Zanna Van Dijk #2 Long Haul Flight Abuser

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm no dentist, but I wouldnt have thought crunchy granola is the best idea after dental surgery 🤷🏼‍♀️🙈🤣
It would have to be crunchy for it to be a dental issue. Having regrettably purchased some, I can confirm that it's not crunchy, more soft and stale like it has been left out of a packet for a long time. It also has very few chunks, most of it just single peanuts and the taste is pretty woeful. All in all a horrible purchase.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
That vegan cookie dough brand she was posting about in the supermarket the other day have sent her six packets of their stuff. On the story Zanna states “the brand messaged me and asked if I wanted any more, so I said hell yeah”.

This is hardly the worst thing she’s ever done but it’s really highlighted to me how crap the influencer culture (and Zanna herself) is. She could easily have said “no thanks, I was just shopping and saw these, thought they looked good so I posted on my story. I’m absolutely loaded and thousands of people are struggling to afford food right now so I’d rather you gifted to them. I’ll purchase whenever I can because I like supporting smaller businesses”. Did any of that cross her mind? No. What did she do? Asked for free stuff.

This is why I won’t trust any reviews or recommendations from these people. They’re either trying to impress the brand so they get #gifted stuff or they’ve already been gifted/paid for an ad and it’s all fake.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
That vegan cookie dough brand she was posting about in the supermarket the other day have sent her six packets of their stuff. On the story Zanna states “the brand messaged me and asked if I wanted any more, so I said hell yeah”.

This is hardly the worst thing she’s ever done but it’s really highlighted to me how crap the influencer culture (and Zanna herself) is. She could easily have said “no thanks, I was just shopping and saw these, thought they looked good so I posted on my story. I’m absolutely loaded and thousands of people are struggling to afford food right now so I’d rather you gifted to them. I’ll purchase whenever I can because I like supporting smaller businesses”. Did any of that cross her mind? No. What did she do? Asked for free stuff.

This is why I won’t trust any reviews or recommendations from these people. They’re either trying to impress the brand so they get #gifted stuff or they’ve already been gifted/paid for an ad and it’s all fake.
Agree. She comes across very money-grabbing/keen for free stuff when she’s also demonstrably very well off. I think she has lost her way between making money from insta and providing valuable and useful content. Most noticeably her swimwear brand (the one credible thing I think she has) being so expensive!

Reactions: 3
Agree. She comes across very money-grabbing/keen for free stuff when she’s also demonstrably very well off. I think she has lost her way between making money from insta and providing valuable and useful content. Most noticeably her swimwear brand (the one credible thing I think she has) being so expensive!
She has definitely lost her way. You'd think she'd have learnt that something was going wrong with her ads and gifted products from the way she quite literally has to beg for engagement on the ads she posts. But no. She just needs to take a step back and work on treating her platform as a business rather than just as a way to grab as much free stuff as quickly as possible.

I'd be interested in hearing how she justifies the pricing of Stay Wild. I mean how she truly justifies it, not the reasons she gives to her followers for the crazy prices. There are plenty of brands out there offering sustainable swimwear at much more reasonable costs so it clearly can be done. Stay Wild's margins can't be as tight as she claims.

I would have thought that with Zanna caring so much about the environment and the oceans, she'd want to ensure that her sustainable brand was accessible to as many people as possible. It's well-known that a lot of sustainable and eco-friendly products are simply pricing a massive number of consumers out of the market. There are plenty of people out there who would like to support environmentally friendly brands but just cannot afford to do so. I'd even argue that there's net benefit in marginally reducing the eco credentials of Stay Wild (e.g. 95% recycled materials instead of 100%) in order to sell at a more affordable price point. At the moment they'll have a few people buying completely perfect (sustainability-wise) swimsuits for £170 and everyone else turning to cheap fast fashion swimwear. If they reduced prices, more people would be able to buy the sustainable option, even if it's not 100% 'perfect' in terms of environmental impact. Less fast fashion items would be produced and sold. It's the whole "more people doing something imperfectly has a greater impact than fewer people doing it perfectly" argument all over again. Stay Wild should realise this.

From a business perspective, good for her if the brand's succeeding with that pricing strategy. I'm not saying she should sacrifice all profits or anything along those lines. Just that the current £££ prices don't align with her supposed views.

Rant over.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
She has definitely lost her way. You'd think she'd have learnt that something was going wrong with her ads and gifted products from the way she quite literally has to beg for engagement on the ads she posts. But no. She just needs to take a step back and work on treating her platform as a business rather than just as a way to grab as much free stuff as quickly as possible.

I'd be interested in hearing how she justifies the pricing of Stay Wild. I mean how she truly justifies it, not the reasons she gives to her followers for the crazy prices. There are plenty of brands out there offering sustainable swimwear at much more reasonable costs so it clearly can be done. Stay Wild's margins can't be as tight as she claims.

I would have thought that with Zanna caring so much about the environment and the oceans, she'd want to ensure that her sustainable brand was accessible to as many people as possible. It's well-known that a lot of sustainable and eco-friendly products are simply pricing a massive number of consumers out of the market. There are plenty of people out there who would like to support environmentally friendly brands but just cannot afford to do so. I'd even argue that there's net benefit in marginally reducing the eco credentials of Stay Wild (e.g. 95% recycled materials instead of 100%) in order to sell at a more affordable price point. At the moment they'll have a few people buying completely perfect (sustainability-wise) swimsuits for £170 and everyone else turning to cheap fast fashion swimwear. If they reduced prices, more people would be able to buy the sustainable option, even if it's not 100% 'perfect' in terms of environmental impact. Less fast fashion items would be produced and sold. It's the whole "more people doing something imperfectly has a greater impact than fewer people doing it perfectly" argument all over again. Stay Wild should realise this.

From a business perspective, good for her if the brand's succeeding with that pricing strategy. I'm not saying she should sacrifice all profits or anything along those lines. Just that the current £££ prices don't align with her supposed views.

Rant over.
NAILED IT!!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I really think she just wanted her brand to be higher end, ie. luxe and aspirational (sold in Selfridges, featured in glossy magazines, and didn't they get invited to a fashion show?) which I think is half the problem with more than a few so called sustainable fashion brands at the moment. If they truly want to make a difference the prices need to be more accessible to the general population, with smaller profit margins being a key factor. It's Zanna's narcissism and ego that's the issue here!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I really think she just wanted her brand to be higher end, ie. luxe and aspirational (sold in Selfridges, featured in glossy magazines, and didn't they get invited to a fashion show?) which I think is half the problem with more than a few so called sustainable fashion brands at the moment. If they truly want to make a difference the prices need to be more accessible to the general population, with smaller profit margins being a key factor. It's Zanna's narcissism and ego that's the issue here!
Definitely. I think Zanna measures her success in terms of features in Vogue, Selfridges stocking their items, exhibiting at London Fashion Week - everything you've mentioned. Profit should be important but, if she truly wants to drive change, she should also be measuring success in terms of innovative products (who needs a Stay Wild water bottle when there are 10,000 other brands out there?) and enabling customers to make more sustainable and ethical purchases. Stay Wild's products are neither innovative nor affordable, if you ask me.

Reactions: 2
Her last story made my blood boil. She hasn’t let herself listen to certain music lately because it made her sad that she had cancelled trips, when she had ALREADY been to South Africa and NZ this year, places people would save their whole lives to visit. I hate this word but she’s a bleep

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Her last story made my blood boil. She hasn’t let herself listen to certain music lately because it made her sad that she had cancelled trips, when she had ALREADY been to South Africa and NZ this year, places people would save their whole lives to visit. I hate this word but she’s a bleep
She should be thankful she’s still got a job or sorts and hasn’t lost anyone close to her.

A cancelled trip ffs? Christ I know people who’ve had to cancel weddings that have been planned for ages and had thousands spent on them, I know people who’ve had to miss the funerals of close friends and family, I know people who’ve not left the house since March, I know people who’ve really struggled financially. Whinging about a postponed holiday is so disgustingly trivial at the moment!

Reactions: 10
Especially the postponement of a no doubt gifted holiday that she’s lost nothing on, apart from the chance to rack up more air miles

Reactions: 5
Definitely. I think Zanna measures her success in terms of features in Vogue, Selfridges stocking their items, exhibiting at London Fashion Week - everything you've mentioned. Profit should be important but, if she truly wants to drive change, she should also be measuring success in terms of innovative products (who needs a Stay Wild water bottle when there are 10,000 other brands out there?) and enabling customers to make more sustainable and ethical purchases. Stay Wild's products are neither innovative nor affordable, if you ask me.
Also it’s clear the sustainability element is a gimmick that’s being used to try and give a generic looking swimwear brand an ‘edge’ and justify its ridiculous prices. It gives them an air of superiority over an already crowded market.

Someone that cares about sustainability and the planet would absolutely not justify flying to the Maldives for a couple of pictures.

Reactions: 8
Such a complete and utter overly privileged princess 🤢🤨

Reactions: 4
Especially the postponement of a no doubt gifted holiday that she’s lost nothing on, apart from the chance to rack up more air miles
Yes!

This whole crisis has made me realise how self absorbed a lot of people are. I’m just thankful I’m in good health, I don’t know anyone who’s died and I have a job to go back to when it’s over. That’s more than a lot of people have got.

Reactions: 8
Yes!

This whole crisis has made me realise how self absorbed a lot of people are. I’m just thankful I’m in good health, I don’t know anyone who’s died and I have a job to go back to when it’s over. That’s more than a lot of people have got.
Exactly this, I’m very grateful for what I have. Our holiday was cancelled, I haven’t really given it another thought, we have our home, our health, our family, our jobs and have been able to put food on the table. This level of self pity over something so trivial when some people have literally lost everything just really gets on my nerves.

Reactions: 4
She should be thankful she’s still got a job or sorts and hasn’t lost anyone close to her.

A cancelled trip ffs? Christ I know people who’ve had to cancel weddings that have been planned for ages and had thousands spent on them, I know people who’ve had to miss the funerals of close friends and family, I know people who’ve not left the house since March, I know people who’ve really struggled financially. Whinging about a postponed holiday is so disgustingly trivial at the moment!
Same!!!!!!!!!!

Yes!

I agree 100%. I’ve had my whole year cancelled, we’ve had holidays, my best friends wedding abroad, festivals, parties and family events. But my god I’m lucky I’ve remained in my job and I have not lost a loved one. I would never EVER moan about something so trivial. Selfish person

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I'm actually a big believer in letting people moan about trivial things. I'm lucky enough to not have lost any loved ones but the lockdown has still sucked. I'm not going to sit here and pretend that I'm not disappointed over my cancelled travels or postponed new job. I really don't like the culture of "somebody has it worse than you so you can't be upset".

Zanna moaning to her hundreds of thousands of followers about her 57th gifted long-haul holiday this year being cancelled is just ridiculous though. I'm not posting on my instagram about how devastated I am to not be in Buenos Aires right now because I appreciate that in the grand scheme of things, I'm really very lucky. I haven't lost anyone close to me, I have a job still (even if it's on hold right now), I have food and a house. Even if Zanna's disappointed her trips aren't going ahead, she needs to get some perspective and realise that many of her followers probably have much bigger issues to face right now. I kind of understand her being upset but she shouldn't post about it so thoughtlessly.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.