Zanna van Dijk #11 Never-ending panelling fest. Vanity project at the Surrey nest

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t begrudge her for being able to set her own hours, it’s the constant gloating about getting up at the crack of dawn and bragging about how busy she is, when she doesn’t put out anything with any originality or substance.
THIS! 👏👏 👏

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Not going to lie but I loveddd this look. Recently she’s been dressing like a 45 year old countryside mum, that i genuinely think this is far far nicer. I love the top, it’s expensive but if I had her money I’d buy it 🤷🏼‍♀️
Surely it's gifted?! I seriously doubt that she bought it.

Reactions: 2
This is going to be a bit controversial but I’m going to post it anyway. There’s always loads of comments calling out Zanna for not working in a conventional, full-time job. I mean, don’t get me wrong, being an influencer is a bullshit career but I don’t actually know what the problem is with her not being sat at a desk for 8/9/10 hours a day? If you had a choice, why would you do that? It seems like such old fashioned thinking, to me.

I quit my 8am-6pm just before the pandemic and now I freelance 2-4 hours a day, earning the same as what I did in a FT job, but I’m much happier. And it wasn’t an easy road, I really had to fight to make it happen. I understand the vast majority of careers can’t be done in a flexible way, but if you could, why wouldn’t you?

Again, not defending her but I really don’t know why this particular life choice winds people up so much? So many jobs are fluid these days...
That’s an absolutely valid point. I think the issue that’s irritating, for me at least, is she goes on about being so busy and being a boss babe and omg I have to wake up so early because I have so much work, and then what she does in her day and actions contradict that. I agree, it’s great not to be chained to a desk, especially in these times, but the content we see is really quite limited in scope & quality. For her, the busy day is going to the stay wild swim factory or taking some pictures. For most people, those actions are just one small part of our day.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
That’s an absolutely valid point. I think the issue that’s irritating, for me at least, is she goes on about being so busy and being a boss babe and omg I have to wake up so early because I have so much work, and then what she does in her day and actions contradict that. I agree, it’s great not to be chained to a desk, especially in these times, but the content we see is really quite limited in scope & quality. For her, the busy day is going to the stay wild swim factory or taking some pictures. For most people, those actions are just one small part of our day.
Absolutely agree with what you’re saying. What she does does not constitute a job, and I honestly don’t know how she gets any satisfaction from it (I guess that’s where the blocking/censoring comes in).
I think though that because she’s never had a ‘conventional’ job she’s all over the place in terms of schedule. I.e she’s never had her boss impose stomach churning deadlines!

Reactions: 7
Being a influencer/content creator is a job. My moans about Zambia are around the 'I'm up at 5am, I'm so busy, my life is so hard crying' nonsense when for the past few years while building her 'job' as an influencer she appears to have had Ant/family to support her. If you look at a lot of IG influencers they have a man, most of the time an older man bank rolling them so they can afford the IG aspiration life that makes an influencer or they come from a privileged family.

She isn't a good, original or hard working influencer/creator. I work with some (proper YT creators) and the hours and work they put in producing good content, sometimes while working in a job full time, for years before being able to do this job full time is why they're so successful, while still being authentic - this isn't Zambia at all.

She plays at the 'job' flitting from trend to trend, hence why her numbers are static and have been for ages.

She has little to offer to an audience, which appears to be IG pods and those blinded by her, I don't understand why any brand would work with her, a few searches show she wouldn't be a great investment and she's a liability by not properly disclosing Ads.

The only good job she does is conning her audience and brands. Would be interesting to see how successful she would be without Ants money and connections, she's not a 'bossbabe' quite the opposite.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Yeah I don’t care about her being able to go shopping or have her brows done on a Wednesday but she needs to stop pretending she is so super busy all the time. It’s clear she’s not, she probably does have the odd busy day but I doubt it’s that often!

Reactions: 8
Absolutely agree with what you’re saying. What she does does not constitute a job, and I honestly don’t know how she gets any satisfaction from it (I guess that’s where the blocking/censoring comes in).
I think though that because she’s never had a ‘conventional’ job she’s all over the place in terms of schedule. I.e she’s never had her boss impose stomach churning deadlines!
Exactly. I would love to work less, but I need to work. I think it infuriates me because she says she’s busy all the time, does very little and can spend £££££ doing up her silly house that is hardly in Surrey.

Reactions: 6
This is going to be a bit controversial but I’m going to post it anyway. There’s always loads of comments calling out Zanna for not working in a conventional, full-time job. I mean, don’t get me wrong, being an influencer is a bullshit career but I don’t actually know what the problem is with her not being sat at a desk for 8/9/10 hours a day? If you had a choice, why would you do that? It seems like such old fashioned thinking, to me.

I quit my 8am-6pm just before the pandemic and now I freelance 2-4 hours a day, earning the same as what I did in a FT job, but I’m much happier. And it wasn’t an easy road, I really had to fight to make it happen. I understand the vast majority of careers can’t be done in a flexible way, but if you could, why wouldn’t you?

Again, not defending her but I really don’t know why this particular life choice winds people up so much? So many jobs are fluid these days...

For me it’s not an issue with her not working a conventional job. It’s getting up at 5am to pretend she has a jam packed boss babe day working so much harder than the rest of us. If I was in her position I would absolutely own “working” a couple of hours and enjoying going shopping in the middle of the day. In fact I really enjoy the influencers who look like they’re having a great time and not constantly trying to prove to their followers how hard working they are. It’s clearly a validation issue she has with herself by needing to look like she does much more work than she does.

Reactions: 19
In her bio it says 'Active Lifestyle Creator'. What does that even mean?!

Oops forgot to credit lilamay for the amazing new thread title🙌
Thank youu!

Has anyone read her latest blog post? Of course, she mentions her own cookbook, the narc 🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
I’m really grateful my outfits from the 80s, 90s, and early aughts are in the film camera graveyard. No one can see what abominations we put together then, and this outfit should be included. It reminds me of those bandana tops of the very early aughts.
No word of a lie, I at age 12 wore a bandana top to a summer camp dance. The audacity.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
The model is stunning but why are we calling women "Bond girls"? It's 2021 and someone who probably thinks of herself as a feminist, should know better

Screenshot_20210414-235255.png

In her bio it says 'Active Lifestyle Creator'. What does that even mean?!
She creates an impression of being active?

I’m sorry but seriously zambo, ya gotta stop with this face!!!! It’s not cute 🙅🏼‍♀️
Is she trying to look like Anna Newton from Anna Edit?

Reactions: 8
I'm 42 almost and she looks older than me. I think the botox actually ages her!
That's often the case, especially if you start young. You don't look younger/better, you look "done".

(Apologies to anyone who gets botox and is happy with how they look. It's just something I noticed in women I know who have had it too).

Reactions: 9
Someone in Ant's circle of friends came her to spill some tea, in a way confirming what we have all been thinking of her for a while now. If anyone cares to add a TL;DR of that please feel free.
Anyone got the link or know the date? Thanks.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.