Zanna Van Dijk #8 Gifted Nest in Tier 4, no more travel for Zambia, she's shook to core

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I reckon there will be some tax reason for it only being in his name. Don’t know what though!!

Reactions: 5
I doubt her earnings are that low. She avoids paying a lot of tax by going through a limited company. He probably feels safer putting it in his name. Less messy in case things don't work out.
True.... once you are married it doesn't matter anywy as it becomes 50/50 unless she signed a pre-nup
Surely he will be thinking about marriage and probs kids soon (given he is quite a bit older than her - he is 36/37?).. and they have been together what, 5 years? I reckon 2021 will be the year he proposes to her

Reactions: 2
He won't marry her unless she confirms she's going to have kids. Presumably he doesn't want to be financially mixed up with her when they are not married and if he can afford the house by himself. I mean owning a house with somebody and then splitting up is a massive headache.

Assuming he wants kids and she is not sure as other people have said on this thread.

Maybe she's buying her own property as an investment purchase. Would make sense as she can take advantage of being a first time buyer without her name on this house and then she has a fall back if they split.

I think this house is currently a big strain on the relationship..

Reactions: 4
I do find it odd that they’ve been together 5 years and they aren’t engaged yet. It’s not like they can’t afford it and that’s often what stops people. I was going to say that it’s odd when they’ve bought a house together but they haven’t! Very strange.

Reactions: 1
I would suggest she is going to buy another property for investment maybe a holiday home investment - my (now) husband and I did this and was easier to have separate mortgages for tax reasons etc. We had separate agreement re money invested. Also I have been with my now husband for 27 years and only married 2 years ago - not because we could not afford it - just did not feel the need to - we have 2 grown up children and they thought it was amusing we got married haha !

I think Zambia is setting the scene for changing her mind about having children - she is "girl crushing" on the shelf dresser - seems to be the only person she actually knows who "has it all" kids, a career blah blah ........she is seeing for the first time it is possible - SHOOK - wait for the new gram account I am sure... anyway I have said before I don't care and is a personal choice

Has anyone seen a story today......? Maybe I am blocked from them - can't believe she has not shared her wisdom today

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I do find it odd that they’ve been together 5 years and they aren’t engaged yet. It’s not like they can’t afford it and that’s often what stops people. I was going to say that it’s odd when they’ve bought a house together but they haven’t! Very strange.
Maybe they're just not bothered about marriage. It's not compulsory.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Maybe they're just not bothered about marriage. It's not compulsory.
This is true!
But also can imagine Zambia jumping at any chance to be centre of attention, becoming an expert on 'wedmin' and providing us with a day by day build up to the hashtagsurreywedding of the year.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
I think he sold his apartment after they already bought this one... so not sure he needed the money for deposit to be honest
I also wonder why it is all in his name.. is it because her earnings are as low as possible for tax purposes (ie her company accounts make all the money and then as a director you pay yourself a low salary or dividends from the company so you do not have to pay as much tax)... this might have made it hard for her to get a mortgage... or perhaps you are right about Ant not wanting to buy somewhere with her as not fully committed to future of the relationship...
it is strange because she acts as if it is her house too....
imagine if they broke up and he was left with his house looking like a hotel that JoJo basically designed...

I also know people who are forex traders and make £800k a year... so I really don't think he needed her on the mortgage...
Maybe he wanted to buy alone as he makes tonnes more than her and doesn't need her help with the property - she can invest her money into stay wild swim kickers and towels
Yeah I agree I think he clearly can afford it on his own. I just think it’s a bit weird for an unmarried couple to get a house together and not even have both your names on the deeds just seems very non comital. You can enter into a deed of trust to protect what you put in so even if she put in 10% his 90% would be protected. Just doesn’t seem like the kind of thing you’d do when you’re in a committed relationship! It’s all a moot point if they get married though so will be interesting to see if they do...

Reactions: 1
I’ve been with my partner nearly 7 years, friends over 10 and none of us are engaged. It’s just not a big deal for any of us, we’ve got houses, kids, dogs together (although Zambia has none of those things it would appear) but I’d have expected a big engagement announcement from her by now
Am also surprised Steph hasn’t got Lewis to propose either....

Reactions: 6
I also. don't think her not being on the house is a big deal. I've been with my partner for 8 years, he just bought our first place that's an investment place we're currently living in until covid dies down and people can travel. I'm not on the title so that I'm still eligible for first time buyers discount. Wouldn't surprise me if Ant & Zanna are doing the same thing

Reactions: 3
She's not been on Instagram today because she has no content or inspiration to give to us and has basically spent all day taking one selfie of a very plain and boring outfit.

The sooner this "influencer" life evaporates the better 😴🥱
I honestly cannot believe she classes it as a "job"

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I also. don't think her not being on the house is a big deal. I've been with my partner for 8 years, he just bought our first place that's an investment place we're currently living in until covid dies down and people can travel. I'm not on the title so that I'm still eligible for first time buyers discount. Wouldn't surprise me if Ant & Zanna are doing the same thing
I think it's more how she made a big deal out of it being 'ours' when it's not.

someone said she was going to do some thing on finances so maybe she would eleborate on here experiences and why they made certain decisions.

call me old fashioned but if I put in financially I'd want my name on everything legally and I did!

I think it's more how she made a big deal out of it being 'ours' when it's not.

someone said she was going to do some thing on finances so maybe she would eleborate on here experiences and why they made certain decisions.

call me old fashioned but if I put in financially I'd want my name on everything legally and I did!
Which makes me think shes hasnt put in anything financially

Can you imagine Zambia putting in a certain amount of money but not having her name included?

• Wow
I’ve been with my partner nearly 7 years, friends over 10 and none of us are engaged. It’s just not a big deal for any of us, we’ve got houses, kids, dogs together (although Zambia has none of those things it would appear) but I’d have expected a big engagement announcement from her by now
Am also surprised Steph hasn’t got Lewis to propose either....
No I know marriage isn’t for everyone but Zanna seems like the sort who would want a big ring and wedding too - imagine the content! Totally agree re Steph too.

Didn’t Zanna say she was naturally a saver so she was so shocked at how much money she had been spending lately on the house? A few months ago now - I want to say around the time she also bought her Chanel??

Can’t think of any tax reason behind her not buying the house jointly with Ant. If she’s not taking much out the company I don’t think it matters for mortgage purposes, pretty sure they just look at 3 years worth of accounts to see how much could be taken out? Also even if that wasn’t the case and they did go on her actual earnings it would still be better for mortgage purposes to have 2 on there rather than 1 I would have thought? Must be for Ants security in case they broke up?! Maybe because it’s his inheritance or something.

do we think she’s contributing
to or paying for this decorating?!
In the eyes of the law if you contribute to the mortgage- but your name is not on the property deeds or mortgage - you still can claim a stake in the property... as you have paid towards it and has what is known as a 'beneficial interest' ... I know it is absolutely mental - but that is the way it is because of the common law partnership laws.... there are a lot of cases in the UK where this has stood in a court of law

see also the money advice service

Establishing your interest in the property
If you’ve paid towards the mortgage, or towards improvements or an extension, you might be able to establish an interest in your home.

This means that the court recognises you have the right to:

• Continue living in the property
  • A share in its value when it’s sold
She has definitely contributed towards improvements if she has paid for JoJo.. and if she is paying half or even some of the mortgage she will be entitled to a % share...

This should also be a heads up for anyone who is buying a place in just their sole name and thinks they are protected from relationship breakdown

(best friend is a solicitor and has warned me about this)

• Wow
I thought Zambia was worth £375k??? 🤔🤔. Someone posted her tax records ( either earlier in this thread or the last One).

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.