Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So I've always struggled with my skin to a certain extent, and have taken the risk to order from the ordinary - any reviews?
I have tried a few things from the ordinary... they always seem to react to my skin so anything I have got I have ended up giving to someone else.

I think the Inky list is meant to be better (oat cleansing balm) but I haven't tried it myself yet personally...

I do have sensitive skin though and products are very hit and miss for me.

Reactions: 2
I love the ordinary and the inkey list. I don't have sensitive skin but I do have psoriasis on my face

• Heart
Does anyone have any recommendations for make up brush sets? I have lots of random bits and always just buy stuff if it’s on sale as I’m terrible at washing them, so I normally just throw away and re buy. So not too expensive too!

Reactions: 1
Anyone tried redken shampoo? Are they any good?
I've tried the acidic bonding shampoo and conditioner (white bottles), the extreme shampoo and conditioner (blue bottles) and the all soft shampoo and conditioner (brown bottles).

Favourite is the acidic bonding, I preferred it to Olaplex and it left my hair really soft. Least favourite is all soft. I wash my hair every day and this makes it feel quite heavy.

• Heart
Does anyone have any recommendations for make up brush sets? I have lots of random bits and always just buy stuff if it’s on sale as I’m terrible at washing them, so I normally just throw away and re buy. So not too expensive too!
I love real techniques - although there is always a website that has a sale on them so never buy them full price !!
If not, primark normally have some good ones to be fair x

Reactions: 5
I love Eco tool brushes - they are really great quality and not expensive.

Reactions: 8
I love Eco tool brushes - they are really great quality and not expensive.

I was going to mention them too.

Revolution do some good ones too.

I have had Real Techniques but for some reason the rubberised handles get sticky

Reactions: 4
I like Eco Tools powder brushes and their eyeshadow brushes are quite good too. Best ones I have are random ones picked up in TK Maxx over the years with no brand marked on, and a Shiseido foundation brush that definitely isn't cheap and cheerful but works well enough to deserve regular washing.

Peaches & cream brushes are fab! And they wash really well too

§
I have, I didn't find it to be anything special but I think shampoo & conditioner are totally dependant on your hair type (mine is fine and highlighted). I get on best with Kerastase and buy the ones for blonde hair and for volume and alternate them.

I am a convert to Redken Volume Injection (pink bottle) for my fine straight hair, influenced by the Blowout Professor on YouTube. I follow his method (shampoo twice with the right shampoo, condition, then leave-in conditioner on mid lengths and oil on ends) and my hair is so much better after several months, comments from everyone, needs washing less often and looks good even air dried. I was always thrifty with my hair care purchases but this is worth every penny.

Last week I found Pureology Hydrate Sheer conditioner at TK Maxx for £9.99, usually £25ish. I really like it but will alternate with the Redken as I can imagine not always wanting the menthol-type smell. I bought it because Blowout Prof recommends Pureology leave-in conditioner which I've not yet tried.

I don't like to wear my good perfume to work so I buy Aldi ones. Just got the Poppy and Barley (Jo Malone dupe). It's lovely.
Saaaaaaaaame I've never had so many compliments around the office! Can't believe it's only a tenner for eau de parfum.

I have the actual Jo malone poppy and barley perfume and I hate the smell 😭 the first spray is gorgeous but the dry down is an overwhelming smell of barley and it’s just awful. Honestly can’t make myself use it 😭 I wonder if the aldi dupe is better?

I want to sell it on my vinted but they won’t allow used products 🥲

I swear by the Give me retinol range skincare especially when it's on offer for the set. I used to use no7 protect and perfect intense and found it had no effect. The give me range is amazing I'm noticing such a difference and I'm 48. I add a few inkey list products (collagen peptide and occasionaly the vit c) and an spf as give me doesn't have an spf. Lots of people have commented on the difference in my skin. Have just found this thread, tempted to try the UK lash but I have very sensitive eyes, how do people find it?

Also I can only.wear closed toe sandel for work but I can't find any trendy ones any tips? I live in flip flops in summer and boots in the winter. Found trainers too hot for work last year

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.