Zanna Van Dijk #5 Fill my house with whatever I fancy, call me out you negative Nancy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't understand why they want to do the flooring first. Would make more sense to paint the walls.

Also, it made me laugh that she needs the interior designer to make all the decisions for her.

and I hope they aren't going to bin the carpets when they take them up - the whole house looks immaculate, I would imagine the carpet is very high quality and could easily be re-used.
thats the thing, the spec of the kitchen etc shows the previous owners had things to a very high standard. so the fact she is moaning that she has had to wait a month to get a builder in (bearing in mind theyve had people in doing the gym) has really wound me up. I know people who bought pre-covid, a renovation house and are literally living with a mouldy bathroom as things keep getting pushed back. she really doesnt have it bad.

Reactions: 5
I know, all they really need to do is put their furniture in the house. It doesn't need tinkering with! If you're all about sustainability, surely you only change things when they are completely worn out/can't be fixed?

Reactions: 4
I don't understand why they want to do the flooring first. Would make more sense to paint the walls.

Also, it made me laugh that she needs the interior designer to make all the decisions for her.

and I hope they aren't going to bin the carpets when they take them up - the whole house looks immaculate, I would imagine the carpet is very high quality and could easily be re-used.
I was coming here to say exactly this. Imagine if the new flooring was done and then the painter dropped a tin of paint on it?!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I could understand doing the flooring first if you were then pulling up floorboards because you need to re do electrics, move radiators, sort pipework etc but I'm sure that the previous owners would have done all that during previous works. All Zanna and Ant are doing is changing the aesthetics to suit them - perfectly acceptable but not exactly a huge reno. We've lived in our house for three years with a bathroom and kitchen thats falling apart but no money or time to do it up for another few years!

Also I really don't get why if they are that annoyed by the carpet in certain areas, they could just pull it up, sand down the floors and paint them for a temporary fix surely?! But that would mean they have to get their hands dirty 🙄

Reactions: 2
I used to like her content, but moving into a great home and changing everything about it just doesn’t seem sustainable to me. She seems to be all for only doing environmentally friendly things when it suits her.

Reactions: 8
I commented asking about potentially getting some content about her relationship to plastic, as there's been a lot of single use plastic in her vids recently (waitrose burgers, prepackaged chips etc). It's no problem at all (they are hard to get away from) but making the claims she does and shaming people for using teabags, of all things, while still using single use plastics without much thought is insulting to those of us actually trying to be better. To no ones surprise, the comment was deleted (read: censored).

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
I watched her Cornwall vlog recently too (you know the one where she was supposed to be having a digital detox). I noticed that her and Ant didn't eat vegan/plant based suitable food. They had homemade croissants with Tally (the just roll homemade ones you do in the oven) and then jacket potatoes with beans and cheese on their walk. Is she actually vegan anymore?

I commented asking about potentially getting some content about her relationship to plastic, as there's been a lot of single use plastic in her vids recently (waitrose burgers, prepackaged chips etc). It's no problem at all (they are hard to get away from) but making the claims she does and shaming people for using teabags, of all things, while still using single use plastics without much thought is insulting to those of us actually trying to be better. To no ones surprise, the comment was deleted (read: censored).
Exactly this...
In an ad over the summer Zanna gave us tips on how to have a more sustainable less waste picnic
"Bring your own. Instead of buying picnic food from a local supermarket which often comes in single use plastic, bring a yummy homemade spread"
Yet at home she makes absolutely nothing from scratch. Everything she uses is ready made & packaged (a lot of it in single use plastic) - sauces, veggies burgers, chips, pesto, falafels .....

Reactions: 10
I watched her Cornwall vlog recently too (you know the one where she was supposed to be having a digital detox). I noticed that her and Ant didn't eat vegan/plant based suitable food. They had homemade croissants with Tally (the just roll homemade ones you do in the oven) and then jacket potatoes with beans and cheese on their walk. Is she actually vegan anymore?
She posted a picture of spag bol last night which didn't look very vegan (granted I can't be sure), but it's something I'm going to look out for from now on

I also thought you do flooring last.. my boyfriend has renovated 4 houses and says you should do the floor last.. you effectively work out to in.. windows followed by any kitchens/bathrooms and then plastering/painting and finally carpets/flooring...

The Lydia Millen PLT thing is quite shocking!!

Did anyone else find the interior designer moodboards LAUGHABLE?!

That she has to pay for this shoddy service shows how devoid she is of taste/personality.

Can't believe some of the first interiors stuff they have bought is to 'dress' their kitchen shelves - old books and random old crap with no meaning to them personally

EDIT: I've just watched her stories. She needs reporting to the ASA for her near invisible 'gifted' gif of her pasta sent by pasta evangelists

Last edited:
The Lydia Millen PLT thing is quite shocking!!

Did anyone else find the interior designer moodboards LAUGHABLE?!

That she has to pay for this shoddy service shows how devoid she is of taste/personality.

Can't believe some of the first interiors stuff they have bought is to 'dress' their kitchen shelves - old books and random old crap with no meaning to them personally

EDIT: I've just watched her stories. She needs reporting to the ASA for her near invisible 'gifted' gif of her pasta sent by pasta evangelists
omg i just went back and looked. you know you are on the bleeping beg when you accept free pasta. i wish these companies would send free food to the people that actually need it.

On the subject of her pasta posts anyone else think it odd that these follow Tally’s posts about
omg i just went back and looked. you know you are on the bleeping beg when you accept free pasta. i wish these companies would send free food to the people that actually need it.
speaking of pasta anyone else think it odd that these pasta fetishising posts come on the back of Tally’s posts normalising carbs and stating it’s ok to not exercise and still eat pasta etc. It’s like zanna has seen more content ideas she can steal and make her own! Maybe its just me and I’m reading into things too much!

Jus Rol croissants are vegan, and I think she used vegan cheese.

Zanna drives me crazy but I at least know those things were vegan.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.