Zanna Van Dijk #5 Fill my house with whatever I fancy, call me out you negative Nancy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
'Transparency is key' she says. Then on stories another 'gifted' tag that can barely be seen.
The gifted tag on that face stuff is disgusting tbh. I didn’t even notice it. I really want to call her out on it but not sure I want to be blocked

Reactions: 3
In a literal sense she does make her gifted tags look almost transparent.
Honestly there needs to be a rule that it must be visible in capitals and a certain size I think. Not done in tiny cursive writing in the same colour as the background. I had to study that picture for ages to find it.

Reactions: 4
This 'gifted' tag she uses here is white against white and silver, so there's barely any contrast , and it also flashes on and off. Blink and you'd miss it. It should definitely be a rule that it needs to be more visible. I think it should be with the main text, and at the beginning so it's impossible to miss or read the post without knowing.

Untitled.png

Agreed, the rules should be that a flashing gif cant be used to identify gifts or ads. It should be in the main text, preferably at the beginning...you know, in the text colour that Zanna uses for her nuggets of wisdom to stand out ("IM SHOOK I JUST ATE A LARGE BRUSSEL SPROUT" or some drivel like that).

Does anyone know how easy the process of reporting posts to the ASA is?
Also, does she get notified of screenshots?

Reactions: 7
Agreed, the rules should be that a flashing gif cant be used to identify gifts or ads. It should be in the main text, preferably at the beginning...you know, in the text colour that Zanna uses for her nuggets of wisdom to stand out ("IM SHOOK I JUST ATE A LARGE BRUSSEL SPROUT" or some drivel like that).

If some one can give details of the ASA process I will literally start to collate screen shots on a weekly basis and send a weekly email - it's really bad the way she does this.

• Heart
Reactions: 5

I did it a while back for someone else, I don't think they did much about it 🙄

Reactions: 2
What’s the point of hiding the “gifted”? Influencers do this so much and honestly I’m not bothered by gifted stuff, it’s just weird that they wanted to hide it. We all know everything in your life is free

• Haha
Reactions: 5

It’s pretty easy but I don’t think they ever do anything 🙄

I reported her for similar with screenshots as proof. The process was quite straightforward. Fill a form. Attach any evidence and highlight your concerns. I had an email informing me they would be back in contact if she was found to violate standards. I never heard anything again!! However they do apparently keep all complaints on file so surely if enough of us complain and they see a pattern they’ll act!!!!

Reactions: 4
No I followed up on what I reported as the girl had done enough stories in a day to fill a story highlight all about some stuff she sells. They said "We have only offered them advice at this time. They are not obligated to act but to prevent further complaints they should take it on board."

I will report that latest post to the ASA too! Ridiculous but hey 'transparency is key'

I can’t even see the gifted on that picture! Don’t they actually have to write ‘AD’ as well even on a gifted product?

I can’t even see the gifted on that picture! Don’t they actually have to write ‘AD’ as well even on a gifted product?
Yes - has to say AD and then be clear for people to see. They can choose to add the word gifted if they wish

is anyone else triggered by the “gin fridge”?!

GIN DOESNT GO IN THE FRIDGE

WINE DOES.
Her also “gifted but I bought this bottle” on one of the gins made me lol.

Reactions: 8
Isn't AD only if they're being paid to show it?

I saw on her website that she was selling her own granola. But the link to buy it doesn't work - did it flop?

Last edited:
is anyone else triggered by the “gin fridge”?!

GIN DOESNT GO IN THE FRIDGE

WINE DOES.
Her also “gifted but I bought this bottle” on one of the gins made me lol.
Yes me!

Fridges are for wine, beer and cider. Spirits don’t go in the fridge!

Reactions: 7
If you go to a pub/bar the gin is always behind the bar and never in the fridge! It alters the taste of it

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.