Zanna Van Dijk

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just catching up on the thread here - when she slashed the price of her book/plan what ever it is, had she ever even sold it for the original price? Because i'm pretty sure if it was never realistically sold at the original price that's not allowed and she should be reported to trading standards.....
I think it’s a collection of loads of different people’s books, 60 I think. Bought individually, I can imagine they’d cost £1k.

(I’ve assumed you mean the latest thing she’s promoting btw. Sorry if you meant something else)

Guys, Zanna has explained she isnt using the Australian fires to increase sales LOL. We know you are, just donate or tell ppl to donate, why bring in sales? Just donate the boring way you know! Get off your high horse Rosanna, you're nothing but a fraud

Reactions: 6
Guys, Zanna has explained she isnt using the Australian fires to increase sales LOL. We know you are, just donate or tell ppl to donate, why bring in sales? Just donate the boring way you know! Get off your high horse Rosanna, you're nothing but a fraud
I literally can’t see it any other way. I’m also strongly opposed to people who exclaim their donations to appear to be a “good person”. Donating to something should be selfless and private, not a bragging right. All she does is brag brag brag. Sick to my back teeth of her and her inability to see there is anything wrong with her approach. She just doesn’t think how others may receive her message. She cannot think outside of her own head. She probably thinks she’s just this empowered, ballsy, outspoken woman. On the contrary, she’s a boring self-centred narcissist. She’s been called out for her approach but can’t see that anyone else has a point. I refer to my earlier post from the Doc 🙄

Reactions: 4
Completely agree. She preaches self belief etc but always is so defensive about her 'pure intentions'. She doesn't understand that a real impact she could make is reducing her flights and maybe even get a proper job working in sustainability. She is acting like such a spoiled brat with her 'why doesn't everyone worship me' rhetoric.

Reactions: 2
Oh, someone has called her out on her underhanded ways, 😂 😂 😂 she still doesn't get it though.

Was it a Tatteler I wonder? Either way, well done, I'm guessing whoever you are she has blocked you 🤣
Thing is, commenting on her Instagram is exhausting because every time you post something she doesn’t like you get blocked then have to make another account and email address blah blah. She has every right to block someone granted, but it then makes people turn to this type of forum which clearly upsets her. If she just addressed criticism with a valid viewpoint fine. Also plenty of her other followers/commenters would come out in her favour no doubt. What she doesn’t want though is someone with a modicum of validity making her followers think, hang on a minute, they have a point. So instead she applies censorship to create this perfect little bubble where Zanna is the centre of the universe spreading love and happiness. Delusional!

Reactions: 6
I literally can’t see it any other way. I’m also strongly opposed to people who exclaim their donations to appear to be a “good person”. Donating to something should be selfless and private, not a bragging right. All she does is brag brag brag.
Linking the sales of your product with charitable support is called cause-related marketing. It’s been around for decades and loads of companies do it. I honestly don’t see why she’s getting so much tit for it... Pampers do it, Asda, Innocent Smoothies, The Body Shop, literally loads of companies

Re: donating being private and not a bragging right, the Mrs Hinch thread has been criticising her lack of charity over Xmas, with Australia etc. A nutritionist I follow got a DM asking him for information about everything he does for charity/good causes because he seems arrogant for posting that he was paying to take his staff on a retreat to Mexico.

I guess if you don’t like someone, they just can’t win whatever they do.

Linking the sales of your product with charitable support is called cause-related marketing. It’s been around for decades and loads of companies do it. I honestly don’t see why she’s getting so much tit for it... Pampers do it, Asda, Innocent Smoothies, The Body Shop, literally loads of companies

Re: donating being private and not a bragging right, the Mrs Hinch thread has been criticising her lack of charity over Xmas, with Australia etc. A nutritionist I follow got a DM asking him for information about everything he does for charity/good causes because he seems arrogant for posting that he was paying to take his staff on a retreat to Mexico.

It’s about how it’s done. The IG account Estee Laundry has been showing examples of both. Directly linking donations to sales/engagement is always going to feel crass at best.

Attachments

Last edited:
It’s about how it’s done. The IG account Estee Laundry has been showing examples of both. Directly linking donations to sales/engagement is always going to feel crass at best.
Making a fixed donation (like the Body Shop example there) and cause-related marketing are different things though. If the Body Shop linked the donation to one of their high-selling products, they might have ended up donating more than $25k

Oh, someone has called her out on her underhanded ways, 😂 😂 😂 she still doesn't get it though.

Was it a Tatteler I wonder? Either way, well done, I'm guessing whoever you are she has blocked you 🤣
Thing is why wouldn’t people expect the worst when she charged people for a walk?

Reactions: 3

Oh hi Zanna 😂😂😂

Zanna isn’t a multi million dollar company. She’s a hypocritical blogger from Yorkshire.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Who said anything about the size of the company? Any company can use cause-related marketing. It’s literally just another form of marketing... 🤷🏻‍♀️
Big brands do it as part of their CSR strategies and mission statements and because they can afford to donate a percentage of sales which would take place anyway (as per your £25k example). A straight up donation is usually made followed by a percentage of further sales going to the same place. There’s nothing wrong with her encouraging people to donate as others have said but Zanna doing this looks like jumping on a bandwagon to benefit herself first rather than the cause. It’s the perception that is bad not the action.

Well you can’t blame me for assuming. This is not the right place to come and defend her actions now is it. Here we have a group that finds nothing she does of actual value. Her Instagram comments section is the place for you to go and kiss her arse. I promise you 100% you won’t get blocked there 🙄

Reactions: 1
Big brands do it as part of their CSR strategies and mission statements and because they can afford to donate a percentage of sales which would take place anyway (as per your £25k example). A straight up donation is usually made followed by a percentage of further sales going to the same place.
That’s a mix of cause-related marketing and sponsorship/donation. Any company can say ‘for every one of this specific product sold we’ll donate £x to ‘named charity’. Lush literally have the ‘charity‘ lip balm pot as an example. That’s all she’s doing; from any sales of that specific product, she’ll donate £1 of her share of the profit to a charity.

Well you can’t blame me for assuming. This is not the right place to come and defend her actions now is it. Here we have a group that finds nothing she does of actual value. Her Instagram comments section is the place for you to go and kiss her arse. I promise you 100% you won’t get blocked there 🙄
I’m not interested in kissing anyone’s arse, ta. I just think that there are plenty of things you can criticise her for but donating to charity probably isn’t one of them.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.