Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have. Its a bit of a lengthy process but it does work, takes practice. I also do an at home lash and brow tint.
Agree, I happily tint my brows at home.
I did at home lash lifts during lock down and the results were good but I found it tedious and would rather pay someone else to do it for me. @Rubyred97 I have found some kits better than others though, definitely read the reviews and follow a YouTube tutorial for best results.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I’m darker skinned so I have black hair- do you think the eyelash tint is still worth?
I have black hair so have very dark lashes and I didn’t see any difference, I was told that dark lashes are lighter at the ends and so would be worth doing but imo it wasn’t so have never bothered again

Reactions: 1
I have black hair so have very dark lashes and I didn’t see any difference, I was told that dark lashes are lighter at the ends and so would be worth doing but imo it wasn’t so have never bothered again
Oh then I think I’ll just get a lash lift without a tint!

I just need to vent for a bit - I called the hairdresser I went to for the first time about six weeks ago whether she could cut my bangs. They were getting ridiculously long and there's a family birthday coming up next weekend, so I wanted to look nice and not cut it myself, as I often do.
Went there yesterday and she asked whether I wanted them straight - said yes, as I assumed she was asking whether I want it more like a side-swept style, even though I have full, blunt bangs. Well, she cut straight across, everything the same length 😰 and now the sides are actually shorter than the middle piece and I look like a Playmobil 😭🤬
I could have done a better job myself and actually debated doing that for a while, but then thought that it would be nice to get a hairdresser to do it. I liked her the first time I went there and now I'm not sure if I want to go again.
At least my hair grows rather quickly and it's over a week until the birthday party, so I hope it looks less stupid then.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I just need to vent for a bit - I called the hairdresser I went to for the first time about six weeks ago whether she could cut my bangs. They were getting ridiculously long and there's a family birthday coming up next weekend, so I wanted to look nice and not cut it myself, as I often do.
Went there yesterday and she asked whether I wanted them straight - said yes, as I assumed she was asking whether I want it more like a side-swept style, even though I have full, blunt bangs. Well, she cut straight across, everything the same length 😰 and now the sides are actually shorter than the middle piece and I look like a Playmobil 😭🤬
I could have done a better job myself and actually debated doing that for a while, but then thought that it would be nice to get a hairdresser to do it. I liked her the first time I went there and now I'm not sure if I want to go again.
At least my hair grows rather quickly and it's over a week until the birthday party, so I hope it looks less stupid then.
awh I’m really sorry this happened to you :( if you like the style, you could clip it on either side and leave the rest of the hair down. You could also do a slick back hairstyle with gel too. Even braids will keep the ‘fringe away’. Wishing your hair grows back quickly ❤

• Heart
Sorry this happened to you! This is actually quite a problem, hairdressers who can do fringes well are so rare. I can’t find any near me so I learned to cut and style my fringe myself. Have you tried getting a refund?

Sorry this happened to you! This is actually quite a problem, hairdressers who can do fringes well are so rare. I can’t find any near me so I learned to cut and style my fringe myself. Have you tried getting a refund?
That's the worst, she did it for free, so I feel terrible in not liking it! It was really nice of her and I can't appreciate the gesture as all I see is Playmobil.
I think I'll go back to cutting it myself or asking my mum to do it, when I'm around, she does it quite well.

I have a fringe and specifically picked my hairdresser out as she has a fringe!! she knows exactly how to cut them as she cuts her own. I always think its a good idea to seek out a hairdresser with a similar style to what you have/want to achieve as they will "get it".

Reactions: 8
I’ve probably posted this before, but my best tip for very fair haired friends is to tint your own brows and lashes at home.. it really is SO simple and easy!

I used to pay a salon to do it, it would never be as dark as I like, wouldn’t last, and they would get tint in my eyes and it would sting so bad.

i do it at home and it really helps me feel more put together with no make up on.

I use the eylure dybrow in dark brown. Put it on my brows for 8 mins and then use the rest on my lashes using the disposable mascara brushes. I leave it on for a good 10 mins and voila ✨

I just need a light, gradual, natural looking tan for a red head (that doesbt

Reactions: 8
I’ve probably posted this before, but my best tip for very fair haired friends is to tint your own brows and lashes at home.. it really is SO simple and easy!

I used to pay a salon to do it, it would never be as dark as I like, wouldn’t last, and they would get tint in my eyes and it would sting so bad.

i do it at home and it really helps me feel more put together with no make up on.

I use the eylure dybrow in dark brown. Put it on my brows for 8 mins and then use the rest on my lashes using the disposable mascara brushes. I leave it on for a good 10 mins and voila ✨

I just need a light, gradual, natural looking tan for a red head (that doesbt
Can you really dye your lashes just by painting it on with a mascara wand? I tint my own brows but assumed it would be much more fiddly to do lashes!!! 😮

Can you really dye your lashes just by painting it on with a mascara wand? I tint my own brows but assumed it would be much more fiddly to do lashes!!! 😮
Yes!!! Honestly I want to tell so many people because it really is that easy 🤣

I bought the eylure lash tint and it was so fiddly, I got it all in my eyes, I never did it again.. then one day I thought why don’t I just use my brow tint and…. It was so easy and it worked so much better. Must be a money making thing! I can’t think of any other reason why they don’t advertise the same product.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Yes!!! Honestly I want to tell so many people because it really is that easy 🤣

I bought the eylure lash tint and it was so fiddly, I got it all in my eyes, I never did it again.. then one day I thought why don’t I just use my brow tint and…. It was so easy and it worked so much better. Must be a money making thing! I can’t think of any other reason why they don’t advertise the same product.
I’m sure they used to be the same product, and then it came out as just for brows. I imagine it went wrong for someone, as ideally you should put a protective pad under the eye and have eyes closed whilst the dye is on … and still closed for the removal. However, I have always just applied a bit of the dye with a disposable wand (I mean If I can’t find one I’ve used a paintbrush in the past). Looks just as good as when I’ve paid to have it done in a salon.

Reactions: 6
Literally just got back from my lash lift, audibly gasped when I saw them, what a difference! Kicking myself for not taking before and after pics but so so pleased with the result.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Exactly the opposite of me today!!!

I've got nice clothes on but haven't had a shower, washed my face, brushed my hair or put make up on. I met someone for the first time today and he was worried about me, I had to explain that it was a knackered, got a headache day.

I think it's just knowing what suits you/what you like, building up a routine, make a little bit of effort, doing healthy stuff, taking care of your things.

I just need a light, gradual, natural looking tan for a red head
I have mentioned it on here a few times before and will mention again: I am naturally very pale and swear by Dove's Visible Glow Nourishing Tanning Lotion! It’s affordable, easy to use and produces a natural-looking result.

I have a rather funny hair problem - I have single strands of hair that grow out some centimeters white and then some centimeters colored, it looks like they grow like that in pretty regular intervals. And of course, they are along my parting. My aesthetician told me that it's likely a stress-related thing.

My hair color is a light brown, I'd say it's a warm shade with some red and mostly golden undertones. I don't want the commitment of a dye job again, but I'm only 32 and feel a bit self-conscious about those white parts peeking through in the light. I've seen these masks by Maria Nila that offer dye that fades. I only know Maria Nila by name and it is pretty expensive. Any experience with it? I'm not looking for a 100% color match to the rest of my hair, something close to it so that the odd white bits get a tad of color would be sufficient for me. My hair is dry, I wash it daily and it's natural, so I'm unsure whether it would take...

I have a rather funny hair problem - I have single strands of hair that grow out some centimeters white and then some centimeters colored, it looks like they grow like that in pretty regular intervals. And of course, they are along my parting. My aesthetician told me that it's likely a stress-related thing.

My hair color is a light brown, I'd say it's a warm shade with some red and mostly golden undertones. I don't want the commitment of a dye job again, but I'm only 32 and feel a bit self-conscious about those white parts peeking through in the light. I've seen these masks by Maria Nila that offer dye that fades. I only know Maria Nila by name and it is pretty expensive. Any experience with it? I'm not looking for a 100% color match to the rest of my hair, something close to it so that the odd white bits get a tad of color would be sufficient for me. My hair is dry, I wash it daily and it's natural, so I'm unsure whether it would take...
I would go for one the root sprays you can get! I wash my hair daily too and use the l’oreal root spray when I haven’t got my colour done and my greys come through .. they are brilliant!

I have this too. Relates to a pretty bad health anxiety related breakdown over the span of 2 years 😔 . I hate having to keep dying my hair. Iv started using toner on it as i have balayage.

I have heard of henna hair dye which seems to add colour to your hair rather than strip it but haven't done enough research yet.

I have mentioned it on here a few times before and will mention again: I am naturally very pale and swear by Dove's Visible Glow Nourishing Tanning Lotion! It’s affordable, easy to use and produces a natural-looking result.
Thank you! I was thinking of dove actually, was looking at the new mousse one. Have you tried it?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.