Zanna Van Dijk #2 Long Haul Flight Abuser

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can someone report back on her latest blog? I refuse to give her views šŸ¤¢

I would LOVE to send her this every time she gets all preachy!

Also her and Ant being gifted fancy 4x4s before all of this every other weekend to drive around the country in šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

Reactions: 2
Can someone report back on her latest blog? I refuse to give her views šŸ¤¢

Also her and Ant being gifted fancy 4x4s before all of this every other weekend to drive around the country in šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø
I donā€™t know if sheā€™s posted more recent content but the last I saw of her blog was her ā€œunderrated places to visit in Englandā€ post. First of all, Iā€™m not sure whatā€™s wrong with Scotland or Wales, but oh well. To be honest, Iā€™m quite happy that sheā€™s choosing to stay away, we donā€™t want her!

If I remember correctly, the underrated English spots included the Peak District and Isle of Wight. Groundbreaking content really, Iā€™ve never heard of anyone choosing to visit these really obscure places! She also included some generic crap about these places, with her incredible ā€˜insider secretsā€™ aka whatever comes up in the first few results on google. Chatsworth was one of these I think. Again, groundbreaking. Give it a few months and sheā€™ll be preaching about how she single-handedly saved the ā€˜small businessā€™ that is Chatsworth.

In short, itā€™s the same as all the other badly written, copied content sheā€™s posted before. Nothing changes for Zanna I guess.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I donā€™t know if sheā€™s posted more recent content but the last I saw of her blog was her ā€œunderrated places to visit in Englandā€ post. First of all, Iā€™m not sure whatā€™s wrong with Scotland or Wales, but oh well. To be honest, Iā€™m quite happy that sheā€™s choosing to stay away, we donā€™t want her!

If I remember correctly, the underrated English spots included the Peak District and Isle of Wight. Groundbreaking content really, Iā€™ve never heard of anyone choosing to visit these really obscure places! She also included some generic crap about these places, with her incredible ā€˜insider secretsā€™ aka whatever comes up in the first few results on google. Chatsworth was one of these I think. Again, groundbreaking. Give it a few months and sheā€™ll be preaching about how she single-handedly saved the ā€˜small businessā€™ that is Chatsworth.

In short, itā€™s the same as all the other badly written, copied content sheā€™s posted before. Nothing changes for Zanna I guess.
Too bad she is only sharing the underrated places in England, and not Scotland. How on earth will people find out about other hidden gems like Edinburgh, or Loch Lomond?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Too bad she is only sharing the underrated places in England, and not Scotland. How on earth will people find out about other hidden gems like Edinburgh, or Loch Lomond?
You forgot Loch Ness. Clearly we DO need Zanny Chops to create some content for us šŸ˜†

• Haha
I know itā€™s been said before, but Iā€™m convinced she writes these messages of praise to herself, they all sound so similar!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I know itā€™s been said before, but Iā€™m convinced she writes these messages of praise to herself, they all sound so similar!
I think they're probably genuine but I do think it's incredibly self-congratulatory of her to share them publicly like that.

They have to be written by her. They always start with "Hey Zanna! I just wanted to..." and then always end with an exclamation mark and a weird emoji. And praise her in the weirdest longest essay-esque way.

She probably doesn't consider the honest messages she gets to be in-depth and praising her enough. Good lord this woman is insane.

Reactions: 3
100% she writes them herself, actually think she has mental health problems, she is so wrapped up in herself, it's not normal. Such a sad life life she has as it really only involves herself, šŸœ is just her sidekick, I really don't think she loves him in the way most women love there man. She is very weird.

Sheā€™s been really pissing me off with not declaring gifted things on her stories recently. Telling us how great her thermomix is while conveniently leaving out the bit that it was free, doing a tour round her plants and not saying theyā€™re all gifted.

Unfortunately you canā€™t report these things as theyā€™re not direct ads - yes I was petty enough to look. Even though sheā€™s not technically breaking any rules, I just find it incredibly dishonest.

Reactions: 4
She still has to declare them as gifts though, so that can be reported. Although thatā€™s the norm with most influencers, especially at the moment. They mark it as #gift once and think that covers them

Reactions: 1
Sheā€™s been really pissing me off with not declaring gifted things on her stories recently. Telling us how great her thermomix is while conveniently leaving out the bit that it was free, doing a tour round her plants and not saying theyā€™re all gifted.

Unfortunately you canā€™t report these things as theyā€™re not direct ads - yes I was petty enough to look. Even though sheā€™s not technically breaking any rules, I just find it incredibly dishonest.
Still report with screen shots to ASA, it's very quick & easy to do and they follow up with you as to what action was taken.

Still report with screen shots to ASA, it's very quick & easy to do and they follow up with you as to what action was taken.
Unfortunately the ASA donā€™t deal with gifted things. This is what I got from when I tried before:

ā€œWe understand that the item was gifted to this influencer and so the stories in question would not constitute advertising for the purposes of the advertising Code. Whilst we acknowledge your concerns about gifts, issues relating to the disclosure of items as gifts are subject to regulation under consumer protection legislation enforced by the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) rather than the ASA. The CMA expects influencer's to disclose when an individual receives any form of monetary payment, a loan of a product or service, any incentive and/or commission or have been given the product theyā€™re posting about for free.

In comparison, the ASAā€™s primary concern is to ensure that marketing communications are obviously identifiable as such. There is a two stage test for content to be considered an ad. The test hinges on the concepts of payment and control and applies to both offline and online media. As this issue has not been raised in this instance it would not be appropriate for the ASA to intervene on this occasion.ā€

So it seems like influencers are expected to disclose #gift but itā€™s enforced by the CMA rather than the ASA, who I donā€™t think you can report to? I may be wrong there though. I think maybe what was said above about only having to mark it once could be a factor too, the stories werenā€™t the first time sheā€™d shown the products.

I donā€™t know the intricacies of the law but I really feel that if sheā€™s doing stories specifically on how good her plants are or how great the damn Thermomix is, they should 100% be marked gifted. Too bad I donā€™t make or enforce the rules:ROFLMAO:

Did anyone see her stories earlier this week when she went to a park to meet a friend? That was fine, although her definition of 2m apart was a tad shaky. Then they let a stranger buy them cocktails in cans šŸ™„ and THEN Natalie turned up too! So not only has she met two people who arenā€™t part of her household, failed to social distance properly, but sheā€™s accepted a drink from a random. I really should have posted at the time...

Did anyone see her stories earlier this week when she went to a park to meet a friend? That was fine, although her definition of 2m apart was a tad shaky. Then they let a stranger buy them cocktails in cans šŸ™„ and THEN Natalie turned up too! So not only has she met two people who arenā€™t part of her household, failed to social distance properly, but sheā€™s accepted a drink from a random. I really should have posted at the time...
The stranger bought them drinks because they were sunbathing in their skimpy swimsuits, im sure he was looking for more

I am one of the saddo's who bought her "super chunky, chewy granola" when it 1st came out. It was horrible! Firstly it just came in a lightly padded brown envelope, so there were not a lot of chunks left, it was mostly all broken up. The bag was half full & it just tasted šŸ˜–. Ended up feeding it to the birds who seemed to enjoy it though. Never again!!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
I saw yesterday that Zanna was asking for recommendations for hikes ā€˜up to 4 hours awayā€™. Now I know rules in England have changed, but thatā€™s just taking the piss. Itā€™s totally unnecessary to be driving that far unless itā€™s an emergency, not because you fancy a walk.
Sorry, just catching up on this thread:

I live close to the lake district, and I'm so sick of people using these rules as an opportunity to come up here from the city. People like Zanna should be telling people to stay away from the countryside because our infrastructure cannot handle if hundreds of people get sick after people bring it here. Cumbria has been one of the worst hit places in the UK, people don't think about the locals before they travel.

Reactions: 6
She should keep her hands off livestock in the countryside. It isnā€™t a petting zoo, itā€™s someoneā€™s livelihood. Sheā€™s touching the fences, gates etc, all risking contamination with Covid. So selfish and ignorant.

Reactions: 11
She should keep her hands off livestock in the countryside. It isnā€™t a petting zoo, itā€™s someoneā€™s livelihood. Sheā€™s touching the fences, gates etc, all risking contamination with Covid. So selfish and ignorant.
This x100. I grew up in the countryside and seeing people think they can pet/feed farm animals drives me crazy. If they're not your animals, leave them be. Especially now given the risks with coronavirus.

I would have expected her to respect this given how much she goes on about her parents' farm and her countryside roots :rolleyes:

This x100. I grew up in the countryside and seeing people think they can pet/feed farm animals drives me crazy. If they're not your animals, leave them be. Especially now given the risks with coronavirus.

I would have expected her to respect this given how much she goes on about her parents' farm and her countryside roots :rolleyes:
everyday farmers are having to deal with townie tourists like her that are clueless and entitled, trampling crops and climbing in with livestock, risking their safety and someone elseā€™s livelihood. She has so many followers who will no doubt follow her ignorant example.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.