Zoe Sugg #20 You can take Zoe out the not-mansion but you can’t take the not-mansion out of Zoe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
May someone on here be so kind to explain why they think Aldie doesn’t like Zoe’s family? I’m new to this thread and just came across this
It's not that he doesn't like them. He's a man-child who doesn't understand you have to make effort to build a relationship with partner's family and rather looks like it's mandatory time for him. Basically Alfie's bored expression every time they hang out with her family. He comes only at Christmas for a 2 day trip max or a big celebration like her grandpa's 80th and even that time he came one day later than Zoe. She doesn't really visit her family that often either which is a shame since it's not that far away but when she does during year it's either with Joe,Mark or alone. It's sad really, he doesn't seem to build relationship with her parents when Zoe makes such an effort with his.
edit: Correct me, if I'm wrong but I don't think they went to visit her family last Christmas at all. I hate that she makes such a big deal out of going there when it's like a 3 hour max drive?

Reactions: 21
It's not that he doesn't like them. He's a man-child who doesn't understand you have to make effort to build a relationship with partner's family and rather looks like it's mandatory time for him. Basically Alfie's bored expression every time they hang out with her family. He comes only at Christmas for a 2 day trip max or a big celebration like her grandpa's 80th and even that time he came one day later than Zoe. She doesn't really visit her family that often either which is a shame since it's not that far away but when she does during year it's either with Joe,Mark or alone. It's sad really, he doesn't seem to build relationship with her parents when Zoe makes such an effort with his.
edit: Correct me, if I'm wrong but I don't think they went to visit her family last Christmas at all. I hate that she makes such a big deal out of going there when it's like a 3 hour max drive?
They did visit her family last Christmas it was in her vlog

Reactions: 6
She went for Christmas last year (2019) but didn’t go the previous year (2018) because I think Alfie had a headache or stomachache or something ridiculous. She ended up giving her dad his Christmas presents in JUNE when she saw him next, I think for Fathers Day🤦‍♀️

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
Imo you can’t exactly blame Alfie for not making a massive effort with Zoe’s family when she doesn’t make any effort herself!

Reactions: 15
Imo you can’t exactly blame Alfie for not making a massive effort with Zoe’s family when she doesn’t make any effort herself!
But maybe he's the reason that she doesn't. Maybe she's a bit embarrassed of him. Or maybe he has influenced her over the years to not be bothered about her own family. Not making excuses for her though

Reactions: 18
But maybe he's the reason that she doesn't. Maybe she's a bit embarrassed of him. Or maybe he has influenced her over the years to not be bothered about her own family. Not making excuses for her though
I think there’s definitely issues for Zoe relating to her parents divorce (we only saw her mothers new husband/partner since Dianne started visiting, Dianne is very family orientated) I also think her dad don’t like Aldie. But for me one of the main reasons she don’t bother much with them is Aldie has manipulated her away from them and make his family all important.

Reactions: 27
It not surprising there’s tension between Alfie & Joe, he must feel envy for how Joe has managed to successfully break free from YT. Joe takes risks, gets out of his comfort zone and isn’t afraid of hard work, Alfie’s like a pothead living off a rich girlfriend. But then talentless slackers will always just remain on YT or Instagram.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
It not surprising there’s tension between Alfie & Joe, he must feel envy for how Joe has managed to successfully break free from YT. Joe takes risks, gets out of his comfort zone and isn’t afraid of hard work, Alfie’s like a pothead living off a rich girlfriend. But then talentless slackers will always just remain on YT or Instagram.
Alfie starts 20383 projets and doesn’t stick to them and Joe has a work ethic from having regular job before youtube.

Reactions: 31
Also it’s weird Dianne has probably visited her family more since being with Joe than Zoe has. Not counting when her mom comes for visit. Zoe seemed so close with her dad few years ago and now she never shows him visiting. I’m curious if he doesn’t want to be on a camera at all now or just doesn’t come to Brighton.

Reactions: 15
Was there anything that happened between Zoe and her dad (that we know of)? I remember when I watched her years ago, she seemed so close to dad. Even when she moved at first they still seemed close. Suddenly she just stopped talking about him, mentioning him, visiting him (or at least stopped talking about it when she did), and pretty much just started talking about her mom. I used to watch her quite regularly and I don't remember anything big happening between them, but it was just strange. I'm thinking maybe something did happen that we have no knowledge of, but I was just wondering if anyone had any idea or guesses.

Reactions: 7
Was there anything that happened between Zoe and her dad (that we know of)? I remember when I watched her years ago, she seemed so close to dad. Even when she moved at first they still seemed close. Suddenly she just stopped talking about him, mentioning him, visiting him (or at least stopped talking about it when she did), and pretty much just started talking about her mom. I used to watch her quite regularly and I don't remember anything big happening between them, but it was just strange. I'm thinking maybe something did happen that we have no knowledge of, but I was just wondering if anyone had any idea or guesses.
I think I remember someone on an earlier thread suggesting her dad has issues with Alfie. I’m inclined to believe it and would perhaps explain why there appears to be tension between Alfie and Joe. I think the theory was that her dad had told her Alfie was basically a waste of space and using her for her name etc and it fell on deaf ears.

Reactions: 24
Is it just me or she was acting a bit weird in the vlog? Maybe this is just her normal personality but she seemed way more serious than usual. She kinda seemed bored when presenting the products, she could have at least included shots of them and opened them to show what the candle or notebook actually looked like. It just felt off. She was clearly more interested in the mascaras and the tampons than the Etsy products.

Reactions: 14
Is it just me or she was acting a bit weird in the vlog? Maybe this is just her normal personality but she seemed way more serious than usual. She kinda seemed bored when presenting the products, she could have at least included shots of them and opened them to show what the candle or notebook actually looked like. It just felt off. She was clearly more interested in the mascaras and the tampons than the Etsy products.
She said she wasn't feeling motivated. Those cushions look like something you would pick up in Ikea for £3. She was only showing them because she was told to.

Reactions: 11
She said she wasn't feeling motivated. Those cushions look like something you would pick up in Ikea for £3. She was only showing them because she was told to.
It was almost like she'd been on here this morning calling her out for not doing a vlog showing off the products.

Hiya Zoe 👋

• Haha
Reactions: 6
It was almost like she'd been on here this morning calling her out for not doing a vlog showing off the products.

Hiya Zoe 👋
Haha yeah what a coincidence!!!

To show them so half-heartedly is a piss take too, does she actually enjoy anything she does for ‘work’!

Reactions: 8
She's annoyed me instantly by saying the ceramic mugs have a "varnish" on them. She's supposed to be working with these makers, surely she'd know its called a glaze? Feels a bit insulting and blasé to the craft. I guess I shouldn't be surprised though, she's lazy.

Reactions: 17
She's annoyed me instantly by saying the ceramic mugs have a "varnish" on them. She's supposed to be working with these makers, surely she'd know its called a glaze? Feels a bit insulting and blasé to the craft. I guess I shouldn't be surprised though, she's lazy.
She was so incredibly disrespectful to the independent owners of the business. Its the "varnish" on those mugs which makes them stand out. She couldn't make it more obvious she doesn't give a tit about range

Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.