Zoe Sugg #20 You can take Zoe out the not-mansion but you can’t take the not-mansion out of Zoe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Alfie wasn't comfortable with Jonathan whoring the kids out for money
It was very much a Gleam-pushed friendship, I think. They also stopped hanging out around the time when the Saccone-Jolys had some scandal of sorts, I don't really follow them so don't know specifics, maybe when Anna said she'd had an ED all this time or smth? I also can't help but feel that Alfie probably didn't want Zoe hanging out around a family with a bunch of kids and getting ideas...

Reactions: 13
If you have a link to more info about this could you DM me if that's possible, or if not post here (I hope people wouldn't mind)? I have OCD and am interested in learning more about the role - I haven't heard about it before.

It’s also worth looking at NHS jobs and indeed as well as they often advertise NHS roles. It’s something a lot of MH trusts are rolling out and is growing all the time. The roles are often paid part time but you can transition into HCA/MH support worker roles with options to get your degree in psychiatric nursing or assistant practitioner qualifications!

it’s a really good route to go down as your Work with clients is so authentic- you know what they’re going through and can be a role model for recovery! It’s also a really good experience as someone with issues as I’ve learned so much about how to deal with my own stuff.

Good luck!!

That’s great that you got into mental health work using your own experience. I feel this is exactly the kind of thing Zoe could do if she is genuinely interested in mental health careers and helping others. But we all know she won’t as that would involve effort!!
Thanks! Its one of the best things I ever did, taking that chance. It’s changed my life and given me direction and a vocation.
I think that’s why Zoe’s stuff has bothered me enough to comment. All the opportunities to really do something and all we see is pictures of pumpkins and ads for overpriced shampoos!!

• Heart
Reactions: 15

It’s also worth looking at NHS jobs and indeed as well as they often advertise NHS roles. It’s something a lot of MH trusts are rolling out and is growing all the time. The roles are often paid part time but you can transition into HCA/MH support worker roles with options to get your degree in psychiatric nursing or assistant practitioner qualifications!

it’s a really good route to go down as your Work with clients is so authentic- you know what they’re going through and can be a role model for recovery! It’s also a really good experience as someone with issues as I’ve learned so much about how to deal with my own stuff.

Good luck!!
Thank you so much; I will definitely look into this.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
It was very much a Gleam-pushed friendship, I think. They also stopped hanging out around the time when the Saccone-Jolys had some scandal of sorts, I don't really follow them so don't know specifics, maybe when Anna said she'd had an ED all this time or smth? I also can't help but feel that Alfie probably didn't want Zoe hanging out around a family with a bunch of kids and getting ideas...
I'm sure Gleam pushed for the friendship but didn't Zoe watch them years before they met? They also watched the kids when Anna had miscarriage and I don't think you'd call fake friend in that moment.

Reactions: 17
I find it really interesting that the quarantine and pandemic did not cause her anxiety attacks. Perhaps that is because she stays at home most of the time anyway.

She says no plans to get another dog right now, but she and Alfie have always envisioned getting another dog when they have small children... plural. So she still wants kids with him...yikes.
I have OCD and anxiety and ngl it upset me reading that. My mental health has been dragged through the mud in lockdown. I understand my triggers are health/illness/cleanliness thus pandemic related but I find it quite hard to believe that NONE of hers are related in anyway. Like what are they then... having to leave your house to work? I don’t mean to be insensitive but it always seemed like she just peppered in the anxiety card when it got her out of doing an event. The fact that she’s had a therapist who she sees for a) a much longer time than you’d usually see the same therapist and b) she communicated with over Skype makes her seem like some spoilt rich girl who yes suffered with panic attacks but has since naturally dealt with them and is now just surrounded by yes people who let her use it as an excuse to be lazy and act like the world revolves around her.

I mean no offense to any of you and I’m not trying to down play mental illness. I think I’m just being bitter because it’s affected me so badly and it’s tit to see someone be like yeah I’ve been fine!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I have OCD and anxiety and ngl it upset me reading that. My mental health has been dragged through the mud in lockdown. I understand my triggers are health/illness/cleanliness thus pandemic related but I find it quite hard to believe that NONE of hers are related in anyway. Like what are they then... having to leave your house to work? I don’t mean to be insensitive but it always seemed like she just peppered in the anxiety card when it got her out of doing an event. The fact that she’s had a therapist who she sees for a) a much longer time than you’d usually see the same therapist and b) she communicated with over Skype makes her seem like some spoilt rich girl who yes suffered with panic attacks but has since naturally dealt with them and is now just surrounded by yes people who let her use it as an excuse to be lazy and act like the world revolves around her.

I mean no offense to any of you and I’m not trying to down play mental illness. I think I’m just being bitter because it’s affected me so badly and it’s tit to see someone be like yeah I’ve been fine!
I understand feeling bitter about people having easier times when you’ve struggled (really), but yes actually it is entirely plausible that someone’s anxiety centres mainly around leaving the house and being in public spaces. And therefore lockdown could even be weirdly enjoyable for those people who suddenly aren’t expected to have to go anywhere and suddenly others are also afraid to go out. I also imagine that months of that for Zoe (not being expected to leave the house) will end up potentially exacerbating her anxiety when she’s expected to go out again.

Reactions: 27

I'm really sorry to hear that lockdown has made your anxiety worse, it truly has messed with a lot of people's mental health. It is definitely possible that Zoe is telling the truth, she's a homebody and it makes sense that going out is what makes her anxious. I don't suffer from anxiety but lock down has brought my stress levels down a ton, long work hours at the office and commuting were killing me, this has been a break and helped me out lots. People have different things that can affect their mental health, I hope you're doing alright and that things go back to normal for you soon!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I don’t think it’s unbelievable or surprising that Zoe didn’t experience any increased anxiety during lockdown. Her anxiety seems to be around things outside of her comfort zone. Travelling, meeting people, running into fans, big events etc. Lockdown was just Zoe’s dream day on repeat, cosy days at home with a permanent excuse to be unproductive. Plus Alfie couldn’t make plans so he had to be home with her.
She experienced basically no negatives during lockdown.

Reactions: 28

This was like reading inside my mind, I’m in the exact same boat as you.

I’d also like to point out because some people are disagreeing with you, (I can’t remember where this was, I can try and find it) but Zoe has specifically said in the past that sickness is one of her big triggers. So naturally I’d also assume it could’ve been affected during lockdown (especially as she broke the rules too)

Edit: I’m just rewatching her “travel anxiety tips” video and she mentions how she doesn’t like things that aren’t in her control and feeling trapped as well. Obviously to a normal person, this would be triggered by quarantine but I’m sure she doesn’t even realise living it out in a massive house with lots of land is extremely different to the average house/flat.
Also in this video she says how she finds travelling so much easier now but doesn’t mention the fact that that’s probably 90% down to her being able to afford business class with her own private bed 🙄

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I understand feeling bitter about people having easier times when you’ve struggled (really), but yes actually it is entirely plausible that someone’s anxiety centres mainly around leaving the house and being in public spaces. And therefore lockdown could even be weirdly enjoyable for those people who suddenly aren’t expected to have to go anywhere and suddenly others are also afraid to go out. I also imagine that months of that for Zoe (not being expected to leave the house) will end up potentially exacerbating her anxiety when she’s expected to go out again.
I totally get this! The point I was trying to make is that she specifically said none of her triggers were related to it. If leaving the house or crowds was a trigger, I would expect her to have worded it differently and said “my triggers were actually helped by lockdown” rather than implying that she was no affected at all be it negatively or positively!

Also thank you everyone who has said kind replies ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 8

I'm sorry to hear lockdown has made your anxiety worse, I truly can't imagine how awful that must be. I hope you're doing well now!
My anxiety disorder was caused by a break in a few years back and so the only major trigger for me is leaving my house empty with nobody in, maybe some weird noises in an old building but that's about it. It's a very niche situation but it does happen, and I'm sure from videos where she's discussed it, Zoe's anxiety centres around being in crowds.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Alfies got that face where I just know he's going to not age well. When he looses his hair and puts on weight, eek! Will be interesting.

Reactions: 17
He keeps going on about his investment projects...thanks for letting us know aldie, it doesn’t matter the country, business, families are going to the wall, as long as you’re alright...you complete tit!

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I'm sure Gleam pushed for the friendship but didn't Zoe watch them years before they met? They also watched the kids when Anna had miscarriage and I don't think you'd call fake friend in that moment.
I mean, hadn't the Saccone-Jolys just moved to London? They likely didn't have a lot of friends, real or otherwise. And maybe for them it was a real friendship, but it sure didn't seem so from Zoe's side, judging by how fast she dropped them.

Reactions: 4
He keeps going on about his investment projects...thanks for letting us know aldie, it doesn’t matter the country, business, families are going to the wall, as long as you’re alright...you complete tit!
I saw somewhere he’s getting a camper van? Like Joe’s? Still trying to win Dianne over it seems Lol

• Haha
Reactions: 16
[/QUOTE]
I saw somewhere he’s getting a camper van? Like Joe’s? Still trying to win Dianne over it seems Lol
Seriously, does he not have enough things that he never uses. He never leaves Brighton unless to go to Chewton Glen, what in Gods name does he want a camper van for. So he camp in his garden, so he doesn't have to go to his woodland?

As for the Saccone-Joly rift. I believe Alfie & Zoe fell out with them cause they were kissing in the garden when they were having a get together & Johnathon included it in the vlog. Alfie & Zoe got annoyed cause they had never filmed themselves kissing in vlogs or any other videos & that was the end of the friendship.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.