Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Bugdem

I think my problem with her is that she cannot see just how privileged she actually is. This physio/Pilates coaching and dry needling and saying she’s making it a priority and not a luxury.

I’m currently a trainee solicitor, doing a really demanding job earning half of my qualified colleagues but essentially doing the same work, and currently my “luxury” is one Costa a week.

That’s it.

I buy all my food from Aldi, I meal prep, I don’t eat take always, I’m fucking exhausted and to see this balloon say she values her body so much she’s paying hundreds of pounds a month on fucking Pilates when I’m struggling to buy a bloody coffee. Fuck off Zanna.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I've been pondering whether to comment on here for a while but I finally feel ready to share my opinion.
I've followed Zanna on and off for many years (no longer following) and I've just found her less and less relatable. Her lifestyle is unachievable for your average Joe, her "job" (I use that term loosely) basically involves her getting paid lots of money to have nice things and experiences which she then flaunts on camera, she's incredible preachy, and she's not open to any form of constructive conversation because people with opinions that aren't the same as hers are instantly labelled as "trolls". In the past I've wanted to comment or message my opinion, to open up a conversation and challenge her ideas in a positive way but I've hung back for fear of being demonised as a "troll". This prevents her from engaging with anyone that could give her fresh ideas or opinions that could move her content forwards in a positive way. As a result of this her platforms have just become incredibly self indulgent and "my way or the high way".

I've just watched her Q&A with Ant and she just spends the whole video talking over him, looking at herself in the reflection of the camera, messing with her hair, laughing at his opinions and constantly bringing the focus back to herself. She also comes across as quite goofy and odd on camera and I don't think that side of her career really suits her! The way she begs for likes on her Insta photos and asks for comments on her travel photos because she's had such a "hard working" holiday is really quite horrendous, second only to her very expensive products that no one can afford! If it wasn't so awful it would be funny! 🤦

If you're reading this Zanna, use lockdown to think about how to make yourself more relatable and allow people to engage with your content without demonising everyone who has a conflicting opinion as a nasty troll, because we're not! When hundreds of people are dying every day it's really hard to watch your privileged life and care about your repetitive home workouts, how many countries you've visited, how little TV you watch (🤦), how to make vegan recipes with ridiculously overpriced ingredients, or even your basic TikTok "content" which I didn't realise was a "job"... You learn something new everyday hey?! You are so far removed from normal life and if you carry on, less and less people will be able to relate to you 🤷

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 26

Greencatfysh

VIP Member
New thread suggestion - Zanna Van Dijk #3
eco warrior flying a tonne, more free stuff please or I’ll block you hun ❤🥰

Reactions: 26
One thing that boils my tits is the constant reference to "hiking" or going on "a hike". It's Surrey, not the Andes. Mate, you're going for a walk. Get over yourself.

• Haha
Reactions: 22

Justbereal

I could write hundreds of things about this odious creature on here (trust me I know her!) but I really am blown away by her behaviour during this global pandemic. She has piped up today about the need to stay at home etc etc when yesterday she had no shame in posting the fact that she drove to Richmond Park (it’s a 15 minute drive from where she lives) and happily wondered around. She keeps showing herself walking along the street stroking other people’s cats?! What the hell does she think she is doing! STOP TOUCHING OTHER PEOPLES PETS! Her behaviour has gone from immoral and crass to dangerously unaware. She is leaving the house several times a day. We are now likely to be heading to no outdoor activity because of people like her, she will be ok as maybe her content might have some relevance if people do (what can only be described as reckless and uneducated) work outs. The piece on the guardian Instagram just shows how ill equipped in her own field she is. She is constantly getting free food sent to her and gives nothing to the people who are actually in need. Her truly grotesque personality is really showing itself and she is pushing people to come out of the woodwork and reveal things she really won’t want to be made public! She is the epitome of everything that is wrong with this mass generation of ‘bloggers’. Dangerous, unhealthy, disordered liars.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 20

Branched

That vegan cookie dough brand she was posting about in the supermarket the other day have sent her six packets of their stuff. On the story Zanna states “the brand messaged me and asked if I wanted any more, so I said hell yeah”.

This is hardly the worst thing she’s ever done but it’s really highlighted to me how crap the influencer culture (and Zanna herself) is. She could easily have said “no thanks, I was just shopping and saw these, thought they looked good so I posted on my story. I’m absolutely loaded and thousands of people are struggling to afford food right now so I’d rather you gifted to them. I’ll purchase whenever I can because I like supporting smaller businesses”. Did any of that cross her mind? No. What did she do? Asked for free stuff.

This is why I won’t trust any reviews or recommendations from these people. They’re either trying to impress the brand so they get #gifted stuff or they’ve already been gifted/paid for an ad and it’s all fake.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Myannarah

Long time lurker on here, finally signed up as I had to put my two cents in about Zanna. Probably been following her for about 2 years but in the last 3 months she has really been grating on me. Basically for all the things you guys have said before.

I have to say I did buy her workout bundle and I did enjoy it, her vegan cookbook was crap in my opinion (waste of money). Anyway, I just can’t watch her stories anymore. Bloody hell she works out so much, it must be unhealthy. Her schedule is ridiculous, like why does she have to put that “oh I slept till 7am, normal I wake up at 5am”. Also she always has say “I done couple of hours of emails over this morning so I can enjoy the weekend” she talks about her emails all the time, I don’t understand why she constantly has so many!

Her travel blog write ups are stupid, last summer I took my husband on a European road trip for 3 weeks, we did Austria, Slovakia, Germany, Italy and Slovenia. It was an amazing trip. We love to hike etc but try to get away from the tourist hotspots. We have to travel in the peak seasons as I’m a teacher but we try to stay away from the crowds. Stupidly I thought I‘ll have a look at Zanna’s guides whilst researching and I found a hike that looked amazing (one of her hidden gems). I have to say the views were beautiful however, the amount of tourists there were was insane. From then I could tell she literally picks tourist hotspots as her hidden gems. Both me and my husband both agree although it was stunning it was not worth the crowds.

It frustrates me that because she actually spends so little time in each country she doesn’t actually get the feel of the land. I feel like she just wants to tick off all the countries and be like “yeah I’ve been to every country in the world”. It’s counterproductive especially as she puts out the persona of “we have to stop climate change”

Apologies for the long rant but this girl has annoyed me for too long and I haven’t been able to vent it anywhere.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Myannarah

Has anyone seen the couple q&a with ant on YouTube. She is not relatable at all, the way she kept talking about how they are now a “normal couple” because they watch Netflix. Also ant had an opportunity to move to New York last year but didn’t because zanna didn’t want to leave London at that particular time. Zanna basically said they only way they can move country is if any leaves his job and works for her. Even though he has the opportunity to move to New York, Singapore or Sydney. Also she didn’t know that ant grandparents are Chinese?? You been with the guy for over 4 years and you don’t know anything about the guy grandparents. When he mentioned it she was like “oh I didn’t know that”. I’m sorry but I’ve been with my husband for a year and half and I know his heritage of his great grandparents. Am I the only one that thinks that their relationship is quite odd?

• Wow
Reactions: 17
I don’t have a problem with anyone’s level of busy being different to another’s!
I too get up at 530 like Zanna to go to CrossFit as it’s e only time I can fit it in before the kids get up and my husband goes to work! I prob save time as I do not tell my Instagram about this everyday.
I work nights shifts as a nurse in children’s intensive care where some nights I don’t get to sit down due to my patients needs. I don’t always get the luxury of sleep after and will have been up 36hours by the time I go back to bed that night.
Do I have stress cries and tell the entire world how long I have been awake and how much I have done like I’m some kind of martyr. No I do not I have a grumble to my husband and pals then I realise I’m lucky!
There will be a million people who have done both more and less than me in that period. And their will be people suffering who wish they could go to the gym and work. I see families in my job going through the worst thing imaginable.
Zanna has zero clue how lucky and privileged she is. Being busy is a blessing and the kind of busy that allows you the money and time to fit in all that self care is next level! It is a shame because when I first started following her after listening to fit and fearless I enjoyed her content - she is now becoming insufferable.

I don’t have a problem with anyone’s level of busy being different to another’s!
I too get up at 530 like Zanna to go to CrossFit as it’s e only time I can fit it in before the kids get up and my husband goes to work! I prob save time as I do not tell my Instagram about this everyday.
I work nights shifts as a nurse in children’s intensive care where some nights I don’t get to sit down due to my patients needs. I don’t always get the luxury of sleep after and will have been up 36hours by the time I go back to bed that night.
Do I have stress cries and tell the entire world how long I have been awake and how much I have done like I’m some kind of martyr. No I do not I have a grumble to my husband and pals then I realise I’m lucky!
There will be a million people who have done both more and less than me in that period. And their will be people suffering who wish they could go to the gym and work. I see families in my job going through the worst thing imaginable.
Zanna has zero clue how lucky and privileged she is. Being busy is a blessing and the kind of busy that allows you the money and time to fit in all that self care is next level! It is a shame because when I first started following her after listening to fit and fearless I enjoyed her content - she is now becoming insufferable.
After this rant I have now unfollowed! 🤣 I guess I won’t need to moan about it now I’m not seeing it ha

Last edited:
  • Heart

Justbereal

Oh and also to end speculation, YES, the vast majority of her followers are purchased. Also she has a blocked list of accounts that would blow your minds. I’m not talking hundreds I’m talking thousands!

• Wow
  • Heart
I worked at a gym in London where they all used to work. The management insisted they hand in their qualifications as investors were looking to purchase the business with the “staff”

You have one guess who never turned their qualifications in as they admitted at one point they didn’t have any and were insured.

They flaunt their bodies because that is all they have. They don’t understand nutrition or training enough to base their brand off it. I have see Zanna train a client and it was worse than appalling.

• Wow
Reactions: 16

Branched

Agree. She comes across very money-grabbing/keen for free stuff when she’s also demonstrably very well off. I think she has lost her way between making money from insta and providing valuable and useful content. Most noticeably her swimwear brand (the one credible thing I think she has) being so expensive!
She has definitely lost her way. You'd think she'd have learnt that something was going wrong with her ads and gifted products from the way she quite literally has to beg for engagement on the ads she posts. But no. She just needs to take a step back and work on treating her platform as a business rather than just as a way to grab as much free stuff as quickly as possible.

I'd be interested in hearing how she justifies the pricing of Stay Wild. I mean how she truly justifies it, not the reasons she gives to her followers for the crazy prices. There are plenty of brands out there offering sustainable swimwear at much more reasonable costs so it clearly can be done. Stay Wild's margins can't be as tight as she claims.

I would have thought that with Zanna caring so much about the environment and the oceans, she'd want to ensure that her sustainable brand was accessible to as many people as possible. It's well-known that a lot of sustainable and eco-friendly products are simply pricing a massive number of consumers out of the market. There are plenty of people out there who would like to support environmentally friendly brands but just cannot afford to do so. I'd even argue that there's net benefit in marginally reducing the eco credentials of Stay Wild (e.g. 95% recycled materials instead of 100%) in order to sell at a more affordable price point. At the moment they'll have a few people buying completely perfect (sustainability-wise) swimsuits for £170 and everyone else turning to cheap fast fashion swimwear. If they reduced prices, more people would be able to buy the sustainable option, even if it's not 100% 'perfect' in terms of environmental impact. Less fast fashion items would be produced and sold. It's the whole "more people doing something imperfectly has a greater impact than fewer people doing it perfectly" argument all over again. Stay Wild should realise this.

From a business perspective, good for her if the brand's succeeding with that pricing strategy. I'm not saying she should sacrifice all profits or anything along those lines. Just that the current £££ prices don't align with her supposed views.

Rant over.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Ups27

VIP Member
Her last story made my blood boil. She hasn’t let herself listen to certain music lately because it made her sad that she had cancelled trips, when she had ALREADY been to South Africa and NZ this year, places people would save their whole lives to visit. I hate this word but she’s a cunt

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
So I filled in her assumption box and said that I assume she doesn't like to face constructive comments that open up discussions and I am now blocked! I guess my assumptions were correct then 😅🥴 Nothing in my comment was nasty, I worded it carefully in the hope she might address becoming more open to meaningful opinions and ideas from her followers but no... She's obviously always right and that's that! 🤦

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 15

Kangaroo123

I was recommended her latest vlog on YouTube so I did the decent thing and wrote a summary of the content!

- 🐜 is doing the vlog today for a boyfriend takeover. He starts in a far larger than average sized bedroom for London and then descends some stairs to continue moving through their “tiny tiny” flat that Zanna likes to claim is far too small for her (she’s going house hunting dontcha know?)
- Zanna is working on the sofa on a Sunday morning cause she is super busy planning more long haul trips (Peru this time).
- They’re going to hiking shops and Zanna has a massive shopping list cause she’s oh so sustainable and loves to reuse rather than buy new... oh wait
- Zanna and 🐜 try and fail to find brunch in Soho, they eventually find somewhere and eat avocado on toast and some rank looking tea that is the colour of piss
- They get to the hiking shop and apparently spend 3 hours plus in there, cause Zanna likes to be the centre of attention, she’s ruined 🐜’s weekend and made him come shopping with her to watch her try on men’s hiking clothing in the changing rooms (women’s don’t fit her because she’s soooo tall)
- 4 hours later, they’re out the shop and in a taxi home because they have soooo much stuff they can’t carry it and because that’s what a good sustainable, earth loving person would choose as a method of transportation. Zanna then feels the need to point out, WHILST IN THE TAXI, that she needed all this stuff new because it’s going to last her forever and it is an investment and most definitely won’t be thrown out...
- She then had another attack of conscience in the taxi, and claims she is borrowing down jackets now which she won’t buy herself cause ‘ethics’ and she’s actually borrowing loads of stuff actually etc etc ignoring the fact that she evidently bought so much stuff that two adults couldn’t carry it home on the tube
- Vegan cookery now by 🐜 and Zanna raves about some hemp Parmesan thing, that inevitably is far too expensive for anyone else to buy
- finishing the vlog off with their plans for the evening.. watching Netflix... wait I thought she didn’t watch TV?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14

Greencatfysh

VIP Member
Guys I’m so torn. I’m so deathly bored of her and want her off my feed. But on the other hand don’t want to miss the opportunity to rinse her on here. It’s a truly serious dilemma

• Haha
Absolutely convinced she empties her stay wild swim water bottle over herself before doing her "omg so sweaty guyzzz" post workout story

• Haha

Cb478

Also can we just point out that for a supposed “small business owner”, how unprofessional it is to call out another company on social media to try and use your “influencer status” to try and shame the company into responding to you? Girl get some class (or a solicitor lol).

Reactions: 13

Hc68759

VIP Member
So she’s not going to be posting much about sustainability anymore as she receives too much hate when she does.
if she was genuinely really passionate about it then she wouldn’t care about the “hate” she gets and she would continue to use her platform to discuss it. The fact she’s more concerned about wanting people to like her shows she doesn’t actually really give a shit and it was just another bandwagon she jumped on

Reactions: 13