Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

HereWeGoAgain101

VIP Member
I don’t know how all the stats work, but do the blocked followers still count in their tally of total followers? Considering how many are blocked a day, the numbers aren’t going down. (And also very suspect, shouldn’t there be a column in red of ‘unfollowed’? Is she block-happy to avoid these?)
There’s only one column that shows overall positive or negative movement per day. Funny thing is last month almost every day was a red negative number. Just weird now that there are no negatives there. Bottom line, half her followers are bought - sad cow!

Reactions: 1

HereWeGoAgain101

VIP Member
I can't believe she's now posting about intermittent fasting. Basically she's gone to Amsterdam and ate food, and now essentially dangerously crash dieting. Think this is the worst thing she has done, so damaging
I couldn't agree more. It's so irresponsible. She jumps on any bandwagon going. There are people watching her probably with serious issues and will follow along. This girl is an uneducated promoter of utter shite! Totally irresponsible and grasping at engagement any way she can. Her answer to being called out, don't look. Makes me sick!

There is no physical need to fast unless a qualified medical person says so. All this flitting between fads is just wrong!
She will do anything for attention. The ultimate narcissist with no regard for the effects it can have on her followers. She is so not qualified to preach this tripe. It's dangerous.

Ilikethisname

She is constantly bigging herself up and patting herself on the back for all the great work she does and how much she "gives back" to her fans. I feel similar to you, I really used to like her, and I want to like her - she's a bit weird, she's not particularly good looking, and she has a very annoying voice and speech impediment. All things that I think actually make her quite likeable, are endearing qualities in some ways, and which are some of the reasons I'm really rooting for her - she's not a super polished barbie doll.

I think one of her biggest issues is she constantly refers to any criticism as 'trolling'. I've liked so many of her posts in the past, although don't tend to like them now, and have never left a negative or even questioning comment on anything she's posted. I joined this forum because I'm super eco conscious (sorry for patting myself on the back here but at least I don't have a blog or run an instagram telling everyone how great I am) and it is really disheartening and frustrating to see someone constantly representing sustainability so poorly.

There are of course tonnes of bloggers out there doing very damaging things to the environment, and yes, I think they really need to change their behaviour, but at least they aren't misrepresenting what it is to be sustainable.

Her latest blog post admits her hypocrisy, and that is a good, honest thing to be clear about. I totally agree with her - we don't need a handful of people to do things perfectly, we need billions of people doing sustainability imperfectly.

HOWEVER, there is a big difference between what is imperfect for the average person (buying food in plastic because they don't live near a farmer's market or can't get to a refill shop and perhaps taking one short-haul flight a year on holiday or to see family) and Zanna's level of 'imperfection' which is taking many flights per month and still trying to present herself as a sustainability blogger. I get that people need to travel for work, sometimes it's unavoidable, and there will be a lot of people (myself included) who sometimes have to fly for work when I would much rather take the train but time and money just don't allow for it.

The difference is that I'm not encouraging 287K people to also fly as much as I do. I'm not posting endless pictures and 'guides' on a website and Instagram page that aim to get other people to book unsustainable flights. Most people travelling for work aren't asking 10 people to come with them on a 'retreat', they're just quietly doing their thing. It doesn't matter if they all pick up 10 pieces of rubbish whilst they're there - it pails in comparison to the emissions from their flights. Why can't she do retreats in the UK or nearby countries? And then encourage only the people who can travel there sustainably to join her?

I think she has fundamentally misunderstood the impact that her advocacy for unsustainable and frivolous travel has on the environment. She tries to talk about sustainability whilst encouraging as many people as possible to take unsustainable and damaging actions. That's absolutely not the same level as most normal people's imperfections. And trying to claim that she's still being sustainable in her life will make so many thousands of people following her think that it's okay for them to take 20+ flights a year as long as they buy an organic fruit and veg box. At least the bloggers not even talking about sustainability aren't pretending that they are somehow saviours of the planet.

I think if her travel blogging was worthwhile then I wouldn't feel quite as strongly. Say it had a real focus on the socio-political context of a region, was actually educational or informative, or really delved into the culture of a location rather than just being a photo opportunity and another destination ticked off the list. But she writes really banal 'guides' with all of the same info that you could find anywhere else online.

Does anyone else think both Sea Shepherd and the Rainforest Alliance have been duped into having her as an ambassador? Her actions and values just don't align with them at all. How can she possibly be a credible advocate for them?

Sorry for the long rant! Just someone feeling incredibly disheartened by the lack of care that so many 'eco-influencers' really have for the planet and how damaging this is going to be in the long run for everyone.
I think this speaks for a lot of us. As I've said before I think her aimless attempts to gain engagement such as the IF challenge are very dangerous and shouldn't fit with her as brand.

Greencatfysh

VIP Member
Guys I forgot to update on here after I messaged her. SHARING MY TRUTH.
For some crazy reason she didn’t block me. But I did then block her cause I couldn’t be bothered to have her face appear on my insta anymore 🤷🏼‍♀️
Hahaha the seriously passive aggressive amount of hearts at the end 😂 can she not articulate herself more than that?

HereWeGoAgain101

VIP Member
And she's off ✈, guessed it would of been soon as she's been home for a couple of weeks, far too long without a flight.

And she wonders why people don't like her, because YOUR A FUCKING HYPOCRITE & LIAR, urghh so horrible.
C U next Tuesday Zanna! 😂 She’s hysterical. Just a joke now. Adidas saw through her shit, she’s on a downward spiral. When you have to buy followers, wake up girl, nobody cares but your haters (critiques) and the reason we watch is to see you go down.
Another couple hundred down in the last few days, better go on a buying spree...
183C235A-8CFE-441E-A82E-3F43613944AD.jpeg

We can all recognise it, why can’t you 😂😂

• Heart

Dassie

She seems to show a lot of various reusable coffee cups and water flasks doesn’t she? Which is far worse for the environment than single use throwaway cups. Research varies but I believe you have to use a reusable vessel solidly for at least a year to break even on the environmental impact.

I’ve had a KeepCup (glass with the cork band) for 6-7 years now, use it daily and it’s going strong.
Same i love my keep cup.... isnt it like the tote bags everyone says are better for the environment, but you need to use for like 10 years or something to ofset the impact.

Well like stay wild swim i don't get their ethos.... like literally no one ever would need a beach bag.. swimwear is worn a maximum of like 2 weeks a year, you know all these videos of how to wear items 5 different ways, create swimwear/gymwear gym tops that can be worn with jeans and cardigan, travel and fitness closes to minimise the use of space in a suitcase.

god i hate giving out ideas as that will now be the next thing available on StayWild but thats products that will benefit people

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
Long time lurker first time poster but what I’ve seen on Facebook today made my eyes roll back so far 😱😱 I joined the “living consciously” Facebook group when I liked Zanna and thought she was doing some good, and there’s now a million comments on there comparing her to some kind of saint
Wow the irony of someone in a ‘living consciously’ fb group who is blindly supporting a hypocritical eco blogger pushing fast fashion with a carbon footprint higher than 98% of people on the planet.

Pinchme

VIP Member
I cracked 🙈 Cannot believe the hypocrisy here
Well done, 👏
Let us know how long it takes her to block you, my guess is less than 5mins 😂 😂 😂

No one can call Zanny out don't you know! You can only be her follower if you love her as much as she loves herself, I know that's near on impossible as she is sooo far up her own bum.

notrealjobs

Also really interesting to note that she's posted on Instagram today saying she's going to the climate strike on her own because none of her friends are going. Venetia and Max definitely are going - seems like they are no longer friends with her? Would make sense given how she advertises and does the opposite of what Venetia and Max are all about (and Venetia definitely threw shade on Zanna in her latest Instagram video with the comments about flying). I love how she's not afraid to stand by what she preaches and to call out others for hypocritical behaviour.

Also great photo opp for eco queen Zanna no doubt, even if she'll probably only be there for a few minutes.

Hc68759

VIP Member
She’s also going to The Philippines with Steph, plus the retreats in Nepal, Peru, Thailand, Sri Lanka and California :-/

Pinchme

VIP Member
She is trying to justify the constant selling of over priced 'stuff' as being her job!

Think she's been reading here or/and has plenty of feedback from followers telling her the truth, and as we all know Zanny can't handle anything unless it's praise.

Her content is the same old, nothing new whatsoever unless it's flogging yet another book, swimsuit, or some #ad that Noone wants or needs yet she just keeps on & on.

She is so out of touch with the girl on the street. She now only does something if it involves money.

She is so self absorbed, living in her Zanna bubble, she needs to stop thinking so highly of herself & start to think of the poor people who she is conning out of their hard earned money.