Zanna Van Dijk #21 Girlbossing her 'menty b' & blocking anyone who doesn't agree

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She hikes with bleeping curls and make up and little tank tops. She's never done a multi day hike. She's never even wild camped. Her 'hiking' seems so performative like everything else she does.
And she's considering mountain leader training?!?!?! Really Zanna..
she is an enthusiastic walker at best, she is not a mountain leader

Reactions: 18
Just looked up a mountain leader course in Snowdonia and you need 20 days hiking experience which they class as: 5 hours or more including navigating away from marked trails. She definitely doesn’t have that, most of Zannas ‘hikes’ are under 2hrs along a main tourist path.

Reactions: 13
If she really does become a mountain leader, I’ll be so pissed off. It’s been on my bucket list, but either funds or health issues have stopped me. This is ridiculous! Has she ever spent a night out in the mountains tucked in a bivy bag? In winter perhaps?! Yet another time she’s running after trends. Ffs 🤬

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Just looked up a mountain leader course in Snowdonia and you need 20 days hiking experience which they class as: 5 hours or more including navigating away from marked trails. She definitely doesn’t have that, most of Zannas ‘hikes’ are under 2hrs along a main tourist path.
I wonder if they’ll let her use her AllTrails app or let her stop for pub lunches along the route 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I think she needs to go on a basic map reading course first, and work her way up from there

• Haha
Reactions: 19
She’s gonna host a trip in Maldives/red sea
They are two different places… it’s an or not a / …

Reactions: 5
Anyone who signs up for these trips need to have a word with themselves.
Why on earth anyone would willingly fund her to keep going on holiday is truly beyond me.

Reactions: 14
Anyone who signs up for these trips need to have a word with themselves.
Why on earth anyone would willingly fund her to keep going on holiday is truly beyond me.
I guess some people feel lonely/don't have friends who share their interests or can take the same amount of time off. The influencers that lead the trips seem like a friend, since you follow their daily lives. It probably feels safer and more fun than joining a totally random group trip. Seems being the operating word since these people often don't have any real qualifications to lead the trips they do. But I do get it. As I go into my 30s, more and more friends get married, pop out babies. Their holidays are now being used to travel with their romantic partners or families, not with friends. I actually like traveling alone so I'm not very fussed, but some people hate it or are scared of it. So for single people with disposable income who don't want to travel alone, trips like this sound like a good option even when they're more expensive.

That said, why on earth is anyone willingly paying a trip that puts you in the vicinity of Zanna, tallest and most annoying human on earth?

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I guess some people feel lonely/don't have friends who share their interests or can take the same amount of time off. The influencers that lead the trips seem like a friend, since you follow their daily lives. It probably feels safer and more fun than joining a totally random group trip. Seems being the operating word since these people often don't have any real qualifications to lead the trips they do. But I do get it. As I go into my 30s, more and more friends get married, pop out babies. Their holidays are now being used to travel with their romantic partners or families, not with friends. I actually like traveling alone so I'm not very fussed, but some people hate it or are scared of it. So for single people with disposable income who don't want to travel alone, trips like this sound like a good option even when they're more expensive.

That said, why on earth is anyone willingly paying a trip that puts you in the vicinity of Zanna, tallest and most annoying human on earth?
Completely agree with this. As someone who is single and doesnt have close friends who are willing to travel with me, I can see the incentive. The price is too much for me even if I did want to go. Its a shame, that single women have a hard time being able to to a lot things due to safety.

Reactions: 11
Completely agree with this. As someone who is single and doesnt have close friends who are willing to travel with me, I can see the incentive. The price is too much for me even if I did want to go. Its a shame, that single women have a hard time being able to to a lot things due to safety.
Yeah, safety is a huge thing as a single, female traveler.

I could also see how these groups would feel like a good way to meet new friends. You all share an interest, based on the influencer leading the trip. Like with Zanna, I assume you like wankery people. No, I kid. Probably are super obsessed with working out, for example. Other influencers I've seen doing these trips include one of those girls who do corporate job memes/reels/jokes. Another one is a van-lifer who loves dogs. Everyone is also around the same age/has similar lifestyles. It could give common ground and make the group have a better time. As opposed to when I went on a group trip that included everything from families with young kids to senior citizens, and only one other girl my age. I still had a good time, and everyone was lovely but didn't really build long lasting connections.

But really. Zanna just seems like such an annoying group lead, loud and like she makes it all about her. And from previous trips, she doesn't seem particularly knowledgeable or like she'd be able to guide you at all (exhibit A: showing her crotch in tight shorts in conservative, rural Jordan).

Reactions: 6
I went on holiday with much better adventures- they do group trips for people who like adventure and off beaten track - most people are 25-45 and most people book onto the trip alone. Was so great!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Oh don't get me wrong, I fully get the appeal of joining a like minded group, I just can't understand why anyone would pay to spend time in her company!

Reactions: 5
zazinpan the mountain leader
---
Oh boy she is really a wanker

• Haha
Reactions: 12
She may be better off giving Brownies a go first, maybe you can get a badge for first hike

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I was in the mountains last year with women who were at various stages of their ML course, it sounds like it's no joke and insulting that Zanna thinks she's ready for it after a few walks around Surrey and on holidays. Can you imagine her clocking up the necessary amount of mountain time in crappy, non-Instagrammable conditions?

Reactions: 10
Seriously, my kids on their Bronze DofE have done more hiking than she has. She goes on bleeping walks in Surrey 😭😭 I DESPAIR!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
The woman is a (v tall) walking billboard for the Dunning-Kruger effect. I really have no words for this latest mountain leader venture!!!

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.