Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Those of you who've had lash lifts how long do you find they last? I had mine done on the 14th and been so careful with it, not sleeping on my side and haven't even worn makeup at all as been working and the curl has flattened so much :(

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Those of you who've had lash lifts how long do you find they last? I had mine done on the 14th and been so careful with it, not sleeping on my side and haven't even worn makeup at all as been working and the curl has flattened so much :(
Oh no! Mine last at least a month.

Oh no- my mum said it should last much longer than that; maybe try another salon?

Mine lasts longer than that and I do it myself, I get at least a month out of it. When I used to go to a salon for it I’d get a good 6 weeks

Do your eyes water a lot?

I'm tempted with a lash lift but I'm worried about it not lasting . I'd also have to keep getting it done

Every 3 weeks trip to the nail bar, and now it’s coming in to summer I go for bright colours,
I’ve also invested in crest whitening strips which I’m loving, opalex shampoo and conditioner, a good body scrub once a week and a good fake tan sesh after and paint my toe nails white. Then I’m good to go ☺

Reactions: 8
Every 3 weeks trip to the nail bar, and now it’s coming in to summer I go for bright colours,
I’ve also invested in crest whitening strips which I’m loving, opalex shampoo and conditioner, a good body scrub once a week and a good fake tan sesh after and paint my toe nails white. Then I’m good to go ☺
Where do you get the crest strips? Always wanted to try but thought they weren’t sold in the uk 😊

Reactions: 1
How often do you use crest strips?

Im interested in the crest strips too.

my friend used them years ago and her teeth were ross gellar white but she thinks they have changed them as they don’t work like they used to.

Reactions: 2
Looking for recommendations for a fake tan to use before holiday that is easy to apply without streaks and would wear off subtly/evenly. I usually have a few sunbed sessions before going abroad to stop myself from burning and give a little base colour but I can’t this year as I’m pregnant.

Worried about being blindingly white in the sun so wanted to do my legs at least but worried that it might end up patchy when I’m in and out of the pool, shaving my legs more regularly and then I’d need to pack something to strip it off with! My fake tan skills are somewhat limited and it’s been years since I used it.

Advice much appreciated 🙏

Love this thread! Still working my way through it.

Laser hair removal is a big one for me. I had it done professionally on my underarms and it was incredible. The hair is now non-existent! I bought a Phillips at home device during lockdown not really expecting much from it but it’s been great. I do my legs, bikini, face and have just started my forearms. The results are a lot slower than getting it done professionally but it’s so much more affordable. Boots usually have it half price in the sale around summer time.

I used Rapidlash and saw great results with this too. Even had some people ask if I had got eyelash extensions! It’s half the price of Revitalash and equally as good. I think I saw noticeable results within 4 weeks. I’m currently trying Mavala lash serum which is only £10 on Allbeauty. I’ve been using it around 2-3 weeks and have definitely seen a slight improvement in my lashes but nothing amazing so far.

I do the usual hair masks, face masks, body scrub, fake tan etc too but tend to switch up my products quite often. Don’t do much to my eyebrows except tweeze them. They’re naturally pretty dark so don’t have to tint them, although I did try it once and they went a bit TOO dark and scary🤣. I tried whitening strips in the past like Crest etc but now I find they make my teeth a bit too sensitive so don’t bother anymore. Think I overused them as a teenager!

Does anyone have recommendations for a nail polish that lasts around 1-2 weeks? I’m open to buying at home gel kits if that’s my best option. I’ve tried cheaper gel effect polishes such as Rimmel Super Gel but don’t find they last or there isn’t enough colour options.

Can also vouch for the crest strips from uk teeth whitening website above! They are brilliant.

Reactions: 3
Looking for recommendations for a fake tan to use before holiday that is easy to apply without streaks and would wear off subtly/evenly. I usually have a few sunbed sessions before going abroad to stop myself from burning and give a little base colour but I can’t this year as I’m pregnant.

Worried about being blindingly white in the sun so wanted to do my legs at least but worried that it might end up patchy when I’m in and out of the pool, shaving my legs more regularly and then I’d need to pack something to strip it off with! My fake tan skills are somewhat limited and it’s been years since I used it.

I use St Moriz dark and apply using a mitt. If I’m honest though it all depends on how you apply in regards to it going streaky. This has a guide colour and mitts are the easiest to use. I take it on holiday and reapply after 4 days. Make sure you’re moisturising morning and night

St tropez express- blue bottle one is fab

St tropez express- blue bottle one is fab
Yes!! I prefer the gel one rather than the mousse or spray. It fades so nicely and doesn’t leave a scent on the skin. The gel one is never on sale though which is annoying as the rest always are😑

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.