Zanna Van Dijk #5 Fill my house with whatever I fancy, call me out you negative Nancy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I used to love her content, but now I cannot stand her anymore. Presenting herself as some eco warrior and travelling every other week??? Living sustainably and buying this huge house and cars for two people??? She is also influencing others to travel all the time which is oh so so great for the environment. But you know, that is her job and her passion. I thought she was speech therapist and fitness instructor, not a travel agent. Like we other actually eco-conscious people absolutely hate traveling. We just make decision not to. Especially during a pandemic!

She also always talks about her swimwear brand is doing such good things for environment. How about not using swimwear and going to nudist beaches? Probably better for environment huh? But then she couldn't visit all those tourist destinations...

Now apparently she is also a plant expert... Does she know any of the latin names for the plants and in which families they belong? Has she propagated all of the plants? Does she know how to deal with pests and how to mix your soil?

I guess she just must be an expert at everything!

Of course she would see this as hate comment, because it is just too hard to accept negative critisicm.
What made me die laughing was how she has previously said she’ll do a blog on caring for plants as she is quite clearly the expert then seemed shocked when all her plants wilted after being left unwatered for a week in a heatwave whilst she buggered off to Cornwall again! Is she for real??? The girl is an utter twit!!

So they fell in love with Cornwall. I’m bracing myself for the next insta account ‘our Surrey escape’ as they buy a second home there!!
841ADFCB-955C-4F3A-9CAD-8BF8002D3003.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
Absolutely infuriates me that these utter morons (and that includes Tally and her BF) have no regard for the current social distancing rules and the fact that we are in the midst of a pandemic!

There are rules and measures in place for a reason and nowhere within those rules does it say that if you fancy a seaside break with your mates, social distancing becomes irrelevant.

Is it any wonder that we are approaching a second wave when this is the message Zanna and Tally are giving young and impressionable individuals?! They have a platform and they should be using this responsibility.

Reactions: 16
For some reason I put myself through watching the recent vlog. Meant I watched the last clip where she was begging for likes and comments.
Why is she so desperate?! It’s embarrassing.

Reactions: 3
Absolutely infuriates me that these utter morons (and that includes Tally and her BF) have no regard for the current social distancing rules and the fact that we are in the midst of a pandemic!

There are rules and measures in place for a reason and nowhere within those rules does it say that if you fancy a seaside break with your mates, social distancing becomes irrelevant.

Is it any wonder that we are approaching a second wave when this is the message Zanna and Tally are giving young and impressionable individuals?! They have a platform and they should be using this responsibility.
I'm not from the UK, what are the rules? Do restrictions vary by region?

Reactions: 1
As of this last Monday, no more than 6 people should meet indoors or outdoors, and when meeting with people who are not part of your household you should strive to maintain 2 m distance between people. In areas with higher infection rates extra restrictions are in place so you are not allowed to meet up with people who are not part of your household full stop. Neither where Zanna lives, nor where they went on holiday have these extra restictions

Reactions: 4
I hate how influencers (particularly this one) think that because they have bought some plants or gone on holiday somewhere they are expert enough to write a guide about it?! like wtf? you bought a house with a fully planted mature garden, you didn't grow any of that. She didn't have a window box or grow bags of plants like a lot of others during lock down, she is totally clueless. I'm about to start an MSc in Agronomy, to learn more about growing crops, I am an expert, but I ain't writing a guide until I have at least a PhD!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
It's not that she explicitly broke the rules, although distance of 2 m is encouraged with people who are not in your household (like her friends), but it's that we're in the middle of a frigging pandemic. Just because you CAN do something, it doesn't mean you SHOULD. No one should be going on holidays with mates. If it's in-country, fine, ok, drive with your partner, help tourism in that area you're visiting. But even that is like...

She's part of the problem of why young people are now having so many cases. You see these influencers going around like there's no pandemic, and you think, oh, okay, guess it's safe.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I can’t bare to watch the vlog - but I thought taking time out meant putting your phone down and digital stuff away - NOT clearly spending the week filming content - all so false ! Also why # Hashtag EVERYTHING in your life - every place ( #homebase ! ) and even the very few items you seem to have paid for that don’t say gifted or ad ?

Reactions: 5
I used to love her content, but now I cannot stand her anymore. Presenting herself as some eco warrior and travelling every other week??? Living sustainably and buying this huge house and cars for two people??? She is also influencing others to travel all the time which is oh so so great for the environment. But you know, that is her job and her passion. I thought she was speech therapist and fitness instructor, not a travel agent. Like we other actually eco-conscious people absolutely hate traveling. We just make decision not to. Especially during a pandemic!

She also always talks about her swimwear brand is doing such good things for environment. How about not using swimwear and going to nudist beaches? Probably better for environment huh? But then she couldn't visit all those tourist destinations...

Now apparently she is also a plant expert... Does she know any of the latin names for the plants and in which families they belong? Has she propagated all of the plants? Does she know how to deal with pests and how to mix your soil?

I guess she just must be an expert at everything!

Of course she would see this as hate comment, because it is just too hard to accept negative critisicm.
All she influences is the next generation of twats that will see narcissistic behaviour and doing what the hell they like as normal behaviour. The “influnzas” do nothing good. They just get free stuff, talk about themselves, sell their soul for the dollar and complain if somebody doesn’t like them, boo bleeping hoo. She’s a waste of oxygen.

Reactions: 8
For some reason I put myself through watching the recent vlog. Meant I watched the last clip where she was begging for likes and comments.
Why is she so desperate?! It’s embarrassing.
I also hate that bit and now just fast forward to the end. It's especially annoying when Ant does it and it's like a little schoolboy reciting a poem from memory but you can tell he hated learning the poem.

Congrats to @New-casettes for the new thread title, unfortunately a little long so had to slim it down. (Original suggestion: Zanna Van Dijk Part #5 I’ll fly where I like and fill my house with whatever I fancy; if you call me out you’re a negative Nancy.)

Anyhoo, where to begin with the breakdown. ZanAnt managed to find and buy a house in record time during a pandemic. Methinks she’s a lying witch. She flew, again and again. Released more sustainably boring, overpriced swimwear and continuously tried to flog same, again during a pandemic when people are struggling. Tried to take on M&S for copying generically designed swimwear but got nowhere with that. Begged for products for her new house, got a naff sofa. Collaborated with Dove. Well matched in the unsustainable department. Cried because people criticised her, of course they are trolling haters. Publicly humiliated 🐜 as usual. Now is on another holiday but keeping it on the low down as she can’t handle the well deserved criticism. It’s been an interesting thread. Have I missed anything out? What’s next?
And it transpired it was actually more likely that Zanna's swimwear brand copied M&S since M&S released their zipped swimwear in 2017!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
I skim watched the vlog (WHY?!) and in it she gives us the groundbreaking information that to tell if a bramble is ripe to pick from the bush it is soft and comes off easily. Will it be a survival and foraging guide next?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
I skim watched the vlog (WHY?!) and in it she gives us the groundbreaking information that to tell if a bramble is ripe to pick from the bush it is soft and comes off easily. Will it be a survival and foraging guide next?
Definitely!
She's picked a couple brambles, she's a pro now

Last edited:
  • Haha
Oh god now Tally is getting in on the plant action I see. Why is everyone so easily led by zanna. She’s like a bloody cult leader!!

• Angry
Reactions: 6
It’s actually shocked me to see the amount of comments on her “should I do a beginners plant guide post?”. It’s taken me all of 20 seconds on google to find actual experts in plant care giving comprehensive advice on this. What more could Zanna add to this?

Influencer culture is just baffling sometimes. Are people really that deluded that they forget other (better) sources of information exist?

Reactions: 14
It’s actually shocked me to see the amount of comments on her “should I do a beginners plant guide post?”. It’s taken me all of 20 seconds on google to find actual experts in plant care giving comprehensive advice on this. What more could Zanna add to this?

Influencer culture is just baffling sometimes. Are people really that deluded that they forget other (better) sources of information exist?
It's baffling, I wonder if the people that comment about those stupid guides are trying to get noticed or drive traffic to their insta pages?

Why is she so obsessed about telling us about her driving? She's an adult woman, you either drive or you don't... why does she have to share about her driving lesson and now being allowed to drive Ant's car? I have zero clue about most of my adult friends' driving situation and it really doesn't matter... it only comes up in the situation of a trip being planned (or y'know, back in the day when we'd take roadtrips) or someone moves out somewhere further and we talk about commuting.

I feel like she's really lonely in real life and doesn't have super close friends to share things like this with. I'm also surprised she actually paid money for running shorts instead of waiting for the freebies - the desperation must've been real.

Edit; anyone else LOL at her oktoberfest 'dining table'? Why not buy something second hand and then donate/sell it on if you have no timeline for your actual furniture? They're obviously not short on money and it must be miserable being in that mansion with no furniture at all.

Reactions: 7
Does anybody else get slightly annoyed by her ‘advertising’ being so subtle and not immediately obvious that she’s advertising?
the latest gin one she’s posted shows the gin, the text near the gin and then a tiny ‘ad’ gif totally removed from where the eye is naturally drawn.
Surely that’s breaking some kind of rule?

Reactions: 8
It makes no sense that someone who is apparently ThE MoSt OrGaNiSeD PeRsOn I KnOw wouldn't have planned ahead and thought about what to furnish a massive house with. Oh except to blag free mismatched shite. So chic, so elegant.

Why is she so obsessed about telling us about her driving? She's an adult woman, you either drive or you don't... why does she have to share about her driving lesson and now being allowed to drive Ant's car? I have zero clue about most of my adult friends' driving situation and it really doesn't matter... it only comes up in the situation of a trip being planned (or y'know, back in the day when we'd take roadtrips) or someone moves out somewhere further and we talk about commuting.

I feel like she's really lonely in real life and doesn't have super close friends to share things like this with. I'm also surprised she actually paid money for running shorts instead of waiting for the freebies - the desperation must've been real.

Edit; anyone else LOL at her oktoberfest 'dining table'? Why not buy something second hand and then donate/sell it on if you have no timeline for your actual furniture? They're obviously not short on money and it must be miserable being in that mansion with no furniture at all.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.