Zanna Van Dijk #8 Gifted Nest in Tier 4, no more travel for Zambia, she's shook to core

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Don't judge me but I actually purchased her first e-book Eat More Plants - mainly to support her as I was a very loyal follower and enjoyed her content. I'm an avid cook so the things in her book were way to simple and generic for me that I only made one thing (In the boredom of NZ's lockdown). It blows my mind that she doesn't utilise her Instagram and YouTube to promote her books by actually cooking her recipes. I have seen her cook one thing from it - smoky beans (lol). It's now glaringly obvious that she doesn't cook (just reheats All Plants) and used a ghost writer, otherwise she'd be cooking and showing it off left, right and centre - right?

I sent her a message last year when she asked for content ideas (yes, I fell for that line) and gave her an insight in to what followers and her audience wants to see. I said: live follow along cooking from your ebook, pantry organisation (lame for some but I love that tit), bulk eco store 'grocery shop with me' type vlog etc what I would have thought was on brand for her, and quite popular on YouTube. She responded and said great ideas, i'll do that but hasn't done any of the such. She doesnt give a tit what we want. She just profits off us, gets gifted her whole life it seems and then puts all her followers/country people at risk by swanning about in plain ignorance (read: arrogance) - nice show of appreciation!!

Being an eco-warrior, plant-based eater, conscious traveler isn't actually hard Zanna - especially in your privileged position. You have let down your followers who engaged in your content and bought your products, by misleading us to believe you actually gave a shite about the planet and those living on it!

**edit to say I just remembered she did to a live lockdown cook with me in the old flat, but it was all gifted groceries and someone else's recipe - thought that would have given her the idea to do the same but with her own cook book and promote that!
I'm surprised she didn't block you ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I 100% feel like there's something off about her all week - could just be a January slump? Or maybe something bigger going on but even for Zanna her posts and stories are just lacking an energy or a spark? Or is it just me?

• Wow
Reactions: 10
I 100% feel like there's something off about her all week - could just be a January slump? Or maybe something bigger going on but even for Zanna her posts and stories are just lacking an energy or a spark? Or is it just me?
Totally agree, trouble in paradise for poor Zambi.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Why is driving to walk!!!! Arghhh! We are in a lockdown for goodness sake!

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
THIS ! I know the area she lives as my MIL used to live around the corner - she can walk miles from her house into the countryside ! I don't think she gets it ! Watch the news for goodness Zambia !

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
I could understand if she lived in a really urban area and it's a short drive to a more open space (in Scotland we have more rigorous rules saying you can drive up to 5 miles outside of your area for exercise for this very reason). But when they bought the house she was going on about how much green space there is around the house? From the looks of things she could have a great 2 hour walk to a national trust garden from her house, using mainly foot paths. 🙄🙄

Reactions: 17
I could understand if she lived in a really urban area and it's a short drive to a more open space (in Scotland we have more rigorous rules saying you can drive up to 5 miles outside of your area for exercise for this very reason). But when they bought the house she was going on about how much green space there is around the house? From the looks of things she could have a great 2 hour walk to a national trust garden from her house, using mainly foot paths. 🙄🙄
But how else can she flex her Tesla? (not that having a Tesla is a big deal these days, given how common they've become in Northern and Western Europe...)

• Angry
Reactions: 5
I think she's just bored and can't handle actually living in her mansion.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
There is literally a big woods/park at the end of her road and another park just down her road in the other direction.. absolutely no excuse to drive anywhere for a walk!!

Reactions: 13
She's definitely bored. Lockdown reduces your world to the bare minimum, which for most of us is our jobs, our family and the four walls we live in. Her job is just going on holiday and boasting about it under the guise of being informative about it, Ant obviously works long hours during the day so she can't spend time with him (never mind their relationship comes across as weird anyway), and she's got nothing else going on. She doesn't cook so she can't make content from that.

This isn't disrespecting anyone in a similar position. My entire life is now work, childcare, and a weekly trip to the supermarket. But the rest of us aren't trying to make careers off the back of that and claiming it's "content".

Reactions: 21
I just came on here to say this!!!! She’s an absolute moron.

There is literally a big woods/park at the end of her road and another park just down her road in the other direction.. absolutely no excuse to drive anywhere for a walk!!
I also wouldn’t be entirely surprised if she’s meeting someone for a walk , hence driving, and just hasn’t shown it on her socials

Reactions: 5
It would be nice to be able to call her out on the driving for walks but it would be an instant block and I’m too nosey!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.