Zanna Van Dijk

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also lol 'i'm so organised to a level that people can't relate to' yep sure you are that's why you always feel so overwhelmed with how much work you've not bothered to do despite having three assistants...
What an incredibly arrogant thing to say. Also something that no truly organised person would ever say about themselves. Overcompensating again Zanny Chops

Reactions: 3
£5!!?!?!? Just because people are more inclined to show up if they've paid for something. What a nice thing to say about your flaky followers! At the end of the day if no one turned up then she wouldnt lose anything? She'd still enjoy the walk with her mum....what does it matter if no one showed up!?!?! Last time I checked, it was free to walk in the countryside.... UNREAL

Reactions: 5
If enough people kick back, wait for her announce that it was the plan all along to donate the walking fee to Sea Shepherd or similar. Our Zanny is not one to admit when she gets it wrong.

I stopped following a while back as I couldn’t bear the hypocrisy and the constant pity party....how hard adulting was etc 🙄 but seriously....charging people to go for a walk?! Some people really need to give their head a wobble....her and any silly fool that actually pays the money for it....

Reactions: 6
Jesus wept, she wants this dumb sheeple to pay £5 for the one year old in a backpack. I’m gobsmacked. Most airlines don’t charge for a lap baby to fly but you gotta pay for your baby, in a backpack, to hike with this witch. If this isn’t the most vivid example of what a hideous person she is, then I don’t know what is. I’m just surprised she didn’t ask her to pay for the whippet. Wake up idiots, you’re kissing the arse of the devil!
1D213A8F-63E1-4A51-9376-AB63E3E2DFBF.jpeg

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
Jesus wept, she wants this dumb sheeple to pay £5 for the one year old in a backpack. I’m gobsmacked. Most airlines don’t charge for a lap baby to fly but you gotta pay for your baby, in a backpack, to hike with this witch. If this isn’t the most vivid example of what a hideous person she is, then I don’t know what is. I’m just surprised she didn’t ask her to pay for the whippet. Wake up idiots, you’re kissing the arse of the devil!
View attachment 63191
wow. Also, if she’s taking money for this hike then it becomes an organised event rather than a bunch of chums out for a ramble...so she surely needs public liability insurance?!

• Wow
Reactions: 10
View attachment 63191
Never commented on this thread but I saw that and thought wtf?! I used to like Zanna but I find her increasingly problematic. The flights are beyond excessive, the swimwear is a great idea in principle but I don't know anyone who has money like to spare on a bikini. This thread has definitely opened my eyes and the fact she just blocks rather than has a discussion, really turns me off.

Reactions: 8
wow. Also, if she’s taking money for this hike then it becomes an organised event rather than a bunch of chums out for a ramble...so she surely needs public liability insurance?!
and a solid risk assessment! Can't imagine she's bothering with that though...

Reactions: 1
View attachment 63191

What an absolute joke. This could have actually been a nice, relaxed event where she just said, hey, I'm going hiking with my mum, i'd love to meet some of you who live locally and like hiking too, if you wanna come i'll be starting here at this time.

Instead she's turned it into an 'event' that she's in charge of and is charging babies to come to?! Saying it's for charity? Then why not include a talk about those brilliant charities in the hike and encourage people to donate, but leave the choice up to them?

I'd love to think this is peak idiocy from zanny chops but I think that's unlikely.

Also saw her share the story where she's working with the happy pear. Such a shame, I liked them but bringing her into the mix will just make their new app (? I think?) so offputting.

I am gobsmacked as to the followers who have brought tickets, I have no words🙄

Is it wrong to wish for torrential rain, thunderstorms & gales, on the day of the £5, hike?? 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 6
How can a walk in the countryside be "sold out" if someone just turned up without a ticket how could she turn them away exactly? ....and charging for a baby!?!?!? Things are clearly a little screwed up on "Planet Zanna"

Moron.

Is there any way of checking that this money is going to charity? If it’s done through EventBrite? Surely she should use just giving or another third party that collects the money and sorts out the gift aid etc. And is she going to be matching the donations people are giving?! She’s just so ridiculous..

Is there any way of checking that this money is going to charity? If it’s done through EventBrite? Surely she should use just giving or another third party that collects the money and sorts out the gift aid etc. And is she going to be matching the donations people are giving?! She’s just so ridiculous..
I don’t doubt for one second she will pocket the majority of it, after all, her time is precious and people have to pay for it, OBVI 🙄 I guess the only thing you can do is DM the recipients @seashepherduk and @rainforestalliance and ask if they are aware of her practices and whether they receive the money? Also ask their feelings on how she’s exploiting children to further their cause. She is definitely not an ambassador I’d want my name attached to. How can somebody in all conscience charge for a 1 year old in a backpack ffs. It’s so opportunistic. I’m am disgusted!

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Have I missed how much she is charging for dogs to join her in 'her' very special £5, hike?

To charge a baby being carried by their mother in a carrier, is this even legal??

Would anyone like to join me, I'm going into Bristol Xmas shopping, ONLY £7 each, hot chocolate & lunch (not included in price) I can walk us to all the best shops with the best Christmas decorations. It's gonna be bloody amazing, might even give proceeds to charity, depends.
HURRY HURRY, SELLING FAST.

SWIPE 🆙 👆(only joking)

don't all rush to come shopping with me, Id much prefer to do it alone. 😂 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
By the sounds of it she'd probably charge a pregnant woman £5 for her unborn child to come along too...

But she needs to keep ontop of the numbers!! Didnt realise counting was so stressful. Careful now, Zanna! Dont go getting yourself overwhelmed now!

• Haha
OK, so all the hiking posts have gone! She’s gonna go ahead and hide that now because heaven forbid she can face any kind of criticism regarding her ill considered ideas. These influencers have no regulatory body to answer to, to run their advertising through to check if it’s in line with advertising standards. It’s up to us to call out these idiotic practices, to police these unscrupulous idiots. It’s the only recourse left because she won’t engage.

Last edited:
I’m not normally one to comment on these threads, I usually just lurk. But i can’t ignore this. If she wanted money to go to charity why not ask for donations towards a charity closer to home related to walking, such as mountain rescue? Also, why not ask for discretionary donations to a chosen charity from people who are interested in joining? Some of her followers may have found the walk a good way to meet new friends, or a good way to build up the confidence to get up the moors themselves, but haven’t been able to sign up because they can’t afford the ‘ticket price’; conversely, asking for discretionary donations would have probably meant that some made larger donations. Oh and don’t get me started on her extortionately priced tours around the world, there’s so many beautiful places in the UK she could have arranged walking tours around which would have been so much more accessible to her followers.
I used to really like Zanna but she is so money orientated and out of touch now.

I’m not normally one to comment on these threads, I usually just lurk. But i can’t ignore this. If she wanted money to go to charity why not ask for donations towards a charity closer to home related to walking, such as mountain rescue? Also, why not ask for discretionary donations to a chosen charity from people who are interested in joining? Some of her followers may have found the walk a good way to meet new friends, or a good way to build up the confidence to get up the moors themselves, but haven’t been able to sign up because they can’t afford the ‘ticket price’; conversely, asking for discretionary donations would have probably meant that some made larger donations. Oh and don’t get me started on her extortionately priced tours around the world, there’s so many beautiful places in the UK she could have arranged walking tours around which would have been so much more accessible to her followers.
I used to really like Zanna but she is so money orientated and out of touch now.
Welcome lurker!
Some great points here. It’s clear there is little kudos to Zanna in giving anything back to “closer to home”. She actually seems to regard with scorn the idea of basing her activities in the UK. I totally agree with the idea of discretionary donations, to a mountain rescue as you suggest. A volunteer group like the RNLI where you see the money in action, but she’d rather give to the big global names and travel far and wide to get the stamps in the passport. It’s all about image to this girl. She is totally out of touch with reality and impossible to relate to. She just doesn’t get it and doubt she ever will.

Agree 100%, she has totally gone about this the wrong way, not even sure that it's legal? Just seems such an easy moneymaker, how do the customers know how much she is getting and if it all goes to charity like she says, she has no one to answer to.
It doesn't seem right to me.?

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.