Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah it can always grow back & I’m learning a new skill plus saving money I’d spend on the hairdresser. I always felt like I was being blackmailed with their prices 😅 I can’t recall if he’s done a bangs one but it’s worth checking out! He’s really good at breaking down the process 💇🏻‍♀️
Just been watching one! He goes through it really thoroughly, but I’m prettified of the slanted cutting to blend it with the rest of the hair 😬

Sell it on Depop. I've bought lots of used perfumes there.
Royal Mail don’t tend to let you post perfume unless it’s unopened and in original packaging (of course, you don’t have to be as honest as I was when I went to post 😂)

best bet is maybe fb marketplace where someone can pick it up x

Reactions: 2
Weird one, what type of pants do you wear? I’ve got into a habit of wearing big pants and I need to break it - they are so unsexy.
My go to comfy pants are cotton thongs with a lace top! You can get them cheap from asda in different colours. They're so comfy but still look nice

Reactions: 1
Just been watching one! He goes through it really thoroughly, but I’m prettified of the slanted cutting to blend it with the rest of the hair 😬

Royal Mail don’t tend to let you post perfume unless it’s unopened and in original packaging (of course, you don’t have to be as honest as I was when I went to post 😂)

best bet is maybe fb marketplace where someone can pick it up x
The blending part is always the scariest with his haircuts! I recommend watching the videos where he reviews other peoples videos of trying out his tutorial. You’ll get a sense of whether or not results are achievable. 🙂

• Heart
My go to comfy pants are cotton thongs with a lace top! You can get them cheap from asda in different colours. They're so comfy but still look nice
Are the asda bras any good? I was going to buy the M&S Smoothing Padded Plunge Bra (€37) but... I'm cheap.... 😬 I'm only a 34B so hate spending big money on bras..

Are Newlook bras any good?

Also any tips on how to measure yourself? Nowhere near me seems to do it any more 🤷‍♀️

Are the asda bras any good? I was going to buy the M&S Smoothing Padded Plunge Bra (€37) but... I'm cheap.... 😬 I'm only a 34B so hate spending big money on bras..

Also any tips on how to measure yourself? Nowhere near me seems to do it any more 🤷‍♀️
You're supposed to measure your back size and the size of your bust (tape measure going across your nipples) and do some equation to work it out but no idea what it is 🤣 have a look online and try doing it a few different times using different guidance to see if it gives you an average size.

I've had some nice asda bras in the past. I love boux avenue bras and every now and then they have big sales. I would normally buy the bra in a few different sizes and just see what's most comfortable and return the rest.

I bought a t-shirt bra from sainsburys last night to go with my new seamless bodysuits (trying to look more classy and put together this summer instead of wearing baggy tshirts 😅) but my normal size dug in too much on the back so I went up a back size and down a cup size, it feels loads better. Maybe I've been wearing the wrong size all this time 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
You're supposed to measure your back size and the size of your bust (tape measure going across your nipples) and do some equation to work it out but no idea what it is 🤣 have a look online and try doing it a few different times using different guidance to see if it gives you an average size.

I've had some nice asda bras in the past. I love boux avenue bras and every now and then they have big sales. I would normally buy the bra in a few different sizes and just see what's most comfortable and return the rest.

I bought a t-shirt bra from sainsburys last night to go with my new seamless bodysuits (trying to look more classy and put together this summer instead of wearing baggy tshirts 😅) but my normal size dug in too much on the back so I went up a back size and down a cup size, it feels loads better. Maybe I've been wearing the wrong size all this time 🤣
I tried doing the equations before and came out as a DD and I knew that wasn't right 🤣🤣 but I was looking on the New Look website and they have an easy to understand way of working out your size so I may go with that... their bras are all too lacey and detailed for me though...

Oh this summer is all about being more put together!! I feel like since 2019 my fashion sense has just disappeared into a hole so time to change that, it's probably the same for a lot of people I'd imagine!?

I'll look up the boux avenue bras too, thanks!

Reactions: 3
I tried doing the equations before and came out as a DD and I knew that wasn't right 🤣🤣 but I was looking on the New Look website and they have an easy to understand way of working out your size so I may go with that... their bras are all too lacey and detailed for me though...

Oh this summer is all about being more put together!! I feel like since 2019 my fashion sense has just disappeared into a hole so time to change that, it's probably the same for a lot of people I'd imagine!?

I'll look up the boux avenue bras too, thanks!
Let me know what the New Look bras are like if you buy them!

Yes me too! My own style seems to have disappeared and I've just been going for a comfy sporty look. I do make an effort on a night out but day to day is normally leggings and top, especially with working from home all the time now. I've had a huge clear out recently got donated loads of clothes and just invested in some more flattering and neutral pieces.

I've only just started following this thread and am currently catching up on the previous threads whenever I sit down with a cuppa 😂

Some new things I've been loving are my new Charlotte tilbury make up and the Fenti cherry lip oil. Makes your lips look amazing and the oil is conditioning. I've just ordered that UKLash serum and planning to start getting lash lifts.

Does anyone get regular facials and can you recommend which ones to get? Sorry if this has ready been discussed on previous threads!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Let me know what the New Look bras are like if you buy them!

Yes me too! My own style seems to have disappeared and I've just been going for a comfy sporty look. I do make an effort on a night out but day to day is normally leggings and top, especially with working from home all the time now. I've had a huge clear out recently got donated loads of clothes and just invested in some more flattering and neutral pieces.

I've only just started following this thread and am currently catching up on the previous threads whenever I sit down with a cuppa 😂

Some new things I've been loving are my new Charlotte tilbury make up and the Fenti cherry lip oil. Makes your lips look amazing and the oil is conditioning. I've just ordered that UKLash serum and planning to start getting lash lifts.

Does anyone get regular facials and can you recommend which ones to get? Sorry if this has ready been discussed on previous threads!
I got two hydrafacials last year, I really rate them but it's hard to know with facials as they can suit some peoples skin types and not others. I do plan on getting another hydrafacial before the start of the summer aswell because I really like how they make my skin look and I feel the effects last awhile on me.

I just ordered "some" bits from boux avenue there 😬 gonna say goodbye to the granny knickers too.... 😅

Speaking of bras, where can I find nice padded bralettes? I’m a 30A so I don’t exactly need some feat of bra engineering, and I decided that underwired bras are just too uncomfortable. The trouble is most bralettes are unlined/unpadded and they make my nipples show. I always mean to pick up a Calvin Klein one in the sale and never do. VS/PINK* ones tend to be overly lacy or push up (I literally don’t have enough boob to push up so they terrible on me). I had high hopes for the new Hollister underwear store in Manchester but that wasn’t great either.

*For the person looking for actual bras: I always used to get mine in the PINK sale. As I got towards my 30s fewer of the styles appealed to me, but you can get some less teenage looking patterns and plain ones. The discounts were always good and I found the quality good too - mine looked good as new years later.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Speaking of bras, where can I find nice padded bralettes? I’m a 30A so I don’t exactly need some feat of bra engineering, and I decided that underwired bras are just too uncomfortable. The trouble is most bralettes are unlined/unpadded and they make my nipples show. I always mean to pick up a Calvin Klein one in the sale and never do. VS/PINK* ones tend to be overly lacy or push up (I literally don’t have enough boob to push up so they terrible on me). I had high hopes for the new Hollister underwear store in Manchester but that wasn’t great either.

*For the person looking for actual bras: I always used to get mine in the PINK sale. As I got towards my 30s fewer of the styles appealed to me, but you can get some less teenage looking patterns and plain ones. The discounts were always good and I found the quality good too - mine looked good as new years later.
I'm a 32A/B and have this exact same issue. Just need a simple bra that covers my nipples lol. I often use bralettes as not exactly much to hold up.

i always use the boob or bust technique and always get the correct size.

If you do use that don’t be alarmed by the outcome lol.

i did it for my mum and she is relatively small ish and we were shocked to get an E cup measurement but the bra she got fitted well.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
i always use the boob or bust technique and always get the correct size.

If you do use that don’t be alarmed by the outcome lol.

i did it for my mum and she is relatively small ish and we were shocked to get an E cup measurement but the bra she got fitted well.
That's interesting... I wish I could get professionally measured cause I just doubt my results but maybe I wasn't that far wrong...

Reactions: 2
That's interesting... I wish I could get professionally measured cause I just doubt my results but maybe I wasn't that far wrong...
I'm relatively small too - as in, I have tits, but didn't think they're big and when I got measured and the lady (she was lovely) told me it's an E cup I goggled at her. Keep in mind that it's a ratio, so while the initial result sounds like a "no way", I'd suggest simply trying on a few.
I've since that first measurement never looked back, my bras now actually fit me and are comfortable. The brands aren't all the same, but I've found one that just seems to fit and stick with it.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Hi 👋 😊 so yesterday was my 31st birthday I’ve had Botox a few times but currently with cost of living I’m unable to afford it anyway my wrinkles are bad bad! I’ve also got thinking that the last 13 years have been so trauma filled and my mental health has been really bad (sorry a bit deep) I’ve let myself go completely. Could someone please tell me as I’m make up free most days but need to start with a cleanser/ toner I have no idea 🙈 but could someone give me advice please on what I would need to make myself not look like a haggard witch 🧙‍♀️ 🤣 also fake tan? Have used many before when I was a party girl but the smell on the sheets now is just to much 🤢 is there any fake tans preferably ones that spray on that doesn’t smell like coconut 🥥/biscuits 🙃 thanks sorry bit rambled looking forward to having a read through all these threads 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Hi y'all 👋 so happy to have found this wonderful thread.

I m looking for a body spray with deoderant, is there a good one you can recommend?

I got two hydrafacials last year, I really rate them but it's hard to know with facials as they can suit some peoples skin types and not others. I do plan on getting another hydrafacial before the start of the summer aswell because I really like how they make my skin look and I feel the effects last awhile on me.

I just ordered "some" bits from boux avenue there 😬 gonna say goodbye to the granny knickers too.... 😅
Thanks I'll have a look into hydrafacials!

I hope you like your new boux avenue bits 🥰

• Heart

I started wearing Primark pack of 3 bralettes with removable pads in lockdown but can't seem to make myself go back to the harnesses I used to wear before. 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.