Zanna Van Dijk #5 Fill my house with whatever I fancy, call me out you negative Nancy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
'adulting' is ridiculously grating.
You are 28 woman. For Christ sake just grow up and stop this whole fanfare of 'ooo look at me I'm doing laundry etc etc'

Reactions: 4
Long time lurker around here. Finally signed up to vent my frustration.
Originally followed her as I was impressed by the beach clean ups, the sustainable mindset etc. But very quickly realised these were all "surface tick boxing" posts to give this illusion of being more environmentally conscious than she actually is.

What's more, this shift to basically not knowing what she stands for anymore is another reason I despise "influencer" culture. Trying to tell me how to water and care for plants because she was gifted them, trying to tell me to go to all the cliche hotpots in areas she has been gifted holidays to. Massive NO THANKS.

Pretty sure I could use single use plastic for a year and still cause less detrimental effect on our planet than she does in 3 months.

She is basically putting a poxy plaster over a huge wound when she picks up 3 bits of litter yet jets off for the 4th time in a month.

Screenshot_20200926-164850_Instagram.jpg
I'm actually so disappointed to see the protein powder company I use is using Zanna as the face of their upcoming push for sustainability.

Granted, I've always felt Myvegan could do more for sustainability (such as better packaging, stop providing single use plastic measuring cups in EVERY bag of powder etc). So I get the impression this is yet another tick box exercise- right up her street - come across as sustainable but a chance for her to self gloat.

I've already shared my disappointment with a DM to them to highlight there are so many better host options out there.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
She was having a busy day moving furniture, but on her other account she's been out for a walk with a friend?

I saw in her blog for Cornwall she was recommending Cornish Pasties and Fish & Chips. Isn't she a vegan any more?

And on the issue of Ant, I think she likes to dominate him. She does seem to treat him like a little boy, very patronising. I had no idea until I read on here that he has some high flying city career.

Reactions: 8
And on the issue of Ant, I think she likes to dominate him. She does seem to treat him like a little boy, very patronising. I had no idea until I read on here that he has some high flying city career.
I wonder if because he has such a stressful job, where he's the boss of a ton of people, he finds it comforting in a weird, warped way to have her make all the decisions and boss him around at home.

I’m guessing as the moving furniture post was on the Surrey best account Ant had to do all the work
Also banging on about patch plants...and then shows a plant she bought in Homebase

Reactions: 2
I can’t say I’ve ever noticed Zara in a wax Barbour before....moves to Surrey so obviously needs one....be Hunter wellies next 🙄

Reactions: 3
So, I watched the new vlog and Zanna does her own brows now so it's probably why they sometimes look so dark and block-y. She would probably have better results with a more precise, smaller brush, like a slanted eyebrow brush? (I sometimes do my sister's brows and that's what I use).
I am also going to say something nice now: Zanna has some really nice bone structure and when she wears more subtle make-up and is not pulling weird faces (I mean, she has to, because she is just so relatable and funny), she can look quite pretty.
zanna.png

zanna1.png

Now, which one you, my loves, posted that comment under the video? :cool:
Zanna, could you do a gin cocktail recipe recommendation video? You know, for us lightweights who’ve never had your favorite drink? 💜

• Haha
So, I watched the new vlog and Zanna does her own brows now so it's probably why they sometimes look so dark and block-y. She would probably have better results with a more precise, smaller brush, like a slanted eyebrow brush? (I sometimes do my sister's brows and that's what I use).
I am also going to say something nice now: Zanna has some really nice bone structure and when she wears more subtle make-up and is not pulling weird faces (I mean, she has to, because she is just so relatable and funny), she can look quite pretty.
View attachment 256916
View attachment 256918

Now, which one you, my loves, posted that comment under the video? :cool:
Zanna, could you do a gin cocktail recipe recommendation video? You know, for us lightweights who’ve never had your favorite drink? 💜
Finally figured out who she reminds me of...
9482B003-F993-467F-AF55-423C4408F62F.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Did anyone catch Zanna presenting the myvegan sustainability summit tonight?
Not sure if I can share a link to the Facebook video, but her early introduction has an amazingly timed cough immediately after she is saying how she cares for the planet (cough cough). Couldn't have been more perfectly timed.
Skip to about 3:50 to be amused.

Attachments

• Haha
She’s promoting Dove again. Someone has asked in the comments if it’s cruelty free, I wonder how long it will be before it’s deleted?

• Haha
She’s promoting Dove again. Someone has asked in the comments if it’s cruelty free, I wonder how long it will be before it’s deleted?
Can't see a single "negative" comment (negative in Zannas eyes that is) this morning.
She is on top form with her censorship.

I've come to quickly realise that she is more a part of the corporate greenwashing world than she is a part of the community actually making a difference.
Takes money to come across as doing things for the environment as opposed to actually taking action.

Isn't Dove cruelty free?

I have realised what the 2 of them remind me of - children's TV presenters. They appear permanently happy and bouncy, and also have a non-threatening asexual vibe.

• Haha
Ignore me if this has already been discussed 😜

I was watching a Lydia Millen blog where she did a haul :rolleyes: of shite that she bought (39 mins). She bought a cropped jumper in multiple colours from Pretty Little Thing and said it was a blogger recommendation. Then in reference to who it was immediately said "it's not something she promotes, so I don't know whether I should say"...

Immediately my mind went to Zanna...sportswear, pretends she gives a duck about slow fashion, full of shite. Lo and behold, days later Zanna is on stories wearing the exact same jumper.

Zanna.png

Wasn't surprised at all, but find it super interesting that they all look out for each other and their scumbag ways. Lydia was essentially telling her audience that it isn't "on brand" for the particular influencer to shop at PLT, so doing her a favour and not crediting her for the influence...such bullshit.

• Angry
Reactions: 11
anyone seen her latest stories.. talking about how some elements of the house renovations have been 'slower' as its sooooooooooooo hard to get builders in blah blah blah. youve been there 1 month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to me that isnt 'slow progress'. i dont know why she is so bleeping self entitled she thinks people should drop dead to do her bleeping flooring. get in the real world and duck off.

Reactions: 16
anyone seen her latest stories.. talking about how some elements of the house renovations have been 'slower' as its sooooooooooooo hard to get builders in blah blah blah. youve been there 1 month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to me that isnt 'slow progress'. i dont know why she is so bleeping self entitled she thinks people should drop dead to do her bleeping flooring. get in the real world and duck off.
This irritated me too! We bought a new build with no flooring and even though we were able to go in before we completed to get some measurements we still waited MONTHS before all of our flooring was finally completed. I think we waited like 4 months after we completed for our two bathrooms to have flooring and that was pre-covid! (I was actually more annoyed as our flooring company told us it could be done in two weeks 🙄 jokers 😂). Can you imagine her going through an actual renovation?

Anyone else wondering what they did with the furniture from their old flat since Ant moved it all out at the weekend? 🤔

Reactions: 3
I don't understand why they want to do the flooring first. Would make more sense to paint the walls.

Also, it made me laugh that she needs the interior designer to make all the decisions for her.

and I hope they aren't going to bin the carpets when they take them up - the whole house looks immaculate, I would imagine the carpet is very high quality and could easily be re-used.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.