Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am in a total rut with my workwear, what kind of thing do you wear to the office? I need new ideas
I've just started going back into the office 2 or 3 days a week. I've bought some cigarette style trousers from next which I've been wearing with a balloon sleeve blouse from new look or an oversized shirt from matalan. I saw some nice work bits for autumn in tesco and asda of all places too xx

Reactions: 5
I’ve noticed that so many clothes for autumn are oversized and baggy, I guess it’s a trend. I’m struggling with it, I lost some weight and after hiding for years in baggy clothes I’ve been buying more fitted stuff. I still have boobs so oversized stuff just hangs off me creating a tent like silhouette. I’ve been trying to buy a shacket but all the ones I’ve ordered just look like I’m wearing someone’s tarpaulin. It’s a look that is very hard to make polished!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I am in a total rut with my workwear, what kind of thing do you wear to the office? I need new ideas
I pay attention to the spammy emails Ann Taylor sends because they’re full of nice outfit ideas

I’ve noticed that so many clothes for autumn are oversized and baggy, I guess it’s a trend. I’m struggling with it, I lost some weight and after hiding for years in baggy clothes I’ve been buying more fitted stuff. I still have boobs so oversized stuff just hangs off me creating a tent like silhouette. I’ve been trying to buy a shacket but all the ones I’ve ordered just look like I’m wearing someone’s tarpaulin. It’s a look that is very hard to make polished!
I think it’s mostly in style because people put on weight during the pandemic and want to hide a bit.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Try the store mango! They have lovely things there and I’ve been shopping there for years!

I completely refreshed my work wardrobe this autumn, as I hadn't bought any work clothes for a good few years, due to life events then COVID.

Trying a 'capsule wardrobe' approach - one good black jacket that looks smart and goes with everything. 4 pairs of trousers (black, blue, grey, checked) all from M & S outlet. 2 x Chelsea Boots (Next) and a mix of jersey t shirt tops, light knits and patterned tops/blouses (M and S Outlet/Next).

Other than that, I have a good range of dresses (that I mainly buy in sales) which I wear with a long cardigan and boots when it gets colder. If you buy from decent brands but on offer, you can find stuff that lasts for years. My fitted black dress was £40 in Jaeger sale about 10 years ago.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I’m quite boring I usually stick to black trousers from M&S or New Look.

I’m not really a blouse person so it’s usually a plain top you can pick those up from most clothes shops.
Or I go for a dress with black tights in the winter (the thermal ones from M&S are good).

Certain jewellery can change an outfit necklaces and bangles if you’re allowed,

I’m a bit gutted my office has decided to bring in a uniform starting when they arrive from the suppliers with our logo to make us look more of a team.

Any tips on how to look nice in photographs? I hate having my photo taken as I always feel like I look awkward and horrible. Any make up to avoid it any posing tips?

Reactions: 3
Any tips on how to look nice in photographs? ....
any posing tips?
I happened across these videos a few years ago. I don't have my picture taken enough to vouch for it but the results in the videos are impressive! They may take some practice at home first :D

I happened across these videos a few years ago. I don't have my picture taken enough to vouch for it but the results in the videos are impressive! They may take some practice at home first :D

Thank you! Ha, I definitely need to practice the “squinch, I just tried in the mirror and it makes me look constipated!!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Sainsbury’s have currently got some nice, affordable work clothes online too x
I've picked up some great bits from Sainsburys clothing for work, still wearing a lighweight black dress I bought about 6/7 years ago.

Hope everyone has had a nice time over the holidays.

Anyone get any good grooming presents?

I got skincare, perfume and a journal.

I have been having a declutter and made so check lists so I’m on track. Put outfits together to make it easier as well. X

Reactions: 1
l

I have been having a declutter and made so check lists so I’m on track. Put outfits together to make it easier as well. X
A Miss Dior pack that included a perfume and a full sized Dior Lip Glow !

The Lip Glow is not cheap but adds a sweet lip colour.

Glad I found this thread!

Mama here looking for her mojo!

• Heart

My mum got me the M and S Beauty Advent calendar and it was AMAZING. Plus some nice perfumes (Chanel Allure and Guerlain L'Instant).

Also, when I opened a suitcase which has been under the spare bed to pack, I found my long lost Longchamp handbag. Bonus!

Got a journal with my initial on it, plus a water bottle and new travel mug. Going to organise my wardrobe tomorrow, so I feel ready to tackle January!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Love this thread.
For the past 2 years I feel that I really let myself go, so I decided at the end of last year it’s time to change that and get back to my old self.
My plans are to -
Lash extensions done every fortnight
Hair cut and coloured every 8 weeks
Stick with my skincare routine morning and night
Get rid of the weight I have piled on so I can wear the clothes in my wardrobe
And lastly invest in some new make up for day time!

determined I want to feel good about myself each day going to work

• Heart
Reactions: 22
l

A Miss Dior pack that included a perfume and a full sized Dior Lip Glow !

The Lip Glow is not cheap but adds a sweet lip colour.

Glad I found this thread!

Mama here looking for her mojo!
Ooh that sounds fab. Even if I’m having a chill day in the house I will wear perfume.

Think getting your mojo back is so important even if it’s just little feel good treats.

My mum got me the M and S Beauty Advent calendar and it was AMAZING. Plus some nice perfumes (Chanel Allure and Guerlain L'Instant).

Also, when I opened a suitcase which has been under the spare bed to pack, I found my long lost Longchamp handbag. Bonus!

Got a journal with my initial on it, plus a water bottle and new travel mug. Going to organise my wardrobe tomorrow, so I feel ready to tackle January!
The M&S calendar was fab and it’s such a good way to try products. I’ve found some of my favourite products like that.

I’ve sorted my wardrobe out. Things like a journal and a travel mug just make doing boring tasks a little bit brighter.

Bet you were chuffed on finding the bag. I love allure as well…it’s lovely in spring as well. Always feels very fresh x

Love this thread.
For the past 2 years I feel that I really let myself go, so I decided at the end of last year it’s time to change that and get back to my old self.
My plans are to -
Lash extensions done every fortnight
Hair cut and coloured every 8 weeks
Stick with my skincare routine morning and night
Get rid of the weight I have piled on so I can wear the clothes in my wardrobe
And lastly invest in some new make up for day time!

determined I want to feel good about myself each day going to work
One of my pals books all her appointments at the beginning of the year. Hair, lashes, physio check up, hygienist and dental appointments.

I’ve been religious about my skincare morning and might for a few months now and my skin is thanking me.

Don’t beat yourself over the weight as you’re not alone on gaining weight. My big tip would be fine something maintainable…being restrictive from the start just sets you up to fail.Same with over exercising.

I want to get back into exercise with Pilates to build my core strength and go from there.

I’ve sorted outfits out. I’ve got loads but put together 7 outfits just to grab. I even put knickers and bra on the hanger plus socks or tights as it makes it so much easier to just pull something on quickly and feel groomed.

Also got a new deodorant…it’s dove and pear scented. That and then a spritz of fragrance. X

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Ooh that sounds fab. Even if I’m having a chill day in the house I will wear perfume.

Think getting your mojo back is so important even if it’s just little feel good treats.

The M&S calendar was fab and it’s such a good way to try products. I’ve found some of my favourite products like that.

I’ve sorted my wardrobe out. Things like a journal and a travel mug just make doing boring tasks a little bit brighter.

Bet you were chuffed on finding the bag. I love allure as well…it’s lovely in spring as well. Always feels very fresh x

One of my pals books all her appointments at the beginning of the year. Hair, lashes, physio check up, hygienist and dental appointments.

I’ve been religious about my skincare morning and might for a few months now and my skin is thanking me.

Don’t beat yourself over the weight as you’re not alone on gaining weight. My big tip would be fine something maintainable…being restrictive from the start just sets you up to fail.Same with over exercising.

I want to get back into exercise with Pilates to build my core strength and go from there.

I’ve sorted outfits out. I’ve got loads but put together 7 outfits just to grab. I even put knickers and bra on the hanger plus socks or tights as it makes it so much easier to just pull something on quickly and feel groomed.

Also got a new deodorant…it’s dove and pear scented. That and then a spritz of fragrance. X
I’m currently in bed with COVID so think I’ll make use of the time and start booking appointments for the first half of the year at least.
My wardrobe needs a proper organisation but no energy to do that just now.
I got my first lot of Botox before christmas so really want to keep that going too.
Iv went through some tit times the past few years and I’ve been thinking of therapy so hopefully that will help me get my tit together emotionally

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.