comes across as real...other than maybe her odd Autumnal obsession, but that's just strange.

Reactions: 12
She's probably just slow roasting them for all the pumpkin based recipes she's going to pretend to make in October.

Unrelated....love Shitfaced Shakespeare! But yeah, there appears to be an impending second wave (expected) and the number of local lockdown impending seems to be increasing. It's not really over, but the majority who appear to be less at risk don't care about the minority who would be at severe risk. It's over for people like her.
This pandemic has proven that there are a lot of selfish or in the UK

I think her whole "ring-and-a-bump" song is weird. The way she would chirp on with that specification made it feel more like she was hoping to achieve a certain status, and that she viewed a baby as an accessory, more than actually wanting marriage and a child for the purposes of the relationships and other human(s) involved.

Nothing she says comes across as real...other than maybe her odd Autumnal obsession, but that's just strange.
She’d definitely use a baby as an Instagram prop

Reactions: 10
Oh FFS, Zoe!
Screenshot_20200912-160151.jpg

They're not great questions 🙄

Screenshot_20200912-160238.jpg

🙄

Screenshot_20200912-160241.jpg

Zoe, just come up with your own ideas and post what you want. Stop thinking about likes all the time and having a theme.

Reactions: 16
Unpop opinion -
I think Zoe looks very pretty in the selfie with Alf in the park,
and the pic in London with the guy from Rizzle Kicks

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.