Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have this too. Relates to a pretty bad health anxiety related breakdown over the span of 2 years 😔 . I hate having to keep dying my hair. Iv started using toner on it as i have balayage.

I have heard of henna hair dye which seems to add colour to your hair rather than strip it but haven't done enough research yet.
I did henna in the past. It looks nice, but it is a permanent dye, so it's the same commitment. And it can't really be covered with chemical eyes so it needs to grow out.

Toner and also the root spray sound nice!

Reactions: 3
Thank you! I was thinking of dove actually, was looking at the new mousse one. Have you tried it?
I haven’t heard of the mousse before so no, I haven’t tried it! I googled and it looks like it’s the same product, just different formula. I am comfortable with my old liquid one so I’ll stick to that for now, but please let me know what you think of the mousse one if you decide to try it! :) No matter which formula you choose, make sure you moisturise dry patches of skin beforehand (for me it’s usually my elbows and my knees) to get an even tan.
My hair color is a light brown, I'd say it's a warm shade with some red and mostly golden undertones. I don't want the commitment of a dye job again, but I'm only 32 and feel a bit self-conscious about those white parts peeking through in the light. I've seen these masks by Maria Nila that offer dye that fades. I only know Maria Nila by name and it is pretty expensive. Any experience with it? I'm not looking for a 100% color match to the rest of my hair, something close to it so that the odd white bits get a tad of color would be sufficient for me. My hair is dry, I wash it daily and it's natural, so I'm unsure whether it would take...
Never tried Maria Nila, but I used a similar colour mask to cover up a botched bleach job. It worked well for me, but I did stain a couple of towels (nothing a quick wash can’t sort out though). Since it worked on bleached hair, it’ll probably work on grays too if you keep it on long enough.

And to make you feel better, I was around 20 or 21 when I started getting patches of grey hair!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
I have a rather funny hair problem - I have single strands of hair that grow out some centimeters white and then some centimeters colored, it looks like they grow like that in pretty regular intervals. And of course, they are along my parting. My aesthetician told me that it's likely a stress-related thing.

My hair color is a light brown, I'd say it's a warm shade with some red and mostly golden undertones. I don't want the commitment of a dye job again, but I'm only 32 and feel a bit self-conscious about those white parts peeking through in the light. I've seen these masks by Maria Nila that offer dye that fades. I only know Maria Nila by name and it is pretty expensive. Any experience with it? I'm not looking for a 100% color match to the rest of my hair, something close to it so that the odd white bits get a tad of color would be sufficient for me. My hair is dry, I wash it daily and it's natural, so I'm unsure whether it would take...

I have the exact same thing with strands of white hair (I have light brown hair naturally) - I don't have enough to warrant a totally dye job so a friend recommended I use a dye as a toner - I use Loreal Majirel Glow in Fairy Pearl with a 10vol developer, I do it myself at home . It lasts for about 3 weeks.I have the Pearl Silver mask by Maria Nila as it is essentially a toner (its like a purple shampoo) but its not very effective on my naturally brown hair but it takes the brassiness away when needed. I am not sure the Maria Nila masks would be strong enough for you but do try them as regardless the one I have leaves my hair really soft.

I have the exact same thing with strands of white hair (I have light brown hair naturally) - I don't have enough to warrant a totally dye job so a friend recommended I use a dye as a toner - I use Loreal Majirel Glow in Fairy Pearl with a 10vol developer, I do it myself at home . It lasts for about 3 weeks.I have the Pearl Silver mask by Maria Nila as it is essentially a toner (its like a purple shampoo) but its not very effective on my naturally brown hair but it takes the brassiness away when needed. I am not sure the Maria Nila masks would be strong enough for you but do try them as regardless the one I have leaves my hair really soft.

Thank you! I'm about to place an order for the shade "Sand", which sounds like it would tone the white bits somewhat and won't do much on the rest of my hair, which is really what I'm looking for. I'm okay with my natural color, just want to cover the white bits up. Soft hair also sounds good, my hair is so dry and tangles easily.

Thank you! I'm about to place an order for the shade "Sand", which sounds like it would tone the white bits somewhat and won't do much on the rest of my hair, which is really what I'm looking for. I'm okay with my natural color, just want to cover the white bits up. Soft hair also sounds good, my hair is so dry and tangles easily.
Let me know how you get on with it. I do think that the only way to deal with grey strands is to try to blend or tone then rather than dye them - once you get so many that you feel the need to cover them fully then thats when you need to start doing a full dye job, which is a pain to maintain.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I love the clean ‘no make up’ look at the moment, and I’ve been looking for a nice tinted moisturiser..

well I’ve just found an amazing one! It’s this CC cream and it’s absolutely perfect! I’m quite fair and I’ve got the shade ‘clair’ and it just smooths out my skin and covers up small blemishes. My skin looks really nice and fresh.
53A8F69D-28E5-4B1E-BD9E-37CCF26E5867.jpeg

Reactions: 8
I love the clean ‘no make up’ look at the moment, and I’ve been looking for a nice tinted moisturiser..

well I’ve just found an amazing one! It’s this CC cream and it’s absolutely perfect! I’m quite fair and I’ve got the shade ‘clair’ and it just smooths out my skin and covers up small blemishes. My skin looks really nice and fresh. View attachment 1268371
What’s the coverage like? I’m someone who refuses to go without makeup, even on holiday and I’m on the hunt for something I can wear.

What’s the coverage like? I’m someone who refuses to go without makeup, even on holiday and I’m on the hunt for something I can wear.
It’s very light, it doesn’t cover like a foundation but if you’re looking for a light holiday look I think it’s worth a go? I love it for work and I’d definitely wear it on holiday! It has a nice glowy look too. If you’re looking for good coverage though it’s probably not the best thing.

I need a moment to rave about Revitalash. I’ve been using it 5 weeks and my lashes are about 70% longer than they were. Currently wearing mascara and some of my lashes are getting close to my brows!

I bought the Revitalash advanced and it’s pricey but so worth it.

9A541E6B-6966-4995-A169-4974572B2FC7.jpeg

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Can anyone recommend a good cheap hairdryer? I get my hair blow dried once a week (family perks) so hardly ever blow my own, it’s more to take on holiday? Thanks

Has anyone ever had anal bleaching before? I’ve been considering it the past few months but still unsure. Wanting others experiences on it 🤔

Hi everyone, have really enjoyed reading through this thread. As someone who being well dressed and looking/feeling nice has a big impact on my MH I definitely like to invest in feeling and looking good. On that note (and sorry if this has been discussed and I’ve missed it) does anyone have any recommendations for a nice, classy but reasonably priced (under £200) watch? I have an Apple Watch but hate how the plastic straps look when I’ve put a nice outfit on and I’m not overly keen on the metal ones. I also have a rose gold Michael Korrs watch which was a birthday gift and I do like but it looks a little beat now due to wear and tear. Any recommendations would be appreciated- I’d love a Rolex but my bank account would not! Ha

Hi everyone, have really enjoyed reading through this thread. As someone who being well dressed and looking/feeling nice has a big impact on my MH I definitely like to invest in feeling and looking good. On that note (and sorry if this has been discussed and I’ve missed it) does anyone have any recommendations for a nice, classy but reasonably priced (under £200) watch? I have an Apple Watch but hate how the plastic straps look when I’ve put a nice outfit on and I’m not overly keen on the metal ones. I also have a rose gold Michael Korrs watch which was a birthday gift and I do like but it looks a little beat now due to wear and tear. Any recommendations would be appreciated- I’d love a Rolex but my bank account would not! Ha
If you don't mind a more retro look, I have a Henry. It's based on 60s style watches and I think mine was about £100.

Check out the Olivia Burton ladies watches, they do a lovely silver and gold round face one which looks very classy 😍 Marc jacobs also have some lovely watches too.

If you want a well enough known watch brand, skagen womens watches are timeless and good price point too!!

Reactions: 10
I'm looking for a lip gloss that will have some staying power and easy to apply... probably in a bright coral and also in a blush pinky colour... I guess for every day work...clinique chubby stick? Are they any good some reviews says there's barely any colour and they don't stay on, otherwise say they're great..

Reactions: 3
I'm looking for a lip gloss that will have some staying power and easy to apply... probably in a bright coral and also in a blush pinky colour... I guess for every day work...clinique chubby stick? Are they any good some reviews says there's barely any colour and they don't stay on, otherwise say they're great..
I use the Sleek matte lip gloss, stays on better than most, can’t help with the colour though as the one I bought to try is a mauve

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.